You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

IPOD Lockup / pause
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

JSP
Posted 2014-06-24 9:02 PM (#160658)
Subject: IPOD Lockup / pause

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles

So my 08 has got a new deal where I am playing music from ipod via the apple connector and it Pauses.  The display still shows the song but thats it.  I power cycle the radio and it comes back for a while and does it again.

I have unplugged the ipod and reconnected it thinking thats all that is wrong but it continues.

Anyone else seen this issue and if so what did you do.

Oh yeah its been working for over 100k

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TMOE4U
Posted 2014-06-24 9:24 PM (#160659 - in reply to #160658)
Subject: Re: IPOD Lockup / pause

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, AB Canada
I have a first generation iPod Touch that I use in my car all of the time. It does the same thing once in a while. I usually just unplug it from the cable and then plug it back in and it seems to come back. Once in a while I need to sync it with my computer to get it back going, but usually just unplugging it works.

I have not had any issues with the one in my bike.
BillyJoe
Posted 2014-06-25 5:16 AM (#160666 - in reply to #160658)

Cruiser

, AR United States
My connector does lock in anymore. I use rubber bands to hold it in place or it will come loose.
varyder
Posted 2014-06-25 5:48 AM (#160667 - in reply to #160658)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I replaced my cable once and found out it was the iPod. Went to the pawnshop and got a cheap nano and it continues to work great for about 2 years.
ljurgens
Posted 2014-06-25 7:34 AM (#160669 - in reply to #160658)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
I have an older ipod touch and mine just started doing this yesterday too! I had just removed it (mine is in the XM pocket) the day before to sycn it with the PC for new music. Maybe its just not plugged in completely...
varyder
Posted 2014-06-25 8:19 AM (#160673 - in reply to #160658)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I had the touch the first go around, that is what had the problem. Try a nano and see how that works for you. The touch plug in didn't want to work in the Vision plug after a while. I discovered this when I replaced the cable and it still didn't work. It always worked fine on the PC though.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-25 5:51 PM (#160696 - in reply to #160658)

Visionary

look on craigslist for great buys. Your will keep locking up on you think its cause it has a hard drive. You wanta 3rd gen or a 5th gen they work the best.
One of the guys here did a hole long write up about the ipod you might find it in the tech forum
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-25 5:55 PM (#160697 - in reply to #160658)

Visionary

at top of page is links click on it and scroll down to radiotech ipod its a pdf file and will tell you all you want to know
JSP
Posted 2014-06-30 8:47 PM (#160852 - in reply to #160658)

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
All good Information Thanks.
Murphy showed up at my door, and after fartn' around with it for a while and my testing I went ahead and ordered a new cable. Then it started working again.
tralphaz
Posted 2014-07-01 12:54 AM (#160857 - in reply to #160852)

Tourer

Check the cable at the connector, sometimes they wear out, I replaced 2 Nano's back to back before realizing the connector had burned pins, it caused my Ipod to fail, got a new cable and used a little dielectric grease at the connection just for good measure.
RedRider
Posted 2014-07-01 5:33 PM (#160880 - in reply to #160658)

Visionary

My stereo started acting crazy last fall. Shop/Vic determined it was the cable for the Ipod. The new cable was different than the old and had a jumper setup on it. It was replaced under the extended warranty. It acted up but different than before so I called Vic and the young lady was very nice to make an open work order at any dealer. It hasn't acted up yet so maybe she fixed it over the phone. Actually it plays songs that I never knew were on there. I only use it on the bike.
Something to look into.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™