You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

VFC-III Settings???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

steve76t
Posted 2014-04-15 8:14 PM (#154303)
Subject: VFC-III Settings???

Puddle Jumper

I've got a '13 Vision and late last year I installed a Lloydz VFC-III fuel controler, Lloydz Timing Wheel and Lloydz Top Filter. The VFC-III was preset by Lloydz ((G=3.5, Y=3, R=1, G/B=n/a, Y/B=5, R/B=3)) and I haven't adjusted anything yet as the bike runs great. However, I do have one issue... when starting a cold bike, it spits out quite a bit of carbon during its warm up. Typically I start the bike, let it idle for a couple minutes while I put my helmet on, I back it out of the garage, crack the throttle open for a second which blows the carbon out the exhaust. After that there's really no signs of any more soot or carbon at all. I park infront of a wall at work and when I start the bike there, I leave two big black spots on the wall when I start it up.

Kind of thinking of leaning out the G setting to if it'll help. Does anyone else have this issue? Have you made any adjustments to correct it?

Thanks for your input...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-16 9:55 AM (#154312 - in reply to #154303)
Subject: RE: VFC-III Settings???

Visionary

Jasper, MO
The ECU sets a richer mixture when the bike first starts and is warming up. Think of it in terms of the chokes on the old carburetors. Cold motors need a richer mixture to keep running, until up to operating temperature.

Also, your exhaust will be spitting a lot of water condensation until it heats up.

It's normal.

Ronnie
steve76t
Posted 2014-04-17 12:45 AM (#154326 - in reply to #154303)
Subject: Re: VFC-III Settings???

Puddle Jumper

I do understand that the ECU is making adjustments to the fuel mixture when cold. However, the issue I'm having did not occur at all before installing the VFC-III.
willtill
Posted 2014-04-17 9:18 AM (#154329 - in reply to #154303)

Visionary

Central Maryland
You may have been leaner before installing the fuel controller. You're going to see a richer A/F with the fueler; more fuel and air equates to more power.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-04-17 6:22 PM (#154340 - in reply to #154303)

Visionary

Get a hold of Rylan at the vic shop and tell him what the bike is doing and what your settings are at hes a great guy and does give good help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™