You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stage I Level I exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-05 4:21 PM (#15251)
Subject: Stage I Level I exhaust

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
Does anyone have a photo of this on a bike? Did the newer pipe seem to decrease the right side heat at all? How loud are these pipes? Are you satisfied with the pipes?

Just thinking that if I can decrease back pressure and then have the mixture richened, some of the heat issue will go away.

Or it could just be a good way to 'splain it to the wife so it seems essential.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Breaker
Posted 2008-08-05 4:53 PM (#15252 - in reply to #15251)
Subject: Re: Stage I Level I exhaust

Iron Butt

Western WA
I have the S1 L1 with the gatlin tips, you can see pics in my gallery.

I really don't have an issue with the heat. But I live way up north, and it just doesn't get all that hot here. Rarely over 100. Very rarely. I've ridden 95+ though, and with a little adjustment of the wings I've kept things pretty cool. Stop and go of course is different. But hey, it's a huge engine 4 inches from my leg. I expect some heat.

Hope that helps Richard.
dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-05 5:34 PM (#15255 - in reply to #15251)

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
That is helpful info. Here in central Texas we are now in a streak of 100+ days that currently is third in the record books, so every extra bit of heat is not a good thing. Today, we've got clouds from the tropical storm cooling it a bit.

How much louder than the stock pipes would you say the stage I are? I often leave at 0500 and need fairly controlled sound.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-08-05 5:34 PM (#15256 - in reply to #15251)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Just had S1L1 exhaust installed w/ my Gatlin tips and WOW now the Vis sounds like it has a 106 C.I. motor on it. Very happy w/ the sound & I perceive a little better performance. Will have it dyno'd @ 1st available chance. Stock #'s were: 83.9 hp & 101.0 ft/lbs torque. Also have installed Lloyd's breather plate.
radioteacher
Posted 2008-08-05 5:53 PM (#15257 - in reply to #15251)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I have the Stage 1 Level 2 pipes and I am very happy with the sound. With throttle control, they are neighbor friendly under 35 miles per hour. I have asked my neighbors if the bike is too loud or bothers them and they say it is no problem at all.

FYI, You can not install the Gatlin tips on the Stage 1 Level 2 pipes.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-05 6:41 PM (#15260 - in reply to #15251)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I had the Stage 1 Level 1 installed with I took delivery on the bike. It ran really well "out of the box", but after some tweaking at my 500 mile service (had it richened a bit), the acceleration in first and second gears was incredible. I agree that it now runs like a 106 should run. The sound for me is perfect; not too loud, but really throaty. My girlfriend says she can hear me coming from a couple of blocks away, but riding is fairly quiet (but then I just spent 20 years on a Harley, so anything is quieter). For some reason, it seems to be running better, and sounding deeper the more I ride. As far as the heat is concerned, as I said, I have been on a Harley for a few years, and for me, the heat is not a problem. I live in southern California, and the temperature regularly gets well over 100 degrees in the summer. The heat I feel is not much different than my Road King, and less that I expected given all the body work.

bret272
Posted 2008-08-07 11:24 AM (#15454 - in reply to #15251)

Puddle Jumper

You can see my S1. L1 in my gallery. I am very happy with them and the sound for me is perfect, not too loud but a good rumble. I put a Lloyd's on as well and found the bike's accelleration is smoother and more responsive. As far as the heat, I don't think it makes any difference. I live in Arizona and found when it's over 105 degrees, the motor heat is extreem both from stock and the S1, L1's. My Harley's pipes were louder and deeper but now that I'm flying with a radio and doing more highway driving, the pipes are just fine.
Banjo
Posted 2008-08-08 8:41 AM (#15566 - in reply to #15251)
Subject: RE: Stage I Level I exhaust

Tourer

I rode stage 1 demo couple weeks ago........on the freeway it was good ..but in town it seemed like you lost some power in the lower RPM range.......cant Victory provide a before and after dyno run with the stage 1&2 kits so we see what we gain.or lose?
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-08-08 3:06 PM (#15597 - in reply to #15566)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I'll bet Lloyd can give you actual #s for both setups.

Banjo - 2008-08-08 8:41 AM

I rode stage 1 demo couple weeks ago........on the freeway it was good ..but in town it seemed like you lost some power in the lower RPM range.......cant Victory provide a before and after dyno run with the stage 1&2 kits so we see what we gain.or lose?
dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-12 5:48 PM (#15931 - in reply to #15251)

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
I was at the dealer this past Saturday and heard a Vision with the S1L1 pipes. Nice.

