You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Riding in the Rain article
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Wedge
Posted 2014-06-28 10:38 PM (#160777)
Subject: Riding in the Rain article

Cruiser

In the Summer 2014 issue of the Iron Butt magazine, David L. Hough wrote a particularly comprehensive article on it entitled "Let it Rain". If you're like me and spend time searching for tips and tricks for riding in the wet, including watching You Tube vids on it, I really recommend this. I'm not associated with any of the parties, just wanna share the info.
Edit: Probably should've put this in a different forum.

Edited by Wedge 2014-06-28 10:41 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2014-06-29 5:52 AM (#160783 - in reply to #160777)
Subject: Re: Riding in the Rain article

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'd like to find this article, but I guess I'll have to subscribe. "Learning" to ride in the rain was the best thing I could have done. Not just for the reason of potentially getting caught on a ride in an unexpected rain, but to garner more time in the saddle during the rainy seasons. I first had to get past the idea that a motorcycle is not suppose to get wet. Then I had to get past of how much more dangerous it is to ride in the rain. While there has been time that I didn't particularly like the present situation, getting past the myths was the hardest thing to do. I'm sure Mr. Hough will have covered much of this very well, to include being mindful of painted lines, stop light oily spots, fresh rain after a dry spell, recent accident scenes to name a few. The other challenges I've faced is visibility through eye wear fogging up, or extreme misting at the end of a hot summer rain. I guess I better subscribe.
RedRider
Posted 2014-06-30 3:02 PM (#160833 - in reply to #160777)
Subject: Re: Riding in the Rain article

Visionary

The thing I fiound that works the best for fogging eyewear/visor is what scubba divers do, rub spit on the inside. Since I wear a Scorpion helmet with the flip down visior the rain doesn't start running down the inside of my glasses anymore. I wouldl pull over then.
When on the highway I like to get between two 18 wheelers. I stay far enough back from the front truck so I don't get the tire wash and maybe I am lucky but the rear driver always stay far enough behind so I can just see his headlights.

Just singing in the rain....

Ride safe, know your limits.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™