You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

adding XM and cruise to an 08 vision INFO IF U NEED IT!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

icemann
Posted 2014-05-12 11:02 PM (#156229)
Subject: adding XM and cruise to an 08 vision INFO IF U NEED IT!

Cruiser

, OH
Well this started off as one of those "THIS SHOULD BE EASY" projects.

Adding the Optional cruise, and optional XM satellite to the factory radio. Well after extensive research I learned. Everything is discontinued. There isnt much follow up after that. Had to force some people to look up alot of numbers. Called polaris and got brushed off.

SO starting with the XM. Victory calls for the module kit 2876115... Which comes with the module, an antenna, mount bracket, screws and wire ties.

Polaris Victory Vision XM Satellite Radio 2876115. This part is discontinued and not avail. No further information listed.

This Requires Wiring Harness (2876143), sold separately.

The wire harness 2876143 has not changed from 08, 09, 10 etc. The main factory radio hasnt changed either.
The only thing that has changed for 2009, and 2010 is the XM radio module. 2877671. I have found them most everywhere for $429.00. After some pushing my dealer got it for $299.00 new in the box. It lists everywhere that this will not work on an 08. Well it does. IF the harness and radio hasnt changed it has to work.

Found the wire harness new on ebay from Toledo Honda/victory in Ohio for $40.00

Pretty simple install. Mount module in side the right side bag. Line up module, drill four holes for mounting. Drill main center hole and push wires thru. Tighten screws. Route antenna from dash down the right side with the main wire harness to the module plug it in.

Route wire harness 2876153 down the same right side with main wire harness. Check plug connections before routing to avoid it being in backwards.

Plug in the upper part of the harness to the underside of the factory radio. Take bike to dealer for radio program upgrade. Mine didnt charge for it.

Mounted antenna on top of left brake resovior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the bike was 3/4 apart. added lay flat license plate mount, as well as the cruise control.

The cruise control modules are the same from 08-12. They mount underneath in a bracket. module is $60-80 on ebay all day.

The more expensive part is the chrome switch 4012843 which is from a 2010. $149.00. I couldnt find one on ebay to save my life. There is a jumper that is needed to for the 2010 switch to work on 08, 09. 2411726.

It's over $600 to buy the whole kit out right from victory. Of course everything shows discontinued. It was under $250 to buy the module and cable off ebay and just buy the switch. Jumper found on ebay as well.

Not to hatefull to put in. However no where does it easly mention that the jumber HC CRS JST FS TO MML M7 is needed.

anyway for anyone that has been Pounding ebay looking for discontinued parts. I found a work around and it works well.

JD

(xm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments xm.jpg (51KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
icemann
Posted 2014-05-12 11:24 PM (#156230 - in reply to #156229)
Subject: Re: adding XM and cruise to an 08 vision INFO IF U NEED IT!

Cruiser

, OH
I hope this helps someone as I was disruntal when no dealers would offer to assist on how to add xm to an 08 or 09. Discontinued doesnt answer the question.

Edited by icemann 2014-05-12 11:25 PM
sonicbluerider
Posted 2014-05-13 6:52 AM (#156245 - in reply to #156229)

Tourer

, IA
Wow never new visions came without cruise
Monkeyman
Posted 2014-05-13 3:45 PM (#156261 - in reply to #156229)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Early on, Visions came in a bunch of different flavors. There were Street versions (without a trunk) and Tour version (with a trunk). Each came in 3 different varieties from plain Street or Tour to Comfort and Premium. I think only the Street Premium and Tour Comfort and Premium came with cruise, standard. Pretty sure no years 8 Balls had cruise, either. (They didn't have a hydraulic clutch or a stereo, either.)
nealwirgau
Posted 2014-07-25 11:38 AM (#163599 - in reply to #156229)
Subject: RE: adding XM and cruise to an 08 vision INFO IF U NEED IT!

Puddle Jumper

Stony Mountain, MB Canada

I am not sure how iceman was able to get the XM to work as I have had no success yet, maybe someone can help me out on this.

After reading iceman's post I purchased for my 2009 Vision Tour Premium a XM Module for a 2010, part# 2877671 and the Wiring Harness part# 2876143 and installed them and then took my bike to the local dealer to get the radio flashed so the radio could be set to accept the XM Module, now this is when all of the problems started.

