You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I'm done bashing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2007-10-30 11:29 PM (#1319)
Subject: I'm done bashing

Visionary

Memphis

Let me start by saying how sorry I am for calling Tom Tiller and Mark Blackwell out in this forum. It was uncalled for and undeserved.

Tom was a rising star at GE and, at the age of 43, left there to take over a company that needed some help. He was smart enough to recognize that Polaris had a lot of positive attributes and the revenue per employee was twice that of it's competitors. It had great products, very little debt, but just seemed to be running a little flat. He came in with a sense of direction and focus and over the span of seven years (1997-2004) the stock value in the company rose 400%. He has an MBA from Harvard and more business sense in his pinky finger than I will ever have. In 2003 he was named Powersports Business "Executive of the Year". The fact that he left GE (and all of the associated international travel it entailed) to settle in with a company based out of Medina, Minnesota tells me that he is probably a hell of a family guy too.

Mark is best known for his racing background. He is the essence of the term "motorcyclist". As a kid, he was a flat track, TT and scramble racer. Because of Mark's racing passion as a kid, his dad decided to learn how to race at the age of 40. Mark credits this common bond (motorcycles) with his dad as the outlet that kept him from getting into trouble as a kid. A Motorcycle Hall of Famer, he was the first winner of the AMA 500cc Motocross Championship (1971) among many others. During the mid 70's, his racing days wound down and he began to ramp up his business background. While teaching a Suzuki riding school and consulting for numerous race-related companies by day, he went to night school to earn his MBA. He left Suzuki, went to work for Husqvarna, back to Suzuki. Arctic Cat approached him in 1992 and asked him to help them launch a line of ATV's. (Up until then, they had been a snowmobile company.) From 1992 to 2000, Arctic Cat grew from $150 million/annual sales to $500 million. He came on board with Victory in 2000 and in 2005 was named Vice President of Victory Motorcycles and International Sales.

Every company these guys have worked for got better. Not just a little better, significantly better. Under Tom's leadership, the R & D center in Wyoming, MN came into existence. This state of the art facility was created with one goal in mind; Attract the best and brightest engineers and designers available to Polaris/Victory. The job applicant to position available ratio was about 100-1. This facility, along with the laid back, wide open, family oriented lifestyle of Minnesota attracted guys like Mike Song, Greg Brew and all of the other long ball hitters that create our dream machines.

Without the leadership and forward thinking of guys like Tom Tiller and Mark Blackwell, projects like the Vision would never get made, the envelope would never get pushed, and America would continue it's slide into world class mediocrity.

I'm not worthy to tie these guys shoes.

Sincerely,

Tom Warren

Top of the page Bottom of the page
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 9:55 AM (#1323 - in reply to #1319)
Subject: Re: I'm done bashing

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
songfan....i think keeping it in and letting it eat me up inside is awesome!
lowtone9
Posted 2007-10-31 10:05 AM (#1324 - in reply to #1319)
Subject: RE: I'm done bashing

