You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

ABS 2013 Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ironhead
Posted 2014-04-27 3:22 PM (#155680)
Subject: ABS 2013 Vision

Puddle Jumper

I replaced by back tire yesterday. I had never taken the back tire off of a bike before but after reading how to do it on some of the forums I decided to give it a try. Everything went well. Took the bike out for a ride and withing a few minutes the ABS light came home. Put it on the jack that the ABS wire was laying up against the rotor and it had rubbed the insulation off to leaving bare wire exposed. My question is what did I miss? Is there a channel or something that the wire is supposed to lay in? I just let the caliber hang, and I know I shouldn't have but it didn't seem that heavy, so I didn't think it was a big deal. It could be that the wire pulled out of a channel that I didn't notice before. Or it could be that it pulled some slack from under the seat somewhere and left me with more slack at he bottom than under the seat. If someone would provide me a picture of their rear brake caliber and where the ABS line runs I sure would appreciate it. Any help would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cw1115
Posted 2014-04-27 11:48 PM (#155705 - in reply to #155680)
Subject: Re: ABS 2013 Vision

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I have to search my posts from about a month ago. I had the tire off my 2013 for the 1st and the ABS wire didn't look right. I asked and somebody took a photo for me. Turns out I had everything correct. There is a channel for the wire in the caliper bracket. After looking at it again it was the only way it would go back together if you didn't remove the retainer holding the wire.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-04-28 6:32 AM (#155708 - in reply to #155680)
Subject: Re: ABS 2013 Vision

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
there is a plastic connection point that holds the wire to the mounting device that hold the caliper. also i noticed my wire goes over the swing arm and then into that plastic connection piece i mentioned. i saw mine wire doesnt even come close to the disc..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™