You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Aftermarket heated grips?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bigwill5150
Posted 2008-08-20 10:11 PM (#16583)
Subject: Aftermarket heated grips?

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Hey all,
Has anyone here successfully replaced their heated handgrips with a set of heated aftermarket ones? I'm looking to get rid of these and replace them. I had some iso grips with a mated throttle rocker on my last bike and they were fantastic! If not, does anyone happen to know the inside diameter of the stock hand grips?
Any input is appreciated!
-Will
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mkultra
Posted 2008-08-21 9:30 AM (#16597 - in reply to #16583)
Subject: Re: Aftermarket heated grips?

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I also had the Kury Iso grips and have inquired as to whether or not Kury would make either a heated grip, or a clam shell to go over the existing stock grip and the reply was....we have no intention at this time to produce one. I am now working with different thicknesses of leather to wrap the existing grips just to get a larger diameter grip. I do miss the throttle boss but when i am satisfied with the diameter i will get one of the "Cramp Busters" to go over the leather.

mike v
elvis441
Posted 2008-08-21 9:46 AM (#16598 - in reply to #16583)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Has anyone tried to see if the Kury clamshell grips for the goldwing fit the vision?
SailinBiker
Posted 2008-08-21 11:41 AM (#16603 - in reply to #16597)

Puddle Jumper

Murphy, Texas
For my K1200LT I used some Grip Puppies. They are UV-resistant foam slip-ons that go over the stock grip. They provide a wider diameter, and the heated grips still work fine. I bought them here .
mkultra
Posted 2008-08-21 2:19 PM (#16609 - in reply to #16583)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Goldwing Kury Clamshells do not fit the Vision...drat........

mike v
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-08-21 7:40 PM (#16633 - in reply to #16583)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I'll just have to wait until I get to civilization and mic the grip diameter. I was thinking that the vision non-heated grips were on the same shelf as the other Victory bike grips. I should be able to find a suitable substitute and bolt them on with minimal wiring. The wiring on the console switch is kinda "scabbed" in OEM anyway. They used a few push-connectors instead of using a real harness on that switch, which I don't understand because the switch mating is exactly the same as the others with harnesses. Anyway, should make it convenient to throw an aftermarket set on provided the wattage jives.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™