You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

where I stand on the Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2014-05-14 2:49 PM (#156297)
Subject: where I stand on the Vision

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Just forum chatter folks, but it will be good to hear others chime in.  While I gave it thought for a few years to ride again, when I bought the Vision new, it was a knee jerk reaction. I was banking on a lot of things that I was not fully sure of.  One, Victory's reputation.  I read as much as I could, and I'm always diligent to read between the lines.  If someone made a mistake in buying something, but stuck with it, they may deny the bad decision by saying the opposite.  But what I saw, Victory riders were truly satisfied customers.  They were satisfied because Victorys are reliable and well made.  With the Vision, I had to come to grips with the "different" style.  Well, that's me anyways.  I'm usually the odd man out in a lot of things, so it never bothered me to be different, as in Vision different.  Though, I still notice other more traditional minded folks still have an issue with the "space ship".  I could rattle on about nuiances and such, but I've come to a single conclusion, this is the best purchase of vehicles I've ever made and will ride this bike until the wheels fall off...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-05-14 3:20 PM (#156298 - in reply to #156297)
Subject: Re: where I stand on the Vision

Visionary

Central Maryland
Meh... My Vision is a good bike. So are other that I've had.

But my shadow has never graced a Harley.
lstayner
Posted 2014-05-14 3:44 PM (#156299 - in reply to #156297)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
My Dad told me a story many years ago that always stuck with me:

A man walked into a Brothel and laid his money down and picked his lady out. They went back into a bedroom and he proceeded to undress in front of the lady of the evening. She looked at his Johnson, pointed, laughed and said "who are you going to please with that little thing?" He answered "ME"

When I buy anything that other people think is different or they make comments about, I always go back to this story. Buy what you like and screw everybody else s opinion. I love my Vision and will buy another one when this one wears out in a few hundred thousand miles.
lennyb
Posted 2014-05-14 4:41 PM (#156300 - in reply to #156297)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
I find a lot of things in many bikes that I see which are darn appealing to me, and kudos to the designers and engineers who have created them. Yet for the riding I do, and even more so what I do now only because I ride a Vision (eg: ride year round) I can not imagine being more satisfied with any other bike.
roundtwig
Posted 2014-05-14 4:43 PM (#156301 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

flagstaff, AZ
I didn't like the Visions looks, but being open minded I took one for a test ride with my wife. I've owned mine ever since then. I'm very happy with my purchase. I don't plan to get rid of the Vision but I never planned on buying it either.
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-05-14 5:01 PM (#156302 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
Thanks for creating some chatter. This forum has been getting stale lately. Maybe it's because generally there are no problems with the Vision or there just aren't enough out there. @7,000 in 6 years doesn't amount to a lot. The Vision is the only bike I would buy again. I'm actually looking forward to the next gen Vision, if there's one. I don't know if the Vision sale numbers is what Polaris is looking for vs. their target for the Indian Chieftain compare with other touring bikes. Maybe this market is dying out like BabyBoomers are. BMWs seem to have no problem attracting younger riders at over $20k a pop. The small to mid-sized naked/hooligan bikes are attracting a lot of young buyers too. Maybe HD is on to something with their Street bikes. I guess time will tell, once everyone who wants an Indian buys one. Then where are the sales going to come from?
crw
Posted 2014-05-14 6:02 PM (#156303 - in reply to #156297)
Subject: RE: where I stand on the Vision

Puddle Jumper

Griswold, CT
I to didn't like the vision looks at first.
Everyone that i ride with have gold wings.
I didn't want a wing, so I keep looking.
I keep come back to the victory.
I wast looking at the cross country but I could not bite.
The more I went back the more I liked the vision.
Once I liked the vision I had no problem going with the vision
BEST bike i ever rode.
And i had several kings all the big names

Pops
Posted 2014-05-14 6:08 PM (#156304 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
I just voted with my bill-fold. Victory Vision is it. King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.

Happy, happy, happy!
varyder
Posted 2014-05-14 6:16 PM (#156305 - in reply to #156304)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Pops - 2014-05-14 7:08 PM I just voted with my bill-fold. Victory Vision is it. King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good. Happy, happy, happy!

Yes!!

