You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

VitoB
Posted 2014-04-15 8:39 AM (#154257)
Subject: Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.

Puddle Jumper

Randolph, MA United States
This noise that I have on my 2008 Vision is driving me nuts as I am thinking it is the belt being too tight or something in the clutch. I feel it mostly when I am in fourth or fifth gear and decelerating around 40 MPH. Back in November my local dealer had replaced the back tire and I do not recall ever feeling and hearing the noise. The handle bars vibrate and it almost sounds like if the brake pads are metal to metal.

Here is the kicker, when I pull in the clutch it goes away. So I am not sure if it is the belt or something with the clutch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-15 11:09 AM (#154265 - in reply to #154257)
Subject: RE: Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.

Visionary

Jasper, MO
When you pull the clutch, it takes the load off the belt and the engine, and vibration goes away.

You never had the problem before the back tire replacement and belt adjustment. Now, you do.

I would be checking the belt tension. It's probably too tight.

Ronnie
VitoB
Posted 2014-04-15 12:48 PM (#154273 - in reply to #154265)
Subject: RE: Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.

Puddle Jumper

Thanks, Ronnie as I suspected because I do not recall this prior to the back tire being changed.
VitoB
Posted 2014-04-23 2:58 PM (#155549 - in reply to #154273)
Subject: Re: Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.

Puddle Jumper

Well I had my local dealer check the belt and it is not too tight. I also had the service manager take it for a ride but he claims he did not hear or feel the noise. Yesterday it was more prominent and this is driving me nuts because I cannot really pin point it.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-04-23 6:17 PM (#155558 - in reply to #154257)
Subject: Re: Rubbing/Grinding noise with vibration in my bars etc.

Visionary

checking tension on belt doesn't tell you if the belt is aligned right. Go back to dealer have them check wheel bearings and re-align belt
This is just a guess. Go out and look at the marks on the aliment tabs on the axle plates and see if both are in center of the swing arm on both sides or if there way off. They should be the same on each side.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™