You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Hi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Victory N Me
Posted 2014-06-27 9:56 AM (#160744)
Subject: Hi

Puddle Jumper

I am looking at a few Victorys - Jackpot, Vision and Cross Roads - all used. It will be for me and the GF occasionally. With both of us - 2-3 hour rides, with just me weekends away. Im 275 lbs and 6'4 and she is 180 lbs. any issues with weight?

Anything I should stay away from?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
47909Rider
Posted 2014-06-27 10:19 AM (#160745 - in reply to #160744)
Subject: RE: Hi

Puddle Jumper

Lafayette, IN United States
Heya,

Good news for you - Victorys do have very high GVWR's (Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings). Those three bikes you mentioned are fairly different to each other. Jackpot is more of a cruiser - bar hopper/short trip type of bike. Cross Roads is a more long distance type bike - kind of akin to a H-D Road King. Vision is a touring bike for sure. (That's what I ride.)

The Victory Cross Country (which is a Cross Roads with a fairing) and the Vision both have a high GVWR - allowing for 520 - 580 pounds of additional weight (rider, passenger, luggage).

(My wife and I are both non-small people, and this was a concern for us as well. We'd been riding a H-D Heritage, which only allows for 399 # of added weight. O_O)
Victory N Me
Posted 2014-06-27 10:27 AM (#160746 - in reply to #160745)
Subject: Re: Hi

Puddle Jumper

One of the guy here = Redd has a Vegas that looks really good - I am lookiing used, not new. I like all three but its hard to decide. The Cross Roads is a 2010 with 16k mikes for 10.500. The Vision is a 2008 with 10k miles for 9500.00. And the Jackpot there are several Im looking at. I like the Vision but it seems too big for short 1 hour runs??
47909Rider
Posted 2014-06-27 10:30 AM (#160747 - in reply to #160746)

Puddle Jumper

Heh, ride the Vision and see. I just bought mine two days ago (traded in a '11 Cross Country) and I do my short (5 miles) work commute on it, and it's fine. The Vision is very, very maneuverable.

Make sure (obviously) you have both of you be in on the test riding. The Vision's side-to-side room for the passenger isn't huge, and depending on how your lady is shaped it MAY be an issue. (My wife is around the same weight - she's comfortable but there isn't a lot of extra room. Which can be good and bad.)
Victory N Me
Posted 2014-06-27 10:58 AM (#160748 - in reply to #160744)

Puddle Jumper

Great - thank for the info and good luck with your new bike! - Why did you trade in the Cross Country?
47909Rider
Posted 2014-06-27 11:13 AM (#160749 - in reply to #160744)

Puddle Jumper

We traded it in due to comfort issues, mostly. My wife has chronic pain issues, and on the XC she wasn't able to ride much. 20 miles at most, most days - sometimes up to 40 but that's it. The Vision gives us (hopefully) a platform for longer journeys.
Victory N Me
Posted 2014-06-27 11:18 AM (#160750 - in reply to #160744)

Puddle Jumper

I see - thanks for the info!
ljurgens
Posted 2014-06-27 11:54 AM (#160752 - in reply to #160744)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
I think you'll find the jackpot is not what you are looking for. Maybe the Vegas or Kingpin.

Ride a Vision and I'm betting you will go with one.
Its just a great bike all around. It's great in the twisties and out on the road touring. My commute is about 6 miles and the Vision is great for that as well.
Victory N Me
Posted 2014-06-27 12:59 PM (#160754 - in reply to #160744)

Puddle Jumper

Ok - I am going to ride a Vision! I like the new Indians too - totally different but really nice
lstayner
Posted 2014-06-29 9:13 AM (#160788 - in reply to #160744)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I ride the Vision also. My wife had a Cross Roads until a few weeks ago. Both are excellent bikes with air ride suspension. We just finished a 2,600 mile 9 day vacation riding two up with a Uni-Go trailer. My wife didn't complain once of having a sore butt.

The Vision is a very nimble bike so don't let it's size fool you. It is just "fluffy".

I rode an Indian Chieftain yesterday and they are nice bikes. They are a lot smaller feeling and I don't think they are built with as much room as the vision. The handling was decent in slow maneuvers but I think I could run circles around it on my Vision.
Victory N Me
Posted 2014-07-01 1:21 PM (#160877 - in reply to #160788)

Puddle Jumper

lstayner - 2014-06-29 9:13 AM

I ride the Vision also. My wife had a Cross Roads until a few weeks ago. Both are excellent bikes with air ride suspension. We just finished a 2,600 mile 9 day vacation riding two up with a Uni-Go trailer. My wife didn't complain once of having a sore butt.

