You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Chrome Inner Fairing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

misterclean911
Posted 2008-08-20 7:38 PM (#16571)
Subject: Chrome Inner Fairing

Puddle Jumper

shelbyville tennessee
I just ordered the chrome inner fairing and the chrome side covers, Can someone tell me how much trouble they are to install? it looks like the bolts would be hard to get to on the inner fairing, and the person i got these from does not have the instructions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vtwin17
Posted 2008-08-20 8:54 PM (#16574 - in reply to #16571)
Subject: RE: Chrome Inner Fairing

Cruiser

Northern RI
Read instructions carefully. You have to take just about the whole front fairing apart. Took me 3-4 hours, being very careful not to scratch panels.
misterclean911
Posted 2008-08-20 9:32 PM (#16577 - in reply to #16571)
Subject: Re: Chrome Inner Fairing

Puddle Jumper

shelbyville tennessee
I want get the instructions with the parts, can someone copy them and send them to my email? misterclean911@charter.net
ez chair
Posted 2008-08-20 9:36 PM (#16578 - in reply to #16571)
Subject: RE: Chrome Inner Fairing

Cruiser

Maine
don't tackle without directions!!!!!!! lots to take off. 4 hours is a good estimate on the time
dwhite28
Posted 2008-08-20 10:51 PM (#16589 - in reply to #16571)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
I am a Victory Tech and had the bike on a full table lift when i did all the work. I would hate to do it on the side stand or even on a short lift. But you can do it with a little patience. I would highly suggest a quality ratchet style wrench, a 10 mm to be more exact. Just make sure you have all the required hand tools for the job. Nothing more aggravating than finding out you dont have the tool and then having to make two or three trips down to the NAPA store.
jwblanton
Posted 2008-08-20 11:21 PM (#16593 - in reply to #16571)

New user

http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=57973&posts=...

I just took mine apart for paint, same process as installing chrome. You need a torx head for the small wind deflectors, 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm Allen, and a 10mm socket with extension to keep the ratchet away from paint.
BTW, it was a bitch..If I knew exactly what to do still would be 3-5hrs. Lots of info here in the TECH forum.
tom
Posted 2008-08-21 6:44 PM (#16627 - in reply to #16571)

Cruiser

the tech that said buy a 10mm racheting end wrench was 100 percent right go buy one for this job,with that wrench you can remove them in an hour no problem.i got mine at a true value hard ware store for 10 dollars,its like a socket but thin and flat to get into the fairing with out having to bend the panels etc. tom
BillyTheKidd
Posted 2008-08-27 9:16 PM (#17067 - in reply to #16571)

Cruiser

Denver
Just put the chrome inners on my Vic. It wasn't too bad. It would have helped to have the instructions or the Shop manual I ordered but hasn't arrived yet but overall just a lot of parts to take off. About 3 hours and some words I haven't used since the USMC days. Anyways...

Willy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™