Jimbo62
Posted 2014-05-15 12:25 AM (#156316 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
I never gave Victory a thought until a few years ago when a couple of friends of mine started riding them. They each had a Vegas, and kept after me to start riding again. Once I sold the wife on the idea, I started looking. I stumbled upon an '05 Kingpin, liked what I saw and bought it. Started riding whenever possible and met some other Victory owners in the process. Two of which had Visions. For me it was love at first sight. When you know, you know. Again I had to convince my other half that this was something I wanted. Started looking, and found my 2011 a year ago March. I will never own another bike. (Mainly because all my extra money is going into this one). If you've done any upgrades, you know what I mean. Just my 2 cents.
kris1956
Posted 2014-05-15 4:25 AM (#156318 - in reply to #156297)

Iron Butt

I knew I wanted a Vision from the moment Victory introduced it. It was different and God knows I've heard more than a few offhanded comments but I don't care. I bought it for me. Kevin is coming to Dallas for a cam party and it's going to be Christmas in July for myself and a few others.
RedRider
Posted 2014-05-15 4:27 AM (#156319 - in reply to #156297)

Visionary

167,000+ on 3 Victory bikes over the years. Anny has 64,000.
Look forward to many more.

Actually I am interested in what an Indian full tourer will look like? Come on Mike Song.
jimtom
Posted 2014-05-15 4:54 AM (#156321 - in reply to #156318)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
The Vision is the best ! When it came out, I wasn't sure about it but I rode one and the wheels started turning in my head. This is bike is like someone said, magic. I can ride it forever. It is the Lincoln Town Car ( I prefer this reference over Cadillac) of motorcycles. Both my 99 and The Visionquest are the best bikes I have ever owned. I have so many memories , so many beautiful places I have been and yet to go. I love that it's a turn key bike. I just ride it . I don't have to work on it. I was just looking on the VMC at a thread I contributed to titled "If Victory didn't exist, what would you buy" . The more I think about it, I'm sure I would have a Harley. It's all I thought about before Victory. But I listen to all (and I mean ALL) my hd friends and their issues with their bikes, their hd shop keeping their bikes way too long , charging them way too much, issues out on the road putting a black eye on the road trip. I just turn the key and she lights up and I twist the throttle and she goes. There really isn't another good choice for me if Victory didn't exist, maybe Indian because I believe in Polaris built reliability. I too am excited for the next generation Vision and I believe there will be one. Sometimes I get comments but I shut them up when we talk odometer reading (mine and Varyders) and lack of issues. One of my friends asked me if I didn't like Harley (he thought my Vision was a yamaha! so first I straightened him out on that ) I said yes I like harley and I told him ever so delicately that I just didn't believe they would hold up to the sheer mileage requirements without needing work. He agreed and he owns hd! He said I'd have to replace this and that . I don't have time , money , or the mechanical experience to own hd. The most complicated thing I have had to do to my 2008 Vision with almost 80K is replace burned out bulbs. She's never seen the inside of a repair shop except for tires. For me , it's all about cost of ownership. 223,000 + miles on 2 Victory Motorcycles!

Edited by jimtom 2014-05-15 4:56 AM
jimtom
Posted 2014-05-15 4:58 AM (#156323 - in reply to #156321)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
btw, thanks for this thread Chris. I think facebook victory pages (of which I am a member) is hurting the activity of this forum and the VMC.
varyder
Posted 2014-05-15 5:18 AM (#156326 - in reply to #156297)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I have my take on things, but I guess, so does everyone else. Things always move in waves from one thing to another. The problem only exist when we think we liked the old way better. For an example, I stopped to lend a hand to a young 1%er who already had help on the way. His 2000something Harley didn't like the wet weather and it stopped on him. He told me, "I guess I need to upgrade." It didn't hit me until later, "upgrade". The roots of bikers were founded in just getting a bike to run just to be able to ride. Upgrade, I'm not sure what that means anymore except facing where you are today and what is your tomorrow.
new vic rider
Posted 2014-05-15 5:27 AM (#156328 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Shelbyville, IL United States
Man I wish I had the luck you guys have had with your visions. 9000 miles in 8 months and been in the shop 4 times. There now with a headlight issue. I love the bike. Best bike I have owned. They were thinking of me when they built the Vision lol. I have owned 6 other bikes in my life and none of them ever went to the shop besides to put itres on. I hope when the light issue is fixed it will be the last problem I have. Man I love riding this bike !
DWL
Posted 2014-05-15 6:53 AM (#156329 - in reply to #156304)

Pops - 2014-05-14 6:08 PM

I just voted with my bill-fold. Victory Vision is it. King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.