Cruiser

A corporate groupie, uh..ok. Listen Songfan, those guys are just greedy parasites. If the people they work for get anything done it`s in spite of them, not because of them.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 10:14 AM (#1329 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
"SNAP" son! i heard that from one of the younger Marines...sounds cool, i think it fit here.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-31 10:25 AM (#1330 - in reply to #1319)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yes, festering and oozing is way better. I really don't understand what the real problem is with people in general. So what if you rant and rave like a lunatic. Buckeye, MIGHT agree here, the joy of a free country is the ability to speak your mind without any consequences or having to look over your shoulder. I dare anyone here that has issue with the amount of bashing, soapbox, screaming, complaining, etc to go to any third world country and attempt to really get on someones bad side that has money or power and see what happens to them. I have been overseas, personally been to Mexico and seen first hand where a guy got in a fight with a Politicians favorite Hooker and wound up in the POKEY, that very evening. The ship was scheduled to leave the next morning. Guess what we were delayed with the Captain in full dress going down to the Jail and pleading the case to let the guy out. A couple of thousand dollars later and he was let go. If no cash, he no let go. It did not matter to them whether or not the guy or the captain was US Navy. The almighty dollar is the trump card.
Sure some folks can get a little long in the tooth typing away, so just attempt to keep it over on the Soapbox thread. If you are unable to, then there are folks like me who will chime in and comment anyway. Most of the crap folks put on forum boards, in general, are merely thoughts running through their head, and would not likely speak in person, just to protect the other persons sanity or feelings. So to speak or type here, who cares, it should be a way to vent and ramble.
If a person has a legitimate problem or question, maybe try not to ramble or exert to much peer pressure and give the best thought or advice you may have be it good or bad.
TO ME, IT IS LIKE TYPING IN CAPS, WHO CARES, IS THIS BAD FORUM ETIQUETTE, JUST BECAUSE I CHOOSE NOT TO USE A SHIFT KEY OR BECAUSE MAYBE I LIKE HAVING THE CHOICE TO TYPE IN ALL UPPER CASE. AM I SCREAMING, NO I AM TYPING, BE OFFENDED HOWEVER, YOU SO PARTICULARLY WOULD LIKE TO BE OFFENDED. ME ON THE OTHER HAND, LIKE BUCKEYE, WILL TRY TO KEEP LAUGHING AND POKING FUN AT EACH OTHER, AT LEAST UNTIL HE GETS HIS VISION AND TRADES OFF HIS GERBIL, I MEAN HOG.
HAPPY TRAILS EVERY STORY HAS TWO SIDES NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. SURE I CAN UPGRADE MY OWN THOUGHT PROCESS OR THE WAY I TREAT PEOPLE OR GIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE, CHOICE IS MINE. SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER TO BE QUIET AND WAIT THAN TRY AND PLEASE EVERY ONE. MAYBE THAT IS THE WAY POLARIS EXEC'S HAVE DECIDED TO HANDLE IT. KUDOS TO THEM, THEIR CHOICE.
NOTE THE WORD CHOICE.
THANK GOD I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE I HAVE A CHOICE AND THE ABILITY TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY BY CHOICE. WOULDN'T TRADE THE GOOD OLE USA FOR ALL THE OIL ANYWHERE.
CHOICE
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 11:24 AM (#1336 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollolittle, why are you yelling?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 11:30 AM (#1337 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i had to,,,,that was to easy to let go. i like typing in lower case, makes it like im whispering. can you hear me? HOW ABOUT NOW?
nope, reads like letters and words. some appear bigger than others. My feet smell like flowers. I love wearing a tie! It's cool when my skivvies ride up my right leg and i just leave it like that for hours. Don't pick it! How does anyone get poked in the eye? Don't they see it coming?
DesertJim
Posted 2007-10-31 12:43 PM (#1344 - in reply to #1337)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Buckeye and Pollo -- I hope you guys will have CB's on your Visions so you can banter back in forth on the road! Keep it up, gives me some fun when I am not on my new Vision- Perfect today in AZ 85 degrees and calm - Could AZ be the location for the first Vision Riders Rally??

BTW Poll you are about 100 posts behind Buckeye!!

Edited by DesertJim 2007-10-31 12:44 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 12:57 PM (#1349 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i can do this all DAY LONG! plus my A.D.D and PTSD make me loose concentra..
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 12:58 PM (#1350 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
what was that? i got go we. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SongFan
Posted 2007-10-31 1:27 PM (#1355 - in reply to #1319)

Visionary

Memphis
We have the right to remain silent.  Just not the ability.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-10-31 2:04 PM (#1359 - in reply to #1355)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
[img]http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5f0c49ddac.jpg[/img]
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 2:09 PM (#1360 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
yup, you made the same mistake i did.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-31 2:28 PM (#1361 - in reply to #1319)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
DesertJim, I prefer to text and send pics via phone while riding, instead of CB's. Far too complicated to push a button and talk. I am kinda concerned that since you have a Vision you hang out here, unless of course you also have that three letter word that funds your fun. I am unable to keep up with the caffeinated, coffee induced Buckeye on posts. His motor is revved up far higher than mine. I am more low torgue, he seems to be a high revvvvvvveeeerrr.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-31 2:59 PM (#1366 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
its ok...the only reason i don't mind my wife riding with me is because i can't hear her babble. yappitty-yap-yap. why on Gods green earth would you promote that kind of tourture during your "riding" time. i have people talking in my head already, don't need an unwanted high pitch squeel piped directly into my brain housing.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-10-31 6:51 PM (#1375 - in reply to #1319)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Keep it going, I miss the entertainment, Buckeye, your last post here was 11:59, and pollo, 11:28, start a new thread maybe?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-01 2:30 AM (#1392 - in reply to #1319)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Gents, i will have to up the ante. I work midnights this month (so I can watch my daughters school sports) and will not be on the rapid reply team. Oh, make no mistake, I will probably start answering my own posts thru the night. im already seeing weird stuff out of the corner of my eye, and I think I was drooling earlier. I shot gunned 5 cups of java, so i could kick the sand man in the change purse.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™