You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Future '09 Vision Owners
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2007-10-27 10:15 PM (#1232)
Subject: Future '09 Vision Owners

Visionary

Memphis

These are the ramblings of a broken man.

Many of you out there are waiting for next years Vision while they "get the bugs out" of the '08's. I hope you know what you are getting into. If you are a previous Victory owner and know the secret handshake, you will probably have a wonderful experience. For those of you that haven't been initiated into the Victory family yet, here are a few pointers:

You will need the mental toughness of a Navy SEAL. Victory has perfected the art of mental torture to the point that it is now being implemented at Guantanamo Bay.

- You will be led to believe that your bike will be shipped on a certain date. You will believe this because you want to believe it. What you believe has nothing to do with reality. The more you believe the more you will be tortured. The torture will be your fault because you chose to believe.

- The next level of torture will involve an actual ship date. You will believe this because you chose to believe that the bike actually left the factory on the date that they showed you. You will be tortured.

- The final level will be a call that your bike has actually been delivered to the dealer. You will believe this because you trust your dealer. You will arrive at the dealership only to find that "Ooops" the bike they called about was not your bike but another one. "Ha! Got you again!" Your fault. Suffer.

- Throughout each level of torture, you will be told nothing official. The best you can hope for is a vague e-mail that explains nothing except that the company is experiencing delays. (This will arrive after your proposed ship date has been slid, twice.) The e-mail will be signed by Captain Obvious.

- You will watch good people, just like you, crumble before your eyes. You will watch battle hardened veterans reduced to a shell of their former self. (Poor soul, he chose to believe.)

- You will watch people who have never seen a Vision before walk right into a dealership and drive off on one months before you get yours. The fact that you have had a deposit down for eight months has nothing to do with it. They owe you nothing. It's all part of the torture.

- You will order the top-of-the-line version and believe that it will have everything on it that they promised. Drip, drip, drip.

- You think that '09 will be better. Believe what you want.

I will eventually be riding an '08 Vision and I will love it. However, along the way my expectations have been reduced to ashes. They win. It's always going to be like this. If you don't have the toughness to endure the torture, take the easy way out. Go buy a Harley.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-27 10:33 PM (#1234 - in reply to #1232)
Subject: RE: Future '09 Vision Owners

Tourer

So what's the problem?

Let's see if I can be any help to those of you who are still waiting.
Guys waiting for their Vision are like the woman waiting to give birth, once the delivery is done the pain is so quickly forgotten.

O.K. I know my analogy sucks.............. until delivery.

C'mon guys, at least it's closer than it was 3 weeks ago.

The bike is worth the wait! But for your sake's , I'm sorry they're not here yet.

Edited by tralphaz 2007-10-27 10:33 PM
Spock
Posted 2007-10-27 11:04 PM (#1235 - in reply to #1232)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
Tom, you must have led a sheltered life. I have made so many purchases in my life where there were delays in getting the product or service or where the functionality or features of the final product changed I lost count. These products have ranged from new homes, home remodeling, automobiles, farm equipment, computer software, computer systems, consumer electronics, studio mixing boards, and a electronic keyboard.

I am currently waiting for a new Dell tablet PC notebook computer they are coming out with that I was supposed to have this month but now looks like the end of January and it looks like some of the features it was supposed to have are not going to make the final product.

I am a product manager in the technology industry and due to things outside of my control I have not been able to make some product release dates or make planned production volumes. Most of the issues I have had have been related to suppliers and outsourcers. It would be nice if the companies would communicate and keep their customers updated but many public companies feel it is better not to communicate based on experiences where admission of an issue hurt their stock much more than just keeping tight lipped. Private companies usually have a different view on this.

I would like to be riding my Vision now also but it will be worth the wait. BTW the grass is not greener on the Harley side of the hill. They have numerous issues also and when they do they don't communicate with their dealers or customers any better.

SongFan
Posted 2007-10-27 11:20 PM (#1236 - in reply to #1232)

Visionary

Memphis

Craig,

I have led a sheltered life and nothing in my 49 charmed years has prepared me for this.

