You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2720 mounting (different)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-26 10:47 PM (#16993)
Subject: 2720 mounting (different)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted to hear some thoughts on this.. There was talks about ram mounts, and of course the vision mount. Some would say they didnt like the vision mount because of how it looked without the gps installed at all times. I was wondering about this device....

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8022

AND

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=639

The number #2 item i already have as it came with the gps i just got.

Edited by Arkainzeye 2008-08-26 10:49 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
racershawn
Posted 2008-08-26 10:53 PM (#16996 - in reply to #16993)
Subject: RE: 2720 mounting (different)

Cruiser

Hampton Va
I use the disk with a suction mount and have no problems....rain or shine
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-26 11:10 PM (#17001 - in reply to #16993)
Subject: Re: 2720 mounting (different)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Wow! really? you use the suction cup and dont have any problems.. thats amazing. if i used that disk it would be permanently installed but it wouldnt be sticking up Many inches above the console Like the vision mount. I shown a few friends some photos of the gps on the vision and then some photos of the mounting hardware withOut the gps in place. and eveyone said.. "you mean you would have that mount there all the time, even when your not using the gps?!" Right there i knew i needed to find something else.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-26 11:32 PM (#17005 - in reply to #16996)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
racershawn - 2008-08-26 10:53 PM

I use the disk with a suction mount and have no problems....rain or shine

I would like so see what you use... if you cant post photos can you post links for what you use. I ordered tonight the garmin power cable and mount. it is the mount where they say you need a 3rd party mounting system to use it. I could have only ordered the power cable as that is all i want. but everyone was out of stock for 1-2 weeks for the cable. so i had to order the mount with the cable in order for me to get it soon.... But i would like to see how your doing it..
racershawn
Posted 2008-08-26 11:42 PM (#17007 - in reply to #17005)

Cruiser

Hampton Va
there are some in the gallery under shawns vision .... but i will post more...when the GPS is not there, there is only the disk.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-08-26 11:51 PM (#17008 - in reply to #16993)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
I'm thinking it is in a perfect spot. I don't use mine everyday, but I leave it on the bike all the time. I hadn't thought of it being in the way. If I took it off, I'd likley need it and taking it off and putting it back on would just add to my preride ordeal. The Vision mount isn't condusive to fast removal. So I'd go permanent.
I have a Nuvi also and it has a mount like you show in your second link, but it also has ball and socket type that allow for a good deal of angle adjustment. The GPS unit snaps off easily and comes in handy if you want to take it with you. If I could mount that permanently, I might like that. The Nuvi has its own battery and you can take it with you if you want.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-27 7:17 PM (#17056 - in reply to #17007)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
racershawn - 2008-08-26 11:42 PM

there are some in the gallery under shawns vision .... but i will post more...when the GPS is not there, there is only the disk.

I cant locate your folder. I looked under gallery.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-27 7:19 PM (#17058 - in reply to #17008)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
rainmaker - 2008-08-26 11:51 PM

I'm thinking it is in a perfect spot. I don't use mine everyday, but I leave it on the bike all the time. I hadn't thought of it being in the way. If I took it off, I'd likley need it and taking it off and putting it back on would just add to my preride ordeal. The Vision mount isn't condusive to fast removal. So I'd go permanent.
I have a Nuvi also and it has a mount like you show in your second link, but it also has ball and socket type that allow for a good deal of angle adjustment. The GPS unit snaps off easily and comes in handy if you want to take it with you. If I could mount that permanently, I might like that. The Nuvi has its own battery and you can take it with you if you want.

I wish the 2720 had a battery, but since it doesnt i am going to (try) and use the wireharness i ordered and tap into the vision gps wiring. im not going to cut anything. just tap in..
rmclarty
Posted 2008-09-01 9:08 AM (#17336 - in reply to #16993)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
I like the look of that mount and the low profile. Plus if the adhesive ever did come off even partially - You could just goo be gone the rest and have a stock console plate with no holes. Let us know if you use it and how it works
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™