You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cruise Control
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-01 8:46 AM (#1399)
Subject: Cruise Control

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
The one thing I have yet to test and experience is the cruise control. May times on the Harley, not yet on the Vision. Several hundred miles of back road two lanes. Any pros? Cons?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Newfie
Posted 2007-11-01 10:12 AM (#1405 - in reply to #1399)
Subject: RE: Cruise Control

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
On my demo rides the cruise control worked flawlessly. It was a bit awkward at first trying to reach the buttons on the left side of the switch pod but that will just take a little getting used to. The accelerate/decelerate buttons worked well with a single touch of the buttons increasing/decreasing your speed by about 2 Mph. A quick touch on the brakes and the system automatically disengages the cruise. All in all I thought it worked just as well as the cruise in a car. Hope this helps.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-01 11:57 AM (#1410 - in reply to #1399)
Subject: Re: Cruise Control

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
It initiates immediately, unlike the 2-3 second lag on our Goldwings.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-01 2:50 PM (#1421 - in reply to #1399)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Love the cruise control use it daily on my two lane commute to work. It is about a 25 mile stretch of road, I just set it and go. It has a little bit of speed up then down ten up then down, but it is minute. It is not annoying at all. Primarily on flat ground or slight grades dead on, just larger hills. I don't have a problem with it all reaching the buttons or adjusting it. It is perfect for me. I have tried all the ways to see if it will disengage and all of them work. Pull in on the clutch, hit either brake pedal and it immediately disengages. Twist the throttle to speed up and it will go right back to where it was. Twist the throttle to slow down and it disengages.
HAVNFN, see I still see MOTORCYCLES, and can speak somewhat intelligently about them, pat myself on the back.
HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-01 2:56 PM (#1422 - in reply to #1399)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
I know when I get to engage it, it will act as it's supposed to. I just needed a little reassurance as we all do from time to time. And Pollolittle, I never doubted your abilities, just sometimes we need to focus. Ride on.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-01 3:03 PM (#1423 - in reply to #1399)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Focus, Focus, Focus, Focus, Query away and will respond accordingly. Sometimes you just can't help it. I still don't know what a SEEG is. If the wife won't let you ride it without her, then it will be cold on a few mornings on that jackpot without that fairing and big ole windshield. Luckily my wifely unit doesn't mind me riding.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-02 3:43 AM (#1472 - in reply to #1399)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
cruise control, that will be a whole new experience for me. difficult to get use to? I have a long stretch of road to work, but im always adjusting speeds. i'm wondering the difference in wind deflectors also. my e glide has a broad bat wing. wow, wifey unit? just saying..
Could you take some pix from the seat, looking at the dash? Maybe pop the panels? I can't get our pea brain around how that looks.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-02 7:40 AM (#1475 - in reply to #1399)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Does that broad bat wing go in front or behind? Pics? HMMMM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-06 8:41 AM (#1584 - in reply to #1399)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
depends on which person i let drive. the mean, crazy, PTSD Buckeye doesn't give a crap where the wing is. The calm, laid back Buckeye has the "bat wing" in front, and the old bat on back. He treats both with respect.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-06 8:41 AM (#1585 - in reply to #1399)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
sometimes.....
Miles
Posted 2007-11-06 3:14 PM (#1600 - in reply to #1399)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
I wish I had tested the cruise control on my test ride, but from what I hear, it does as it should. It's not a "throttle lock" but an actual cruise control. I use a BrakeAway on my V92C and love it, but don't usually put it on for very long. There is always a slight up or down to the road, and it's just a throttle lock. I use it mostly to give my wrist a break or if I need to adjust a vent on my jacket or something like that. Just click it on, and then click it off. I would assume I would use the one on the Vision the same way, but it would maintain the speed even if the terrain changes. That will be nice.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-06 3:21 PM (#1601 - in reply to #1600)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Yes, the cruise control works very well.  It does indeed maintain a constant speed, wherever you set it.  Sometimes it tends to surge a little bit while going uphill, but that may be because I might should have been in a lower gear.  Two clicks and you're good to go (1 - turn on the CC; 2 - push Set).  The three rocker switches have six settings - On/Off, Resume/Accel, Set/Decel.  One click of the Accel or Decel gives one or two mph change.

My other bike has a Vista throttle lock on it.  I really like it as well, but the Vision cruise control is smoother.  Of course, all I had to do with the lock was a quick flip of the thumb to lock it, so in that regard it is a bit more convenient.

pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 9:51 PM (#1622 - in reply to #1399)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Not sure how it could be any more convenient I use my thumb to set the CC. Spot on for speed control. I am not normally going 60 when I shift to 6th gear, so that may be part of my surging issue. Otherwise, no adjustments just set and ride. I can pull in on clutch, tap any brake and roll the throttle back and it disengages, how cool. Just my opinion of course.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 2:31 AM (#1651 - in reply to #1399)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
all the gizmos....i can't wait. but then again, i have to.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™