You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Replacing the front sprocket
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Hippo
Posted 2014-05-26 3:28 PM (#157716)
Subject: Replacing the front sprocket

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont

I got a rip in my belt and was advised to replace my sprockets with the belt since I have over 50k on my 10th Anniversary.   Okay, no problem, right?

Okay, I have it all apart and am to the stage where I need to remove the front sprocket nut.  Of course, I do not have a tool that is that big so a couple questions:

1) What size is that sprocket nut and what tool should I use to take it off and put it back on?  It looks like about 50mm

2) It says to torque to 244nm  - hmm...more than my torque wrench will handle - so I need a bigger torque wrench, too?

3) oh yeah, it says to remove the timing wheel in the front timing case but for the life of me, I cannot get that nut to loosen, either.   I did take a ⅝  bar to stick into the hole to lock the shaft and I think that will do to remove the sprocket nut but any advice on this one?

Thanks!

Hippo

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kevinx
Posted 2014-05-26 5:55 PM (#157719 - in reply to #157716)
Subject: Re: Replacing the front sprocket

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Socket is 1"7/8. I don't replace the sprocket with belt. That's just crazy. Vic says to do it for liability purposes. Up to you.....
Not sure what timing wheel you are talking about
Hippo
Posted 2014-05-26 8:00 PM (#157725 - in reply to #157716)

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
Thanks Kevin,

The timing wheel is behind the timing cover on the right side. I already bought the front sprocket so I guess I am gonna get that 1 ⅞ socket and try to get it replaced.

don
kevinx
Posted 2014-05-26 8:27 PM (#157727 - in reply to #157716)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
That's what I thought you were referring to, but. The 13mm bolt it not that tight. I also have no idea why they would ask you to remove it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™