You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Poll How Far Away Is Your Victory Dealership?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-01 6:24 PM (#1443)
Subject: How Far Away Is Your Victory Dealership?

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
One of the things I don't feel good about is
the distance I am from the Dealership.
I am about 30 miles, and 1 state away
from my dealership. When I picked up
my Vision, I asked if I could leave my
Kawasaki V2K there until I returned for
my 500 Mile service. I knew that wouldn't
take but a week, and they said no
problem. I dropped the Vision off on a
Saturday. The following Saturday, I had
my wife drive me there in her SUV (better
gas milage then my truck).

One real shocker for me was that the
Vision must have a service every 2,500
miles. They consider this a touring
bike? I am going to waste a lot of gas
dropping off the bike one week, and then
returning the next week to pick it up. I
wonder if I can get a rig to pull the Vision
behind the Goldwing?

I would never have bought outside of my
local Honda-Kawasaki-Suzuki dealership,
expect the Vision looked to cool.

How far away will you be traveling for
service, or warranty work, etc.?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-01 7:38 PM (#1445 - in reply to #1443)
Subject: Re: How Far Away Is Your Victory Dealership?

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Herb,

You're going to feel better now. The dealership I bought my Vision from is 120 miles from me. There is one (closest)about 40 miles from me, but they are multi line and I just feel more comfortable going where I've been going since 2000. Zack's Vtwin in Hyde Park ,NY has been a Victory dealer since 1999. They have done custom work on my bikes from my 99 V92C to my 2006 Jackpot. Their customer service,support of the Victory community,and knowledge is first rate. They know I travel for them and it reflects in the way they do business with me.

As far as the service schedule , it's just oil changes through 15000 miles when the fork oil is scheduled. I plan on doing those myself and the inspections are easy once you know what to look for. I'm hopeful that the Vision will be like all my Victory's after my 99 -pretty much without a single problem.
Miles
Posted 2007-11-01 7:41 PM (#1446 - in reply to #1443)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
Being that you ended the question based on "How far away will you be traveling for
service, or warranty work, etc.?" I had to put in my local dealer who has an outstanding service record from what I understand. He's only about a mile down the street. I have no need since living here and I do my own wrenching anyway, but I hear it's a good place to go if I need it.
TimS
Posted 2007-11-01 7:46 PM (#1448 - in reply to #1443)
Subject: RE: How Far Away Is Your Victory Dealership?

Iron Butt

Hi Herb,

My Victory dealer is 20 miles away, the Honda dealer is 2 miles away.

Do you have any more A/B comparisons between your GL1800 and the Vision?

If you could only have 1 bike for 2 up riding, which would it be?

Thanks,
Tim

Edited by TimS 2007-11-01 7:46 PM
tralphaz
Posted 2007-11-01 8:11 PM (#1449 - in reply to #1448)

Tourer

I know I'm stirring the pot but on my 8-Ball at 5k miles I started using Amsoil and increased my oil change interval to 5k miles, I will do the same with the Vision at the 2500 miles service. Cost will be about the same per change.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-01 8:35 PM (#1453 - in reply to #1443)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
My dealer is about 60 miles away . They take Saturday appointments and I can usually wait for it. If just oil changes are the bulk of the service I can do those myself. The rest is up to the dealership.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-02 3:32 AM (#1471 - in reply to #1443)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
90+ miles here. Oil change is easy on my eglide, hoping the same for the vision. I don't know. Haven't seen one in person yet.
believe me, the 2,500 service is awesome just for an oil change. By then the "other" american bikes have run up a very costly maintenance bill, not to mention repairs that some how don't fall under warrenty. just saying. if your close, take advantage!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-02 8:01 AM (#1476 - in reply to #1443)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Mine is about 25 miles away, seems to be okay. Haven't had any service done by them, but they say they work on ANY BIKE OR ATV and at $60/hr which I thought was just about unheard of. If they do good work, then well worth it. Anybody have experience with FRS in Memphis, TN, SongFan you? I changed my oil at 500 and put Mobil 1 Synthetic in it. I don't really see the point of changing it that often. When I talked to the Polaris Engineer I had asked him about how many miles they figure a person puts on a bike, he said their rule of thumb is around 2000 I think. This would then give them about an extra 500 miles to play with and make a generalized statement to change oil at 2500 for the masses. This would put a "normal riding person changing their oil within a one year time span and only 2500 miles. So, to me personally, they did a good job of getting the owner to change their oil at least once a year if not twice. Since I am over 1800 miles on mine in 1 month and 5 days. I will be like tralphaz and go probably further than 5000 between oil changes and try around 7k to 8k. I used to be of the mind set at 3500 miles between auto changes and the more I read, I found out that a lot of it is marketing and generalizations. The "normal person" only puts about 12,000 or less miles on a vehicle per year. I however, put more like 30,000 per year. So, I am outside the norm, naw really, following the own manufacturers recommendations I can go 7500 miles between changes in my car, which once again is for the "norm". If my GMC dually 1 ton can go 10,000 to 13,000 plus between oil changes based on the oil meter and their book recommendations, and big rigs can go 20,000 to 30,000 between oil changes, I don't think I am that far off. Just trying to use a little common sense to all of this. I will go post this on another thread and Tralphaz's comments.
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-02 8:51 AM (#1481 - in reply to #1443)

Visionary

Memphis

Po,

I haven't used FRS yet (for obvious reasons) but will let them do the 500 mile checkup on my Vis. I'll walk around with Denny and find out the lube points etc. then try to keep up with it on my own as much a possible. If I ride this thing like I think I will I can't see going in every 6-8 weeks at $250/pop. They are only about 12 miles away.

g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-02 1:49 PM (#1490 - in reply to #1448)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
TimS - 2007-11-01 7:46 PM

Hi Herb,

My Victory dealer is 20 miles away, the Honda dealer is 2 miles away.

Do you have any more A/B comparisons between your GL1800 and the Vision?

If you could only have 1 bike for 2 up riding, which would it be?

Thanks,
Tim

You know, several people have asked me. I guess it should be a whole post-thread
of its own. I wished I knew all the things people would want compared. I will start
up a comparison soon. I am going to throw the Kaw V2K in there too. If you could
only afford one, you should definately get the Goldwing, but without the GPS built in,
and you'll sacrafice some comfort by choosing the Goldwing.

Herb
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-03 6:29 PM (#1509 - in reply to #1443)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
My dealer is about 10 miles away...I really need to bug them some more....-----Metalguy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™