You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Winter Project
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-01 8:49 AM (#1400)
Subject: Winter Project

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
Living in growing zone 6, the riding season is getting shorter. Time to think about the winter lay up and things to be done to the Vision. I have some thoughts. Anybody already have plans in place?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RHK
Posted 2007-11-01 1:50 PM (#1413 - in reply to #1400)
Subject: RE: Winter Project

Puddle Jumper

MN
Being in Minnesota I already plan to start the teardown next week. All anodized aluminum will be color matched (Black). I'm thinking about painting the fork black also. I'm also considering the going with the chrome grill if the bike is too black after the color match. Then the next step may be some custom paint similar to Cory's Vision. Being a black bike the finger prints from closing the saddle bags show up and maybe the paint will hide them.

HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-01 2:02 PM (#1416 - in reply to #1400)
Subject: Re: Winter Project

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
The growing season is done, I hope the riding season lasts longer than next week. Maybe Victory planned to get the first visions to places where they could be ridden? I am considering black and not chrome. Then I want chrome. I'm conflicted! I have so much chrome on the other bikes and it's labor intensive to keep clean and I only ride clean I figure maybe black, ....or chrome. I'm confused. I do know I need the back rest for "she" and stage 1 . By the way, the cherry shows fingerprints and smudges badly also. Maybe the silver is the only color that can pull that off. That's why all our cars are silver.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-01 2:13 PM (#1418 - in reply to #1400)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Unless there is snow, don't you guys ride. I have ridden the bike in 40 degree weather sofar and no problems. I was thinking of getting a taller windshield and the lower wind gaurds. Then, I thought about, getting a local place or make it myself, a windshield that would be a little wider and taller. It seems with all of that you would be able to ride quite a few degrees south of the 40 degree mark.
HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-01 2:24 PM (#1419 - in reply to #1400)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
Pollolittle, I hear you. I've not a problem, especially now with the heated grips and seat. The problem is with "she who can't be angered." If she's not going, nobody's going. That gives me opportunities for Jackpot riding. But you know how New England weather is, if you don't like it, wait an hour, it will change.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-01 4:06 PM (#1426 - in reply to #1400)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
85 degrees today - November forecast is it will average 78 degrees - December will be really chilly average of only 70 - I'll probably need a light jacket soon!
Miles
Posted 2007-11-01 5:26 PM (#1440 - in reply to #1400)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
45 Degrees is my "threshold" level. Heated gloves do wonders. Of course won't need the gloves with a Vision, but that's a ways off. I don't buy "new" bikes as a general rule.
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-01 8:26 PM (#1450 - in reply to #1400)

Visionary

Memphis

My record on the Concours is 28 degrees. (22 mile commute to work.) I learned how to dress for the cold from a motorcycle cop. If there's no ice, I'll be out on the Vision. I scare myself imagining heated grips/seats, no wind chill factor.

Unless there's an ice storm in Memphis, I don't know when I'd get off of it long enough to put mods/paint on it.

RHK
Posted 2007-11-01 9:06 PM (#1455 - in reply to #1400)

Puddle Jumper

MN
I've been going to work with the temperature in the mid 30's and I am amazed how comfortable the heated seat and grips are. The only part that is cold is my lower legs with the wind blowing up them. If I put chaps or my rain pant on I could ride a lot longer but the thought of ice scares me. Tonight the weatherman said our average November snow fall is 10".
Joe H
Posted 2007-11-01 9:14 PM (#1456 - in reply to #1400)

Cruiser

Eyota, MN
RHK where are you located in MN, I'm east of Rochester about 12 miles. About 10 degrees is my limit on the Kingpin, maybe I'll have to get snow tires for the vision, if I ever get it!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-02 3:01 AM (#1469 - in reply to #1400)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
wow, 23 degrees here. i did a cross country in January from San Diego to Florida in 2006 (my 2nd of 3 trips across this land) That was on a HD eglide. Of course everytime i went cross country i broke down, so with the vision i hope to make it with only having to gas up. All 3 trips, prior to departure, I put the bike into the shop for long trip maintenance. At least it was consistant and broke down everytime. I can't wait to cruise on an American Made quality machine! Should be riding it next month....maybe
ez chair
Posted 2007-11-02 8:59 PM (#1496 - in reply to #1400)

Cruiser

Maine
Be careful Buckeye, The boys in blue have a devise now that shuts down your electronics. Wouldn't want you to think your Vision broke down. I don't think they have used it on an E-glide they just follow it for a mile, same results!
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-03 1:20 AM (#1500 - in reply to #1496)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

ez chair - 2007-11-02 7:59 PM Be careful Buckeye, The boys in blue have a devise now that shuts down your electronics.

I used to do that to VW Beetles in the mid-70s... with my CB radio.  I would pull up beside one at a stoplight, key up my mike, and it would shut down the engine of the Bug.  Priceless!

HAVNFN
Posted 2007-11-03 9:55 AM (#1502 - in reply to #1400)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
Been looking at the front access panel. Doesn't seem to take much to make it black. If that's not the look, chrome could be the answer. Today it's 44 degrees with 40mph gusts. Can't even rake leaves!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™