I know all about the Harley problems, that's why I want no part of it.

I just can't believe it has to be this way. I'm so naive. Seriously.

I admire you guys that deal with stuff like this on a daily basis and don't go absolutely bonkers.

Thanks for the support. I know it will be worth it but like I said, I'm just beat down right now. This is my rant and for you guys that want to counter every point I have made, have at it. Drown me out.

Spock
Posted 2007-10-27 11:55 PM (#1237 - in reply to #1232)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
Hang in there Tom. You will be riding that Vision before you know it and once you have it you will forget about the wait. I believe the experiences and enjoyment you will have on the Vision will last a lifetime.
SongFan
Posted 2007-10-28 12:10 AM (#1238 - in reply to #1232)

Visionary

Memphis

Thanks guys.

This has nothing to do with the coolest bike on the planet. It is all about the process.

I still believe. I can't help it.

Edited by SongFan 2007-10-28 12:19 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-29 11:22 AM (#1254 - in reply to #1232)
Subject: Re: Future '09 Vision Owners

Visionary

Brighton, TN
SongFan, what is the latest the dealer has told you. I went in there on Friday asking about a few items to buy and was told they haven't received anything. I am still surprised to find that the silver one is still sitting there. There was also a fella in there from somewhere in Arkansas, that kept looking over the silver one but found out he had already ordered one over in Arkansas. He as really curious about the CB. Didn't talk to him much though.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-29 12:23 PM (#1256 - in reply to #1232)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
why do you mock us? we must band together, tie the headband tight, pull the knife from our boot and low crawl to the next victim. oh ye with saged advice, let me wait in the manner in which we all wait, with hate, malice and discontent! don't tell me it's like any other pain but my own agony. your flowery pish posh, means nothing to me. i will hate everything that walks the earth, until i have my vision under my butt. once my tookus is about 28 inches off the ground, feet on some oversized floor boards, and my "pack" trying to talk to me over my ZZ Top playing on the radio (which mysteriously keeps getting turned up) i will cover my path with slow deliberate movements of death and distruction. the wait sucks, they got me by my short hairs, and im not squirming! yank those puppies, i won't break! muuuuuuaaaaHHHH. by the way, the coffee is good this morning!
SongFan
Posted 2007-10-29 1:40 PM (#1260 - in reply to #1232)

Visionary

Memphis

Hey Po,

After I got all pumped up about the shipping date of last Wednesday, I called Brantley on Saturday after work (about 2:00). "Hey Brantley. I have an offer to go ride with some guys this afternoon. Should I go ride or do I have to make other plans?" He sounded kind of bummed and said "Go ride." I asked "Any word from your end?" "Yeah, your bike hasn't even left the factory yet." I was stunned. "But I thought is was on the truck last Wednesday." "It was. Apparently the trucks got called back or never even left. I don't know if it's a shipping issue or a supplier issue. They're not saying much. It's still looking like mid-November." I sat in stunned silence. Finally he said "Go ride. I'll call you the minute I hear anything." ....."OK, thanks."

I went for the ride. Later that night I started watching the World Series on tv with the laptop in my lap and it all kind of hit me. I had been reviewing all of the stuff that guys had been going through on this forum and a compilation of the entire process just blew up in my head. I had the meltdown and posted this thread. It was actually very cleansing. When I say that my expectations have been reduce to ashes, I mean it. You could tell me my bike was burned up in the SoCal fires and I wouldn't even shrug. Victory has set the standard for false starts and lack of communication. I can't even think of what situation in my life would come in second.

