You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

For those with preorders.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

tralphaz
Posted 2007-11-01 3:42 PM (#1424)
Subject: For those with preorders.

Tourer

I was originally informed that preorders would be delivered in the same order they in which they were reserved so I'm curious as to how far out of order things have gotten.
"Quote" this to post a response and place yourself in order of your preorder .

Changed to Reserved Bike delivered date or still waiting
tralphaz Sat, 2 Jun 2007 Oct 13. 2007
Top of the page Bottom of the page
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-01 4:06 PM (#1425 - in reply to #1424)
Subject: Re: For those with preorders.

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
My online reservation at the Victory website was 5/21/07. You had to pick a dealership at that time.
Obviously, I picked the closest, 1 state & 30-40 minutes away. I took the email to that dealership.
He took my deposit, and said I was the 4th & last deposit he could take. He didn't know anything
about the online reservation. I was the first Vision he received. That was about 9/19/07. He has
not recevied another since.

Herb
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 4:06 PM (#1427 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I just went through my receipts and I preordered my Vision on Feb. 24th 2007. One of the first orders...
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-01 4:09 PM (#1428 - in reply to #1427)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
You couldn't preorder until the program was in place from Victory. That did not happen till May 17th. If you ordered in Feb....it meant nothing till your dealer got the order into the system after that date.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 4:09 PM (#1429 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Oh... and I am still waiting.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 4:10 PM (#1430 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
It meant something to me when I paid $1000.00.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-01 4:20 PM (#1434 - in reply to #1429)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
luzzy - 2007-11-01 4:09 PM
it meant nothing till your dealer got the order into the system after that date.

okthenbye - 2007-11-01 4:09 PM

I'll bet you didn't get put into the reservation list in May. I don't think the
dealerships knew about it. They are busier doing day to day things, and
selling their other manufacturers bikes. I was web browsing all I could
about the Vision after the wife exclaimed "that is our next bike". At the
Victory site I noticed a little button that read "reserve your today". I'll
bet Victory sent the dealerships notices about the reservation process,
but who likes to read?

Edited by g1nomad 2007-11-01 4:23 PM
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-01 4:30 PM (#1436 - in reply to #1434)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
g1nomad - 2007-11-01 4:20 PM

luzzy - 2007-11-01 4:09 PM
it meant nothing till your dealer got the order into the system after that date.

okthenbye - 2007-11-01 4:09 PM

I'll bet you didn't get put into the reservation list in May. I don't think the
dealerships knew about it. They are busier doing day to day things, and
selling their other manufacturers bikes. I was web browsing all I could
about the Vision after the wife exclaimed "that is our next bike". At the
Victory site I noticed a little button that read "reserve your today". I'll
bet Victory sent the dealerships notices about the reservation process,
but who likes to read?

Mine was put in THAT day. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer. Been going to them since 2000. I got a email from them that day that my bike went to "reserved" status. My ship date originally was 8/29. It shipped a little less than a month later. I think you are correct though about alot of dealers not staying on top of things. Zack's is a Victory/American Ironhorse dealer and they stay on top of Victory things. Both of the dealers I use , including Rollin Fast(Victory/Aprilia) got their first Visions in Sept. They reserved bikes the first day they could.

Edited by luzzy 2007-11-01 4:33 PM
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 4:41 PM (#1437 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I ran into the same thing. I just don't remember exactly what date I completed the preorder on line. It had to be soon after it was posted though because I have visited Victory's website regularly after ordering it to see the progress. I also remember wondering why my dealer didn't make me aware of the need. However when registering they had to verify the deposits and dates with the dealers and then send the reservation numbers out. As far as I am concerned my deposit was my reservation.
Miles
Posted 2007-11-01 4:50 PM (#1438 - in reply to #1424)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
I have limited experience with Victory "communications" with dealers, but essentially, unless your dealer is an "online" kinda bloke, they are not "out" of the loop, but rather far "behind" the loop. I know more than a couple of dealers that if it doesn't come across the fax machine or isn't handed to the person in charge in person.... it could take weeks before they find out about it. I know dealers who have email accounts that answer them within a day, and others who have someone print out the emails once a week and sometimes they'll actually get looked at.

This is in no way a slam to Victory, but the success or failure of the brand (sales AND service) for a dealer rests TOTALLY on the shoulders of that dealer.

As has been mentioned in other threads, Victory is aware of the frustration, but at the same time, Victory's customers are DEALERS. The Dealer's customers are people like you and I. The only real difference between a Dealer and us, is a Dealer gets a big credit line. Ok, it's more than that... but to beat the point into the ground... we don't buy bikes from Victory, we buy them from independent Dealers who choose to sell the brand. It's pretty much on them to stay on top of things if they want to create a good business for themselves.

So the bottom line... some dealers like Luzzy's are johny (or jane)-on-the-spot and get all the orders in the first day it's available. Another dealer, fills out the forms he gets in the mail a week later, and another week or two later mails them in, and another week later they get on the same list (a lot further down) than Luzzy's dealer. At least that is my take on it.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-01 5:14 PM (#1439 - in reply to #1424)

Visionary

So Cal
Put my order/deposit in June 2007. Only choice was Tour or Street. Vision web side was updated to standard, comfort, premium. Called my dealer and specified black premium tour. Got email confirmation directly from Victory of reserved status 07/06/2007. Still have the email.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 5:41 PM (#1442 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I received my email confirmation in June. None the less I am dealing with Arlen Ness, one of Victory's premier dealers. I expected much more.
TimS
Posted 2007-11-01 7:37 PM (#1444 - in reply to #1424)
Subject: RE: For those with preorders.

