You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Trailers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Fluffy
Posted 2008-08-20 2:23 AM (#16545)
Subject: Trailers

Puddle Jumper

south of Houston, TX
Anyone have a trailer, or pulls a trailer on a Vision yet? If so how does the bike handle?

Fluffy..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-08-20 3:19 AM (#16547 - in reply to #16545)
Subject: RE: Trailers

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Check out Praxman's post about towing with a Vision:

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1502&posts=1&start=1

Travelin Man
Posted 2008-08-20 7:21 AM (#16548 - in reply to #16545)
Subject: Re: Trailers

Iron Butt

<p>I've towed my Bushtec Turbo II with my Vision. I even towed it empty (except for having a spare tire in it) which Bushtec recommends against and I have had absolutely no problems. The trailer is solid and stable right behind the bike, no swaying even when empty which is unusual for any trailer, although my Turbo II is an older '95 one with the shorter tongue and that may have something to do with it. As far as the handling of the bike, other than the need to roll more on the throttle on starting out and slightly longer (but not that much longer) stopping distances you won't even know that you have a trailer back there. This is of course providing you have a trailer with a heim joint coupler such as a Bushtec or any regular ball coupler combined with a swivel tongue where either will allow the bike to lean as far over as necessary for going through corner. I went thru Deals Gap, the road with 318 curves in 11 miles, with my 1800 Goldwing towing my old Moriah trailer that didn't have a swivel tongue and the guys behind me got a real show as while going thru the tight curves where you have to really lean the bike the ball coupler would reach the point where it would lock up and try to stop the bike from leaning any further, so I when I force the bike over at that point, the trailer tire on the outside of the curve would come off the ground. At one point the guys riding behind me thought I was going to flip the trailer on it's side because I had one wheel so much off the road.</p>

Edited by Travelin' Man 2008-08-20 7:22 AM
Web Mobile
Posted 2008-08-20 8:59 AM (#16550 - in reply to #16545)

Cruiser

Island Lake, Alberta, Canada
My experience, on a ball type hitch, a swivel hitch on the trailer is a must. Prefer bearinged to bushinged, can then set preload.
Just my 2/100 of a Can. buck.
Chow
Tramp
Posted 2008-08-20 9:11 AM (#16551 - in reply to #16545)

Cruiser

We just got back from the AVR and pulled our Bushtec out and back (1200 miles each way) with no problems. I don't know much about other brands of trailers, but I'm really happy with Bushtec products. The Vision and trailer handled well on interstate and back roads.
Fluffy
Posted 2008-08-20 6:57 PM (#16567 - in reply to #16551)

Puddle Jumper

south of Houston, TX
Thanks all for the info and words.. now to save the cash for the bike, hitch, trailer, and all them extras... got to pay off credit card to put more on it

thanks again
Fluffy
exharleyrider
Posted 2008-08-20 7:11 PM (#16568 - in reply to #16545)
Subject: Re: Trailers

Cruiser

Hit me up when you decide to buy. i have a cyclemate cm100 i used behind the harley. no hitch now so no need for the trailer. ditto the others on the trailering. you can forget it is there. none of the issues you might expect, wind, drag etc. i used a bal lhitch with no swivel and had no issues but never tried the dragon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™