You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CB radio feedback help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

bigdogtx
Posted 2014-05-23 9:43 PM (#157669)
Subject: CB radio feedback help

Cruiser

Just had the CB/Icom installed for trip to CO. First time of use we had to use the PTT buttons and not much problem. Want more VOX like the Goldwing and owners manual said to lower VOX. Did so and the PTT was still needed but we were getting feedback and it got worse with each transmission to where it was a fax machine whine. Raised VOX back up and still have the problem.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Travelin Man
Posted 2014-05-26 9:01 PM (#157729 - in reply to #157669)
Subject: Re: CB radio feedback help

Iron Butt

I also have the Victory CB on my Vision and I also came from riding a Goldwing.

Use ONLY the VOX for the intercom, use the PTT to transmit on the CB. You need to adjust the VOX setting individually for the rider and passenger and can only do so if there is a headset plugged into each port. The higher the number on the setting the LESS sensitive the mic is to sound for activation. The problem with the noise, which I have also had, seems to come from connections directly to the CB that are loose. Check to make sure that the antenna is tight and that the plugs into the wiring harnesses are secure.
bigdogtx
Posted 2014-05-29 10:09 PM (#157822 - in reply to #157669)
Subject: Re: CB radio feedback help

Cruiser

The VOX shows only setting for. I only did this with one headset connected. Does that make the difference? Antenna is secure. Will check connections. Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™