You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Brake rub
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-08-17 6:40 PM (#16308)
Subject: Brake rub

Visionary

I noticed this afternoon that when I bank the vision into a turn, particularly left the rotors are rubbing and make an audible noise. I kind of suspected the brakes were rubbing since they have overheated and made a sound almost like a honk when they do. The overheating is most obvious at lower in-town traffic situation speeds as is the rubbing in turns.
Has anyone else experienced this???
I'll be talking with my delaer tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-08-18 9:19 AM (#16365 - in reply to #16308)
Subject: RE: Brake rub

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
Mine is in for service right now. I suspect a warped rotor, it sounds like a warped rotor and gets louder after iding for 10 to 15 minutes. I am also having level 1 stage 2 exhaust installed while it is there.
Teach
Posted 2008-08-18 5:53 PM (#16425 - in reply to #16308)
Subject: Re: Brake rub

Visionary

roadstarcape, yep I have an appointment to get mine in on Wednesday and I suspect you are right about rotor warp, thanks... T
Diablo
Posted 2008-08-18 6:21 PM (#16430 - in reply to #16308)

Puddle Jumper

Aurora Colorado
I have the same problem with mine as well. The big problem is that I can't get into the dealer for service until 9-11-08. They are backed up.
Teach
Posted 2008-08-21 10:03 PM (#16647 - in reply to #16308)

Visionary

They bled the brakes which seems to have fixed the front rubbing sound. They also found the shock bushing bad which they believe is the source of the noise in the rear. Parts are on order and I'll let you all know.
divesharc
Posted 2008-08-26 12:03 AM (#16961 - in reply to #16308)

Cruiser

VA
I thinkt that is the sound that I am getting. The first trip I took with the wife riding with me I noticed this sound as we got off teh freeway. it seems like I hear it most, probably because of the decreased noise, when I am going slower and when I have a passenger, and when it is warmer outside. It almost sounds like stessing metal. I thought it might be the brakes rubbing on the rotor, but now I feel more confident of that. Back to the dealer hopefully to get some goodies, I'll see if they can look at it. Glad someone else posted this, I thought I was hearing things.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™