I pride myself on having realistic expectations based on the situation. I bought an early model Maytag Neptune washer and dryer set about nine years ago and knew I was taking a chance on the new high efficiency, front loader design and technology. I had a 10 year old Kenmore set that ran perfectly but my wife was doing 4-6 loads of laundry a day and the high spin feature of the Neptune washer would cut her drying time in half. We gave the Kenmores away to a pair of newlyweds who were just getting on their feet. My parents had Maytags that lasted over 30 years and it was nice that I could finally afford the best. Of all the things I could buy, this would revolutionize my wife's life more than anything else. Through it all, there was a little voice in my head that said "This is brand new, cover your bases." So I bought a 5-year warranty. The pump on the washing machine went out three times in five years. Every time it went down, it took 3-5 days to get fixed. (6 loads X 5 days at $3/load at a laundrymat, X 3 occurrences...you do the math.) I got the same repair man each time and asked "What's the deal with this motor?" He said it was a design problem with the motor itself and they couldn't upgrade it. They have since redesigned the Neptune with a different motor, but it doesn't fit the old model. This model will always have the bad motors. Needless to say, the day my warranty had expired and the motor went out again, I hauled the Neptunes out to the curb and they were gone within an hour. I went to Best Buy and bought a set of LG's and they have run like Swiss watches everyday for four years. Through the whole Maytag ordeal I never lost a wink of sleep. I knew I was taking a chance and when it didn't go like I had hoped, I dealt with the inconvenience and moved on. So I never buy a Maytag again, no big deal. There's lots of good companies out there worthy of my money.

I am a Toyota/Honda guy. My wife begged me for a Suburban because we had five kids who were getting too big for a minivan. I finally caved and ended up getting a super deal on a '03 GMC Yukon XL. ($14,000 under sticker. The "bait" vehicle on the lot.) It was the first American car I had owned since my '67 Mustang Fastback in college. Needless to say, I got the extended warranty. Two transmissions, a stereo amp, and one alternator later I'm truckin along fat, dumb and happy. (The gauge cluster just went out last week. Out of warranty.) I knew what to expect. The only thing that has worn out on my other cars and trucks has been the battery.

I said early on when I joined this forum that I was breaking every rule in the book with the Vision. This was a huge leap of faith for me but I trusted my gut because I really respect how Victory is pushing the envelope coupled with the J. D Powers ratings. Plus, I'm really drawn to the Victory riders that I have come across. I really like them. I honestly believe in the product but this buying experience with no communication is Victory's dirty little secret and I never saw it coming. This post is to educate people on what could possibly happen to them. Every single thing mentioned in the opening thread has really occurred. I don't want to see anyone else blindsided because from what I'm hearing, it's par for the course. Now that I know that Victory never wants to be like Costco, I know what to expect and my expectations will adjust accordingly.

Oh yeah. To answer your question: "Mid-November." It's all good.

Edited by SongFan 2007-10-29 1:42 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-29 2:09 PM (#1261 - in reply to #1232)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i have many experiences as you do. my last big purchases.....2003 eglide....boom! 2003 caravan, boom! i've bought the eglide 3x's over in maintenance and engine rebuild. guess everyone besides me knew about a cam that will fry at 30k miles. hmmm about the time my warrenty ended. the mini van has had 3 trannys. i keep buying american because i am. the expectation is old fashion, and honest. i will never learn. now the vision. im numb, but better since this site became available! i can't imagine going thru this thinking my dealer was screwing me over, and everyone else is getting the bike of their dreams while i get taken advantage of, yet again. thanks for the site!
Viking
Posted 2007-10-29 2:11 PM (#1262 - in reply to #1232)

Puddle Jumper

Hysterically and sadly true!!!

SongFan - 2007-10-27 10:15 PM

These are the ramblings of a broken man.

Many of you out there are waiting for next years Vision while they "get the bugs out" of the '08's. I hope you know what you are getting into. If you are a previous Victory owner and know the secret handshake, you will probably have a wonderful experience. For those of you that haven't been initiated into the Victory family yet, here are a few pointers:

You will need the mental toughness of a Navy SEAL. Victory has perfected the art of mental torture to the point that it is now being implemented at Guantanamo Bay.

- You will be led to believe that your bike will be shipped on a certain date. You will believe this because you want to believe it. What you believe has nothing to do with reality. The more you believe the more you will be tortured. The torture will be your fault because you chose to believe.