Happy, happy, happy!
i did the same but my wife got jealous so i have to wait for her to fall asleep before i say good night to my vision
Jimbo62
Posted 2014-05-15 8:55 PM (#156378 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
new vic rider, once you get past all these wrinkles, you will be glad you made the decision to get the Vision.
new vic rider
Posted 2014-05-15 9:08 PM (#156379 - in reply to #156378)

Cruiser

Shelbyville, IL United States
Jimbo62 - 2014-05-15 8:55 PM

new vic rider, once you get past all these wrinkles, you will be glad you made the decision to get the Vision.
I am glad now. Just ready to ride instead of waiting for it to get out of the shop.
varyder
Posted 2014-05-16 10:04 AM (#156409 - in reply to #156297)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It took it me a little while to figure out I don't need to always take my bike to the dealer for everything. Sometimes, in your case, it paid off to find the wire and replace the mess they found. It's just frustrating not being able to ride that makes the wait seem like a lifetime.
taz456
Posted 2014-05-18 12:08 PM (#156459 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
For me, I knew that this was the right bike for me when I saw the first review in a cycle magazine. When I saw one in person for the first time I knew I would have one someday. I had to wait 2 years but finally found a deal that my pocketbook would agree with. After my wife went for her first ride, she was sold on the ride comfort and she went to heaven when I got her the arm rests and cup holder. She has the full queen seat and loves it. My only problem is that we do so much RVing, I really haven't taken my bike on any long tours which is what it was made for. Even though I may stay local, I love this bike. I ride solo and to the lone wolf riding since I work the weekends. I am perfectly happy with my decision to purchase what I did.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-05-18 4:49 PM (#156463 - in reply to #156328)

Tourer

Central Illinois

new vic rider - 2014-05-15 5:27 AM Man I wish I had the luck you guys have had with your visions. 9000 miles in 8 months and been in the shop 4 times. There now with a headlight issue. I love the bike. Best bike I have owned. They were thinking of me when they built the Vision lol. I have owned 6 other bikes in my life and none of them ever went to the shop besides to put itres on. I hope when the light issue is fixed it will be the last problem I have. Man I love riding this bike !

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I was treated like that by my two HDs but my Victory has so far been very good to me, at a mere 12,500 miles. I did also have very good experiences with Japanese bikes in the past but wanted a big american V-twin this time.

el spanky
Posted 2014-05-18 7:45 PM (#156472 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I really enjoy my '12 VV!!! I heard this quote somewhere " There are 2 types of bikes. 1 that you like, 1 that gets your pants wet. So which one?"
Wharf_rat
Posted 2014-05-19 10:17 AM (#156486 - in reply to #156472)

Cruiser

Republic of Texas
el spanky - 2014-05-18 7:45 PM

I really enjoy my '12 VV!!! I heard this quote somewhere " There are 2 types of bikes. 1 that you like, 1 that gets your pants wet. So which one?"

Well, yesterday, I got pulled over. I decline to admit any possible violations of the law.

But the kind officer that pulled me over approached in an agitated state and rather loudly said, "What is the matter with you? Didn't you see me?! I chased you for over six miles! I clocked you at over ____mph. Do you have anything to say about that?"

Knowing I was in trouble, I told him he was probably right. And I was thinking it was such a nice day. Not too hot. Not too cold. The pipes were purring and I just let it run in the sweet spot.

He stood there, looked at me, looked at the bike. Looked at me again, looked at the bike again and said, "Nice.. I have a Harley. I'd love to be riding today. Slow down and be careful."

The stars were lined up for me...

el spanky
Posted 2014-05-19 11:29 AM (#156489 - in reply to #156486)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
That is a cool story!!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™