When the dealer hooked my bike up to Digital Wrench, the program automatically read that my bike is a 2009 and then when they continued on to the radio portion of the program to open it up for the XM Module Digital Wrench said "invalid components installed" and the program wouldn't let us continue on. We then tried to tell Digital Wrench that the bike was a 2010 and get into the radio that way, but Digital Wrench wouldn't let us do that as it knew the bike was a 2009 from the serial number that it was reading electronically from my bike.... ..so we came to a grinding halt on that angle.

I have since been in touch via email with the customer service department at Radio Sound  (the manufacturer of Victory Audio Components) and explained the whole situation to them of what I was trying to do and that I want to add XM to my 2009 Vision, but the XM Module for the 2008 & 2009 Vision part# 2876115 has been discontinued and Polaris/Victory can't locate any old stock ones at any warehouse or any dealers. After a day of emails back and forth Radio Sound replied back to me to send them my bike serial # , the mileage off of my bike, the part# & serial # from off of my radio and they would then give me a return number to send my 2009 radio and the XM Module for a 2010, part# 2877671 and they would flash the radio to open it up for the XM Module.......at last the problem is solved, right? Well after about an hour after I received the email, a customer service rep. phoned me and said that she talked to another engineer there and he guaranteed that even though they would flash my radio for to be able to do XM, that the 2010 XM Module will not interface with the 2009 radio, so now I am back to square 1.

So these are the options I put forward during the phone conversation and the responses that I have got back:

- I said how about if I send them my 2009 radio and the 2010 XM Module and they swap the radio for the 2010 version and set the 2010 radio to be XM enabled and send it all back to me.....the response I got is that Radio Sound is under contract with Victory and they are restricted to exchange radios back model for model, meaning if I send them a 2009 radio in, I have to get a 2009 radio back, not a 2010 model or newer radio.

- I asked if I could purchase a 2008/2009 XM Module from them, part# 2876115.....the response I got was they don't have any, they only made how many ever Victory ordered from them and not any extras and they shipped them all to Victory.

- They suggested to me that I should buy a 2010/2011 factory radio, part # 4012272 from my Victory dealer.....I responded back that I looked at that option already and the problem is when my dealer punches in that part# that it comes up for around $800.00 when it was last sold, but there is none available in the system and to contact the Victory Technical Services. My dealer figured that if they did follow that path that Victory would tell them to get an exchange radio from Radio Sound....so another dead end.    I also told the Radio Sound rep. on the phone that the other problem I would have even if I could buy a 2010/2011 radio from Victory, would be I wouldn't be able to enable it for XM, because after the 2010 radio is installed into my 2009 bike and we hook it up to Digital Wrench we are going to hit a brick wall when Digital Wrench reads that my bike is a 2009 from the serial#....so another dead end.

The Radio Sound Rep. said she would look into it further and get back to me, that was 2 days ago and I haven't heard back from them yet.

So now I am into the 2010 XM Module part# 2877671 for $449.99, the Wiring Harness part# 2876143 for $67.99 and $58.55 for the shop time they spent on trying to flash my radio and couldn't because of being limited by Digital Wrench.

So I am hoping that someone out here can help me out with my problem.

icemann
Posted 2014-08-11 10:21 PM (#164175 - in reply to #156229)

Cruiser

, OH
Have them just add the "part number" to he 2008 inventory on digital wrench. Then the software will see the correct part number and continue the flash.
ICE
Runinwithscisrs
Posted 2015-07-27 4:38 PM (#173781 - in reply to #156229)

New user

Phoenix, AZ United States
What did they do for the radio program upgrade? I have done this and mounted the all the hardware on mine and the stereo will not see the XM unit. When I called my sealed they just said it should be plug n play. What's the upgrade that needs to be done to get the stereo to see the XM unit?
icemann
Posted 2015-07-29 9:07 PM (#173981 - in reply to #156229)

Cruiser

, OH
you have to have your dealership only send the main radio and the xm module to radiosound. http://www.radiosound.com/customer_service.php

in 2010 the "FIRMWARE" changed on the main radio and xm units. Older units in the field never got the update. They will swap you modules and program your radio to match and send it back. I believe they are near Kentucky or Alabama cant remember. I do know that I sent mine out on friday and they guarantee to send it back out the same day they get it. I had mine back installed by tuesday. FYI. I can now tell you every detail of digital wrench and 12+ engineers at polaris that DID NOT KNOW THIS INFO. I found out by dealing directly with radiosound technical team and had them call my dealership to get it moving. Guys at my local dealership are top notch but kept getting circle jerked by polaris.

JD

Edited by icemann 2015-07-29 9:08 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™