- The next level of torture will involve an actual ship date. You will believe this because you chose to believe that the bike actually left the factory on the date that they showed you. You will be tortured.

- The final level will be a call that your bike has actually been delivered to the dealer. You will believe this because you trust your dealer. You will arrive at the dealership only to find that "Ooops" the bike they called about was not your bike but another one. "Ha! Got you again!" Your fault. Suffer.

- Throughout each level of torture, you will be told nothing official. The best you can hope for is a vague e-mail that explains nothing except that the company is experiencing delays. (This will arrive after your proposed ship date has been slid, twice.) The e-mail will be signed by Captain Obvious.

- You will watch good people, just like you, crumble before your eyes. You will watch battle hardened veterans reduced to a shell of their former self. (Poor soul, he chose to believe.)

- You will watch people who have never seen a Vision before walk right into a dealership and drive off on one months before you get yours. The fact that you have had a deposit down for eight months has nothing to do with it. They owe you nothing. It's all part of the torture.

- You will order the top-of-the-line version and believe that it will have everything on it that they promised. Drip, drip, drip.

- You think that '09 will be better. Believe what you want.

I will eventually be riding an '08 Vision and I will love it. However, along the way my expectations have been reduced to ashes. They win. It's always going to be like this. If you don't have the toughness to endure the torture, take the easy way out. Go buy a Harley.

TimS
Posted 2007-10-29 2:16 PM (#1263 - in reply to #1260)

Iron Butt

SongFan - 2007-10-29 1:40 PM

....Oh yeah. To answer your question: "Mid-November." It's all good.

My SoCal dealer told me this weekend that Victory is to resume shipments "Mid-November" and that they should arrive the "End-of-November".

Fall is gone, winter is coming, then 2008 ... I'm not holding my breath anymore. A GL1800 maybe in my near future.

Edited by TimS 2007-10-29 2:17 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-29 2:38 PM (#1264 - in reply to #1232)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
BLASPHAMY! TimS, i will give you a temporary sanity plea. think of this like taking an MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) dump. it hurts like heck, tears at your star fish, and bleeds after passing. the dump itself has to be shot thru it's pulsing heart to be considered truly dead. but what a relief when that 1lb brick of death is out of your guts! ok that was harsh....it's like wearing a thong to your 30th High School reunion, it feels terrible, and you want to scratch but dare not, because you have no "coverage", but when you get home after a long night of sweating and rug cutting, and take it off, you feel like a real man! Eww, that was weird. It's like waiting for your old lady to get frisky after a bout of severe PMS. You can't ask or force the issue due to risk of death or bodily harm, but once she sreams her last shrill of name calling and hatred for the existance of all things male has past, it's truly the sweetest grape on the vine. like my pop used to say "don't horse it son"! all things that are good, is worth waiting for. all things promissed that are good, are worth REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-29 2:40 PM (#1265 - in reply to #1232)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
im sorry gents, im going to see the doctor now. i think ive finally kicked the squirl in the nuts
HAVNFN
Posted 2007-10-29 4:19 PM (#1268 - in reply to #1232)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
I can't say " everything will be fine or I fell your pain", I can say, it will be worth the wait!! The weather is bringing a close to my riding season. I hope, geographically, you still have time. It's the best thing out there right now. Don't think HD you'll be forever sorry. The only thing I think about HD is how much will I lose when I sell it!
ez chair
Posted 2007-10-29 8:53 PM (#1274 - in reply to #1232)

Cruiser

Maine
yes, its definately worth the wait! Mine was delayed two weeks. My first ride erased all the memories of waiting. Now I am waiting for all the accessories. My dealer has not received his model year order. Many,many backorders are delaying shipment. I heard Victory does not ship until 50% is fillable. Can't wait for stage 1 pipes!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-29 9:03 PM (#1277 - in reply to #1232)

Visionary

So Cal
I'll bet the aftermarket beats them to the punch.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™