You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

where I stand on the Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Bashcars
Posted 2014-05-19 12:06 PM (#156494 - in reply to #156297)
Subject: Re: where I stand on the Vision

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
Your lucky day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2014-05-19 2:20 PM (#156498 - in reply to #156486)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Wharf_rat - 2014-05-19 11:17 AM el spanky - 2014-05-18 7:45 PM I really enjoy my '12 VV!!! I heard this quote somewhere " There are 2 types of bikes. 1 that you like, 1 that gets your pants wet. So which one?" Well, yesterday, I got pulled over. I decline to admit any possible violations of the law. But the kind officer that pulled me over approached in an agitated state and rather loudly said, "What is the matter with you? Didn't you see me?! I chased you for over six miles! I clocked you at over ____mph. Do you have anything to say about that?" Knowing I was in trouble, I told him he was probably right. And I was thinking it was such a nice day. Not too hot. Not too cold. The pipes were purring and I just let it run in the sweet spot. He stood there, looked at me, looked at the bike. Looked at me again, looked at the bike again and said, "Nice.. I have a Harley. I'd love to be riding today. Slow down and be careful." The stars were lined up for me...

I've got pulled three times on the Vision, and warned more times than I should.  Of the three times pulled, I was well within the frame to have gotten a ticket, but did not.  Each has a unique story, to include the warning ones.  I 'fessed up on the pull-over and was left with a verbal warning.  A couple of the "warnings" was the officer turning on the lights as though they were in pursuit, but when I complied with the limit, they turned their lights off and waited for the next "offender".  Another inexcusable time I probably would have been hauled away if he "caught me".  My guess was when he got out into heavy traffic I could see his lights, but I was already "behaving myself"  He went blowing by me in hot pursuit, but then later I caught him turning off his lights and easing off an exit.  He was probably thinking that what he was after was moving way to fast to continue the chase...   

tc3capevision
Posted 2014-05-31 10:14 PM (#157880 - in reply to #156304)

New user

, FL
Pops - 2014-05-14 7:08 PM

I just voted with my bill-fold. Victory Vision is it. King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.

Happy, happy, happy!

Thanks Pops! I've only owned my 2012 Sunset Red Vision Tour for three days, only put 400 miles on her in hot, rainy weather. I am guilty of everything you mentioned! Thanks for making me laugh out loud! My wife is still laughing! I thought about sleeping the garage... just to peek at her. Crazy, huh?! Thanks for sharing!
Iron_Horse
Posted 2014-06-01 11:26 AM (#157887 - in reply to #156304)

Puddle Jumper

Goodyear, AZ United States
Pops - 2014-05-14 4:08 PM

I just voted with my bill-fold. Victory Vision is it. King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.

Happy, happy, happy!

Glad it's not just me. I tend to check her every time I go into the garage. Just got done with a morning ride and yes, I slowed for a few store windows. This bike is ridiculously fun to ride! I just wish I could see me from the front. I love seeing a Vision coming straight at me.
whinchey
Posted 2014-06-01 11:00 PM (#157902 - in reply to #156297)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
I went looking for a bike. had been without one for 20 years. Tried HD, but at 6'4" I was looking to buy a lot of additional item to get comfortable. And the starting dollar for the full dresser was about 32K. Looked at the GW for 28K, was no good for my frame. A friend suggested the Victory. I went and fell for the KP. The salesman said he would come in Saturday and we could go riding. He took a Vision, I took the kingpin, stage 1. Spent and hour on each, it was the highway riding that make me actually take a look at the Vision. the long rides would be fun on this beast. the dealer had a new one, last year's model in the crate. The list was 28K, I paid 20K, and the 5 year warranty promo was a bonus. Been a Vision rider for almost 5 years now, bought a KP 2 years ago and sold it last weekend. I enjoy my time more on the Vision.

The dealer changed my radio, and light assembly in the first two years. I have left the bike in CA and get down once or twice a year. I wish I could ride it year round. But 8 months of my year is winter here. So I leave it there. When I need a winter break, I go take my Vision out to play.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™