You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

For those that wanted a close-up of the Mud Flap
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

wdwurker
Posted 2014-05-18 9:01 PM (#156474)
Subject: For those that wanted a close-up of the Mud Flap

Cruiser

Since I couldn't find any that didn't have a lot of bling or reference HD, I made my own from a piece of 12 x 12 x 1/4" rubber. Nothing too special. I have it bolted to my "Hitch-Doc".

(IMG_0497.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0497.jpg (66KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jimbo62
Posted 2014-05-18 9:10 PM (#156475 - in reply to #156474)
Subject: Re: For those that wanted a close-up of the Mud Flap

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
How bad was the damage when she fell over? I have the same bike. It hurt looking at the pic. Hope it was'nt too bad.
wdwurker
Posted 2014-05-18 9:20 PM (#156477 - in reply to #156474)

Cruiser

Surprisingly, not too bad.

Total parts cost was around $150. and a couple of days of my time (which is cheap) to remove everything and then put it all back together. I will be posting a short video of the repairs in the next 48 hours.

This bike just keeps on amazing me. When the bike fell over, I couldn't believe what had happened. I got it up and turned out the lights. The next day I went out to survey the damage and had to look pretty hard to find any. I could have probably left it as it was, but I'm kind of anal about things like that.
okie vision
Posted 2014-05-19 9:02 AM (#156482 - in reply to #156474)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Original Bike Spirits...........Never without it!!
willtill
Posted 2014-05-19 9:29 AM (#156483 - in reply to #156474)

Visionary

Central Maryland
So the tip-overs actually took the brunt of the impact? I was sure that your left side plastics (especially the saddlebag and upper mirror area) were obliterated.
wdwurker
Posted 2014-05-19 9:56 PM (#156516 - in reply to #156474)

Cruiser

Actually the "tip-overs" never touched the ground.

The rear saddle bag did take a hit, but buffed right out. The left fairing is where all the damage occurred. It cracked the main instrument panel support in a few places and broke off a couple of pieces.

Pretty amazing that a 900 pound bike can fall that far and only suffer minor damage. I was lucky that I didn't have anything in the way of the falling bike. I usually keep my crawler seat right where she fell. Had there been anything there, it would have been a much different story.

Here is the link to the video of the repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntxp3S69zm0&feature
Yachtman
Posted 2014-06-28 11:07 PM (#160778 - in reply to #156474)
Subject: RE: For those that wanted a close-up of the Mud Flap

Puddle Jumper

SE, FL
I came across this post while browsing and I'm a little confused about whether or not this Vision fell over in a garage or was in an accident. Are there some parts of the thread missing?
My biggest concern as someone about to buy a Vision is that the bike suffered damage from a simple fall over.
( I'm someone who turns their bike around within two parking spaces with no problems at all and I take serious pride in my slow speed abilities )
Didn't the tip over protection work to protect the saddlebags and fairing? One of the many reasons I'm looking at this bike is the protection from a easy fall over like in a driveway or gravel parking lot when we sometimes have a brain fart. My Harley has protect from and rear and has never hit the saddlebags from falling over.
Please, anyone out there reading this, please give me a true assessment on this. I'm a seriously arthritic who has had both hips and a knee replaced and my passed my ability to lift my Road King anymore. Not that I wouldn't try, but my surgeon and wife would rip me a new one. Maybe I should be looking at the Cross Country Tour.
Maybe I'm just missing something, other than the missing posts in this thread.
And please respond soon since I'm just days from purchase.
Thanks!
BumbleDB
Posted 2014-06-28 11:22 PM (#160779 - in reply to #156474)

Cruiser

The bike in this story fell off a lift that wasn't raised yet. If you look in the picture, you can see the lift.
wdwurker
Posted 2014-06-28 11:38 PM (#160780 - in reply to #160778)

Cruiser

Yachtman - 2014-06-29 12:07 AM

I came across this post while browsing and I'm a little confused about whether or not this Vision fell over in a garage or was in an accident. Are there some parts of the thread missing?
My biggest concern as someone about to buy a Vision is that the bike suffered damage from a simple fall over.
( I'm someone who turns their bike around within two parking spaces with no problems at all and I take serious pride in my slow speed abilities )
Didn't the tip over protection work to protect the saddlebags and fairing? One of the many reasons I'm looking at this bike is the protection from a easy fall over like in a driveway or gravel parking lot when we sometimes have a brain fart. My Harley has protect from and rear and has never hit the saddlebags from falling over.
Please, anyone out there reading this, please give me a true assessment on this. I'm a seriously arthritic who has had both hips and a knee replaced and my passed my ability to lift my Road King anymore. Not that I wouldn't try, but my surgeon and wife would rip me a new one. Maybe I should be looking at the Cross Country Tour.
Maybe I'm just missing something, other than the missing posts in this thread.
And please respond soon since I'm just days from purchase.
Thanks!

Rest assured that the Vision will do you right when it comes to "Tip-Over Protection" I should know, aside from the "fall-over" discussed here (which by the way only cost me around $150. and some wrenching to fix) my bike has tipped-over several times with NO signs of ever having anything more than the tires touch the ground.

Before you all start questioning my riding abilities, keep in mind that my driveway is a quarter mile long and typically loose gravel. And then there is that darn side stand...

Now go get that Vision, you won't be sorry!
Yachtman
Posted 2014-06-29 12:32 AM (#160781 - in reply to #160780)

Puddle Jumper

SE, FL
Okay then! I'm feeling much better now. I saw the lift but didn't know if fell off of it. I just thought it was a picture from a different day.
And wdwurker, my riding abilities are outstanding but there are those 'occasions'!!
Thanks for the fast reply also.
Desert Dave
Posted 2014-06-29 12:22 PM (#160792 - in reply to #156474)

Puddle Jumper

Are there other mounting options if you do not have the Hitch Doc? I like the beavertail look over the square flap.

Thanks,
D2
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-29 6:07 PM (#160798 - in reply to #156474)

Visionary

Dave you should pull your mufflers sand the hell out of them and paint them with VHT header pain. Mine looked like your and had a hole rust threw on one. Welded a patch in and painted it.
Vic is way to cheap on there exhaust system
BumbleDB
Posted 2014-06-29 10:25 PM (#160810 - in reply to #156474)

Cruiser

Hey, I just took my muffs off yesterday for rust removal and paint. Had to do the L-pipe on the left side too. It was still just surface rust at this point, but I know how exhaust will go.
Burned the paint in today.
RedRider
Posted 2014-06-30 2:54 PM (#160832 - in reply to #156474)

Visionary

When I went to pick up Anny when I bought her, her sister was in the garage, the other 10th Anniversary they sold. A deer ran out in front of the guy and he laid her down. He slid several feet on the tip-overs and the only damage was on the bottom of the tip-overs. Very impressive.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™