You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Parts availability
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

cw1115
Posted 2014-07-04 3:42 PM (#160952)
Subject: Parts availability

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
My poor bike has been in the shop for almost 2 months now. A complete a**hole pulled out in by path. I avoided running into the back of them, but did glance off the rear corner of the car. I did not go down. Left leg fairing and left tip over torn off. Floor board mangled and primary cover gouged. My foot was pinned in the bike. I got stopped and couldn't put my foot or the kickstand down. After over a month back order for 3 pieces, they discovered engine cradle bent. Another week for that. My broken toes have healed already.

I love Victory, I just wish it was easier to get parts.

This post started with a cam question and I ended up on a different topic. Sorry for being in the wrong forum.

Edited by cw1115 2014-07-04 4:06 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2014-07-04 5:34 PM (#160956 - in reply to #160952)
Subject: Re: Parts availability

Tourer

Central Illinois
What the heck are they waiting for? Have they actually ordered your replacement parts or are they waiting for a large enough order? I had extreme damage to my '13 Vision but the parts came in just under 2 weeks and I am back riding. I had to replace the left side plastics and the front plastics too. Who know what tupperware should really cost? In addition they replaced the right side exhaust. It sounds to me like your repair would be even easier than mine. Get on their case, they are stalling.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-07-04 6:49 PM (#160957 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

You have a horse shit dealer for sure
cw1115
Posted 2014-07-04 7:16 PM (#160961 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I agree. I didn't want to take it there. This is my third bad experience with them but my options were limited. I should have just fixed it my self.
The parts they were waiting on were floor board mount and one of the fairing body parts.
V92SC
Posted 2014-07-05 2:36 PM (#160986 - in reply to #160952)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
If you can do the work yourself, I read on this forum the dealer/stealer experiences of others and if and when I need major parts I'm going to research the good dealers , order from them and "giter done".
cw1115
Posted 2014-07-05 3:08 PM (#160987 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Every time I have work done by somebody else I am not happy. That goes for the cage too. The dealer in question sent the wheels out on my 2008 to be powder coated. All my front rotor bolts backed out and chewed up the fork leg after a day of riding. The Honda dealer changed my rear tire on my 2013 and tightened the belt like a guitar string. Fortunately in both cases I sensed something wrong and averted disaster. I assume when I get the bike back I'll be redoing something.
whinchey
Posted 2014-07-05 3:09 PM (#160988 - in reply to #160986)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
I need some parts for my bike, did some sopping around. This group had the best prices, I found the shipping reasonable. I think it was about a 25% discount when I went to checkout. Even with freight it was cheaper than buying from any of the state outlets that I researched.

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/

These other sites had decent discounts as well.

http://www.surdykemotorsports.com/default.asp

http://www.speedzonedirect.com/

http://www.powersportsparts4less.com/default.asp
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-07-05 8:35 PM (#160996 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i agree with johnnyvision. its your dealer... probably waiting on a order big enough... i was also wondering.. has there been any issues in any way with the insurance company? i mean in terms of approved payment? maybe the dealer was afraid to order and sit on parts that more than likely no one else would ever come looking for?
cw1115
Posted 2014-07-06 2:22 AM (#161000 - in reply to #160952)
Subject: RE: Parts availability

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
This s been a nightmare from the word go. The adjustor went to the tow yard to do an estimate. He was able to bring the 2013 up in his laptop, but no prices info for the parts. He told me to just have the tow company take it to the dealer. The dealer could not (or would not) pay the towing and storage charges and bill insurance. When I went back to pay it myself, Steppe's Towing in Tampa would only accept cash. I did not have $500 to lay out. I called the insurance company back. They did an awesome job making arraignments to get the fees paid and the bike transported. By the way, the tow company attempted to lien the bike after 4 days.

So the bike finally made it to the shop on 5/8, six days after the crash. It took them 11 days to do an estimate. Even the insurance guy said that was BS. The first estimate was $9973. I had guessed about 5K. The adjustor had me meet him at the shop. They were going to replace every part that had a nick or scratch, including my pipes from bottoming out once and the base of the tour pack for a tiny chip from the buckle of my leathers. It is not fraud because they did not see the bike before the crash.

Finally got that all redone and down to $5200, just about what I expected. I made the mistake of letting the insurance pay the dealer directly. They were paid on 5/27, the whole amount less deductible. Now they have no incentive to get it done. They did call me right away and say 3 parts were backordered until 6/26. All the other parts came in right away, so I have to believe it was a Victory issue. I did call the insurance company to see if there was any recourse since they had been paid. The answer was no.

Yay! A couple of days to get the bike. No so fast. When they went to put it together they discovered the engine cradle, which is the piece the kickstand and the subframe bolt to was bent. They tried to straighten it before they called me. I have mixed feeling about that. They have a new service manager and he explained that they tried so I could have the bike back for July 4th weekend. I am glad they were unsuccessful so the bike is being fixed right.
So a supplemental was submitted and approved already by Liberty Mutual. Hoping to have it back soon.

Edited by cw1115 2014-07-06 2:26 AM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-07-06 9:10 AM (#161003 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
cw1115 I truly feel for you ... you are a victim of a $hitty dealer... how could they ever think a insurance company would blindly accept that $9973 estimate with out further investigation ..... people kill me some times... they almost doubled the final estimate.. No wonder insurance is the way it is... if i a was a insurance company i would recommend my motorcycle customers to Not deal with these jokers... not only for how slow they are. but for the border line Fraudulent business practices...... hell they were probably hoping the insurance company would scrap the bike so they didnt actually have work on it.....
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-07-06 7:15 PM (#161013 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

cw1115
sitting here its the 6th of july and woundering you have your bike back
sure hope so
cw1115
Posted 2014-07-07 11:41 AM (#161026 - in reply to #160952)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks Johnny. The answer is no. I'm going to call today for an update.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™