The Vision is a very nimble bike so don't let it's size fool you. It is just "fluffy".

I rode an Indian Chieftain yesterday and they are nice bikes. They are a lot smaller feeling and I don't think they are built with as much room as the vision. The handling was decent in slow maneuvers but I think I could run circles around it on my Vision.

Very interesting. I am down to paying up and buying a Vision or going with a KW Nomad - both used since I wont buy new anything!

I'm was tempted buy the Indian but, it's not for me.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-07-04 4:08 PM (#160954 - in reply to #160877)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Victory N Me - 2014-07-01 1:21 PM

lstayner - 2014-06-29 9:13 AM

Very interesting. I am down to paying up and buying a Vision or going with a KW Nomad - both used since I wont buy new anything!

I'm was tempted buy the Indian but, it's not for me.

Before you make a decision between the Vision or the Nomad, put your GF on with you on both bikes and ride over some rough pavement or railroad tracks.

Then tell us how much you like your "new-to-you" Vision.

Ronnie

Jimbo62
Posted 2014-07-04 10:00 PM (#160967 - in reply to #160744)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
+1
Oldman47
Posted 2014-07-05 12:14 AM (#160969 - in reply to #160747)

Tourer

Central Illinois

47909Rider - 2014-06-27 10:30 AM Heh, ride the Vision and see. I just bought mine two days ago (traded in a '11 Cross Country) and I do my short (5 miles) work commute on it, and it's fine. The Vision is very, very maneuverable. Make sure (obviously) you have both of you be in on the test riding. The Vision's side-to-side room for the passenger isn't huge, and depending on how your lady is shaped it MAY be an issue. (My wife is around the same weight - she's comfortable but there isn't a lot of extra room. Which can be good and bad.)

Be careful deciding to test ride a Vision. If you ride one you will own one is not just advertising hype, it is reality. When I took a ride on one I went back soon after for another test ride and brought along my wife. We both took the bike out for about 10 miles and by the time we returned I was ready to sign the bottom line to buy a new one.

BrandonM7
Posted 2014-07-05 10:58 AM (#160977 - in reply to #160744)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
One of the beautiful things about the Vision (among MANY) is the fact that they're under appreciated. A used Vision is the bike deal to beat right now. The fact that you can put hands on one of these bikes for $10-13k in great shape is unreal.

You think a Vision might not be great for short rides -- that's easy to assume, but it's backwards. Let me walk you through my day for reference. Jump on the Vision (2008 Tour Premium, trunk on) and ride the 10.8 miles to work in stop and go traffic on 2-lane roads. Wife calls and asks if I can pick up a decent list of groceries, plus I needed a case of beer for the garage fridge. So I zip over to the Piggly Wiggly on the way home and grab four bags of groceries, which tuck comfortably in the saddlebags. Then I bop over to the likka sto for a 30 of ML, decide to add a bottle of bourbon for grins, all fit in the trunk. Shit, now it's raining. Open the uppers and lowers, raise the windshield, head for the back roads to get home. Now the remaining 9 miles becomes 30 twisty miles in the rain, yet I get home mostly dry with everything I needed for the day. Then I happily do it again the next day.

There isn't much way a commuter bike could get better than that for my life. Maybe if I lived in a horribly congested area and had to split lanes and such I'd have a different outlook, but where I live this is the PERFECT short ride bike. It only gets better from there.

Edited by BrandonM7 2014-07-05 10:59 AM
Vladezip
Posted 2014-07-06 12:17 AM (#160998 - in reply to #160754)

Glendale, AZ United States
Victory N Me - 2014-06-27 11:59 AM

Ok - I am going to ride a Vision! I like the new Indians too - totally different but really nice

Certainly to each his own. I love the Indian fit and finish, which is very nice and better then Victory, but there is nothing in the new Indian lineup that is up to par with the long-distance capability of the Vision. I rode all three Indian models during a demo event some time back and the Vision has them beat in the handling department in addition to long-distance comfort. If you like the bling bling factor get the Indian, but if you are a meat and potatoes guy, utility and function oriented, then I would go with the Vision, which does the bar hopping, daily commute, and long distance touring very well.

If I had my choice I would have at least three bikes in my garage, but I would need to start playing the lottery to make that happen.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™