You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

O2 sensors
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Tom13
Posted 2014-06-19 12:26 PM (#158458)
Subject: O2 sensors

Cruiser

Just a heads up to those that unplug your O2 sensors. I did this on recommendations because of my motor stalling out or better words running out of gas when running in traffic throttling off. This motor runs so lean that it starves itself right out of gas. I ran my motor this way for around 2000 miles before getting my mods and dyno tune by Rylan at TVS. Well the mods are unbelievable and am very happy with how they turned out. But after about five hundred miles I developed a problem where the motor was cutting out starting at between 1800 and 2000 RPM gradually getting worse to 2400 RPM. The problem getting worse by the mile also developed a large amount of backfiring on deceleration, so loud at times it sounded like a gun shot. Well I had some time and decided to check out the plug wires and pulled the plugs. What I found was the problem, the wires from the coil were full of a yellowish white powder so I cleaned them up with denatured alcohol and a Q-tip then pulled the plugs and found both of them pretty much fouled out. I cleaned them up reinstalled them and my problem was cured minimal to no backfire and smooth running at all RPMs. At first I was bumming out that something more was going on but after finding this problem it occurred to me that running with O2 sensors disconnected it did solve the stalling out problem but created another after some miles accrued. So if this is something that you happen to encounter, I hope this helps you find a possible easy solution to the this type of situation. Running after correcting this fouling out problem I believe there is a noticeable increase in power and am looking forward to better mileage numbers. Hope this helps some of my VV brothers and sisters that may run across this situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-06-19 3:55 PM (#158465 - in reply to #158458)
Subject: Re: O2 sensors

Visionary

Central Maryland
Sounds to me that your "tuning" wasn't "quite right" in the first place. After leaving Rylan's.

It wasn't the O2's. The corrosion that you saw in the plug wires has nothing to do with the O2 sensors.

Dielectric grease should be used with the plug wire(s), it's normally used in the spark plug boot(s), but not on the coil end of things. I have the same corrosion that you had observed, and probably many others have it as well. They just don't know it. Yet.

Edited by willtill 2014-06-19 4:01 PM
Tom13
Posted 2014-06-19 4:38 PM (#158466 - in reply to #158465)

Cruiser

willtill - 2014-06-19 3:55 PM

Sounds to me that your "tuning" wasn't "quite right" in the first place. After leaving Rylan's.

It wasn't the O2's. The corrosion that you saw in the plug wires has nothing to do with the O2 sensors.

Dielectric grease should be used with the plug wire(s), it's normally used in the spark plug boot(s), but not on the coil end of things. I have the same corrosion that you had observed, and probably many others have it as well. They just don't know it. Yet.

Time will tell about your thoughts concerning the tuning, the dielectric grease was there and replaced. The way it looked it was a lot more than one month to get to where it was. This bike had a stage one already done at the dealer when I picked it up as a demo with 2000 miles on it. Unplugging the O2 sensors helped the stalling by making it run richer and probably to rich. All I know is this is what I found and if others run across the same situation they can do this little thing to correct the problem not point fingers and blame before every angle has been tested. If this problem returns I already have been in contact with Rylan to make some new maps.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-19 5:32 PM (#158469 - in reply to #158458)

Visionary

if you need plug wire go to Vic's accessories catalog. There way cheaper then buy stock ones for 60 bucks each.

You should see where your getting corrosion in the wires.

There are probably 9 out of 10 Vic's running with 02's un hooked
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™