Iron Butt

My reciept is dated for 3/25/2007 for a deposit of $1,000.

No bike or confirmed ship date yet.
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-01 7:43 PM (#1447 - in reply to #1444)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
TimS - 2007-11-01 7:37 PM

Tim,

What date did your dealer reserve your bike from Victory. That's the key date...mine was 5/17-my dealer confirmed my bike as reserved via email. I'm certain that was the first day you could officially do that.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 8:28 PM (#1451 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
So you are saying Victory is going to ignore the deposits that were made before their online registration posted? Is that their way of copping out on their obligation to the early deposit customers? What's the point of a deposit then...
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-11-01 8:46 PM (#1454 - in reply to #1424)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
We didn't pay our deposits to Victory but to our dealers. They in turn reserved (or not) the specified Vision. I believe my dealer took my $1000 deposit in good faith but had no clue as to how to reserve the actual bike. IMHO my dealer screwed up & I'm really tired of their excuses. Nice enough fellows but this is ridiculous. Luke

Edited by blwtf150 2007-11-01 8:53 PM
TimS
Posted 2007-11-01 11:28 PM (#1464 - in reply to #1447)

Iron Butt

luzzy - 2007-11-01 7:43 PM

TimS - 2007-11-01 7:37 PM

Tim,

What date did your dealer reserve your bike from Victory....

I searched my email history and found this email from polarisind.com on 5/19, but my deposit was made 2 months earlier.

"Congratulations, the status of your Victory Vision™ reservation has been changed to RESERVED. See the details of this specific reservation below. Reserved Victory Vision motorcycles will begin arriving at dealerships in the fall of 2007.

Your dealer will be contacting you in the near future regarding your order. If you have additional questions, please contact your dealer.

Model: VISION TOUR
Color: SUPER STEEL GRAY
..."

Tim

Edited by TimS 2007-11-01 11:31 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-02 2:40 AM (#1467 - in reply to #1424)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Hey finger pointers! We will be receiving our bikes once they figure out the issue. I have print outs that my bike is shipping since 28 aug. i'm still waiting. Once again, Whooopty Fricken Doo. We vent, we pat each other on the back, "good shower, see you in the game" What?
But we don't point the fingers....those are used for nose picking, butt scratching and eye gouging. I would like to know the reasons why, and I believe a supplier issue is week and not specific. My short hairs are twisted up in Victory's tallons. I could either go get a yearly supply of tissue (with aloe) like I have, or vent on this site. What could be worse than a broken promiss? not knowing why,,,then again, sometimes it's better to not know. Maybe the people who already got their bikes will be infected and the sacks will fall off. Just saying.
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-02 9:38 AM (#1485 - in reply to #1424)

Visionary

Memphis
Sounds like you guys with pre-orders for the Spring '08 batch need to stay on top of your dealers and find out when your deposit actually becomes Reserved.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-06 4:28 AM (#1570 - in reply to #1424)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
bike was paid off around 4 sept. or so. we twitch, therefore we are.
wrr1home
Posted 2007-11-06 7:13 PM (#1607 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Made my Online Reservation 5/24.
Deposit with dealer 5/29.
Victory showed reserved 7/13.
August 15, given a ship date of 10/10.
10/12 given ship date of 10/24,
10/25 given ship date of 11/7...time will tell!

Meanwhile, still would like to sell the '99 V92C Deluxe!
ez chair
Posted 2007-11-06 8:00 PM (#1609 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Maine
When I placed my deposit, my dealer brought up the web sight and changed the statis of my bike right there and then before my eyes. had my email from Victory that evening. Did have a one month delay from first ship date. Most likely the chrome fork issue. You all should have reserve and ship dates if the reserve date doesn't agree with your deposit date thats a dealer problem. Once you have a ship date the dealer is billed for the bike when it leaves the factory that confirms its on its way. If the date gets pushed forward thats Victory's fault.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-06 8:59 PM (#1614 - in reply to #1424)

Visionary

So Cal
Reserved date confirmed 07/06/07 by email from Victory. Ship date changed 3 times. I expect higher quality now than I did a month ago. With all the delays, it better be near perfect.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-06 10:34 PM (#1639 - in reply to #1424)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I received a call from Victory today regarding the delays in shipping dates of the reserved bikes. Unfortunately they were unable to explain the delay. It seemed like they were not allowed to reveal information at this point and they said that my dealer would be informed soon. I should follow up with the dealer but they always reply that they are in the dark. At least they were considerate enough to give me a call. I had an opportunity to vent my concerns regarding the lack of communication. They did take note of my deposit date and the 4 month difference in the reservation. They were also open to the idea of online tracking of the progress of an order. I gave them an example of Mini Cooper's ordering and tracking process. Unfortunately I was not able to find out my ship date but I was impressed with the time they took to allow me to vent my feelings. I also spoke about customer loyalty and that many folks are disappointed with the poor communication. All of which was well received. I don't know if the conversation really helped but I certainly felt better. They at least understand that if someone puts a significant deposit of 1000.00 or more they deserve a better experience. The conversation ended with Victory is working hard to keep up with the demand and please keep in touch with your dealers for updates.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 2:14 AM (#1648 - in reply to #1424)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
once again, a flowery crock of hoowy. all that verbiage, no answer. thats the bottom line, and that what i hear. someone knows what deal is, and i almost think its realy bad. why keep the secret?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™