Does anyone know what tip the dealer puts on the S1L1 if you don't purchase the Gatlin Guns? Does the S1L1 come with a larger terminal tip or do they cram the free flowing S1 L1 through the miniature port of the stock tips?
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-12 6:18 PM (#15935 - in reply to #15251)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I had the stage 1 level 1 pipes put on before I took delivery of the bike, so I don't have a point of reference to comment on any performance difference. I had them installed as they come out of the box, so I also can't speak about other tips. I will say that in comparing the sound with stock pipes at the dealership, the L1S1 pipes had a deeper and nicer sound than stock, but were not all that much louder (which was OK with me since the last few years have been spent riding Harleys with VERY loud pipes). However, the more I ride the bike, the deeper the sound seems to get, and the better the bike seems to perform. I had it richened a bit at my 500 mile service which really improved the performance, and seems to have only cost me a mile per gallon or so. I keep reading about how the bike's performance improves the more you ride it, and I have to say that this seems to be the case with me as well (about 2500 miles so far).

I am very happy with the S1L1 pipes so far, but again, I have not ridden anything else to compare it to.
dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-13 12:57 PM (#15989 - in reply to #15251)

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
I went to the local dealer this past Saturday and asked if they could richen the mixture. They said the only thing that can be done is the remap after the pipes are changed. Is there something they are missing? I'd like to richen the mix with the stock pipes and see what effect that has, but they tell me it can't be done.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-13 1:14 PM (#15991 - in reply to #15251)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
The dealer is correct. As it was told to me, the stock setup can't be changed. You need to have whatever module (Llyod's?) they put on the bike with the pipes (sorry for my lack of mechanical knowledge here). Once on, you can adjust the mixture. I had it readjusted at the 500 mile service to run a bit richer, and the bikes performance increased appreciably, especially acceleration in first and second gear. The heat from the engine that everyone talks about was no different however.
dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-13 2:05 PM (#15997 - in reply to #15251)

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
Thanks, Wizard. That's actually helpful information. Except the case I was building about decreased heat with the new pipes may not fly now with my spousal unit. I really expected as much, though, regarding the heat.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-25 7:30 PM (#16928 - in reply to #15251)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
When i read about the STAGE 1 Level 1 Exhausr "kit" it says it comes with the pipes, air filter and mapping. How does it come with the mapping? Does it include something to tell the dealer to install the map for free? Im just very foggy how this all works. and then i get confused about how the Fuel management devices you can install yourself for the vision. What i mean is, if the remapping from victory is correct why would you need to purchase a aftermarket product to "correct" the A/F ratio?
Rebel
Posted 2008-08-26 10:05 AM (#16967 - in reply to #16928)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Arkainzeye - 2008-08-25 7:30 PM

When i read about the STAGE 1 Level 1 Exhausr "kit" it says it comes with the pipes, air filter and mapping. How does it come with the mapping? Does it include something to tell the dealer to install the map for free?

Basically.. yes. The price you pay for the Stage 1 kits includes the cost for the dealer to remap your computer for the extra air flow. Most every dealer I've seen will also do the install of the pipes, etc., for the price of the kit. But I'm sure this varies.

...and then i get confused about how the Fuel management devices you can install yourself for the vision. What i mean is, if the remapping from victory is correct why would you need to purchase a aftermarket product to "correct" the A/F ratio?
As with any vehicle manufacturer, the mapping of your A/F ratio, power curves, etc., etc., is a compomise of a lot of conditions for a lot of different drivers/riders. Products like the VFC from Lloyd allow you to get a little better tweak to suit your own personal desires. Most importantly, they don't require a laptop and the Digital Wrench software to do it.

Edited by Rebel 2008-08-26 10:05 AM
Mazman99
Posted 2008-08-26 2:05 PM (#16974 - in reply to #15251)

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
Rebel,

I have some for sale. I left you a private e-mail if you are interested.

Edited by Mazman99 2008-08-26 2:05 PM
dollarbillwi
Posted 2008-08-26 2:35 PM (#16976 - in reply to #16974)

Cruiser

West Bend, WI
Mazman99 - 2008-08-26 1:05 PM

Rebel,

I have some for sale. I left you a private e-mail if you are interested.

How do you like the Level 2 versus the Level 1?
Mazman99
Posted 2008-08-26 4:28 PM (#16978 - in reply to #16976)

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
It is all a matter of preference. The Level 1s are louder than the level 2s. It is not obnoxious or anything. I just preferred the level 2s once I heard them.

Look up a thread I started about 6-8 weeks ago here. Page 22 in the General Topics has the Comparison S1L1 VS S1L2. It described in more detail what I heard the differences to be.

Edited by Mazman99 2008-08-26 4:39 PM
rmclarty
Posted 2008-09-04 10:12 PM (#17546 - in reply to #16928)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
Arkainzeye - 2008-08-25 6:30 PM

When i read about the STAGE 1 Level 1 Exhausr "kit" it says it comes with the pipes, air filter and mapping. How does it come with the mapping? Does it include something to tell the dealer to install the map for free? Im just very foggy how this all works. and then i get confused about how the Fuel management devices you can install yourself for the vision. What i mean is, if the remapping from victory is correct why would you need to purchase a aftermarket product to "correct" the A/F ratio?

There is a physical MAP Flash Card that contains a number on it that the dealer has to use to Re-Map the bike. They quoted me anywhere from $100.00 to $150.00 just for the flash card.

Richard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™