You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Multiple Items on the audio break-in circuit
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

RotnRat
Posted 2008-08-13 10:43 AM (#15973)
Subject: Multiple Items on the audio break-in circuit

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
This weekend I mounted my GPS, XM radio, and Radar detector, I wired both my GPS and my radar detector through the audio wire that cuts the radio when a signal is present. The radar detector is fine and always has plenty of volume, I actually have to turn it's volume down to the lowest setting so it doesn't blast me out of the seat when it goes off, but the GPS is barely audible if I have the audio jack for the radar detector plugged in, if I don't then the GPS is plenty loud enough and works as designed.

I am wondering if any one knows of a simple isolation circuit I can use to separate the 2 so I can run them both without loosing volume like this. I know if it where a simple 12 volt signal I could just stick a diode in line and isolate them, but since analog audio is basically an AC signal, that isn't going to work.

Dose anybody have any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
golph_boy
Posted 2008-08-13 11:52 AM (#15982 - in reply to #15973)
Subject: RE: Multiple Items on the audio break-in circuit

Airdrie AB
read this :

http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/linesum.html

you may be able to buy a cheap unit as well .. look for Audio Mixer or Audio Combiner..

here's one

http://www.wmjmarine.com/pirmsc02.html

Edited by golph_boy 2008-08-13 12:07 PM
radioteacher
Posted 2008-08-13 6:10 PM (#16014 - in reply to #15973)
Subject: Re: Multiple Items on the audio break-in circuit

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
RotnRat,

Are you talking about using the monophonic circuit that is for the GPS for all of the units above?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-13 8:04 PM (#16027 - in reply to #15973)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
This is of No help. but i have to wonder what would happen if your gps was to warn you of a upcoming turn at the sametime your radar detector chimed in.. I know nothing bad would happen. but i was just wondering what that would be like. lol
RotnRat
Posted 2008-08-13 10:52 PM (#16050 - in reply to #16014)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
radioteacher - 2008-08-13 5:10 PM

RotnRat,

Are you talking about using the monophonic circuit that is for the GPS for all of the units above?

Just for the radar detector and GPS, I have the XM Roady plugged into the AUX channel of the radio.

Right now I can use either separate but if I have them both connected then the radar detector is loud enough but the GPS is barely audible. As a side note, I have the circuit to the radar detector running to its earphone jack, I wasn't sure weather it was stereo or mono (thinking its a mono jack though) and all that radio shack had in stock for a 1/16th plug was a stereo one. I soldered the wire to both contacts on the plug to make sure it would be making contact when it was plugged in

Edited by RotnRat 2008-08-13 11:06 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™