You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Let's play, what is this?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SteveS
Posted 2014-07-19 11:08 AM (#163449 - in reply to #163397)
Subject: Re: Let's play, what is this?

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
Of course the root cause of the failure is obvious. You are leaving the weight of the motorcycle placed on the kickstand far too much. If you would simply be out riding more, this would not happen. This should be a wake up call to Rollin, for he too leaves his bike on the side stand way too much. Obviously, I'm kidding. The fact that the bike has air suspension- thus a wider range of ride height, means there is no optimum length stand and there must be some compromise so the bike isn't too vertical with minimal air in the shock. A block under the stand is the simplest solution. I think some graphite dry lube spray might help slow the wear of those contact surfaces-grease would tend to attract grit. You also need to look at wear and tear in dog years-for instance, what you took three years to wear out will take the typical rider about twenty one years. Thanks for pointing out these issues. Ride safe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2014-07-20 1:24 AM (#163455 - in reply to #163391)
Subject: Re: Let's play, what is this?

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Well said, Steve ! Me - I have recently trained my Co-Pilot to do all the 'non-piloting' activities - such as 'Getting off the bike first - and using her more dainty features to lower the side-stand so that I need not get my shoes upset by seeking very hot metal that is hard to dis-associate from screeching hot exhaust coolant features. I have totally ruined too many left foot shoes/boots with that goddamned useless piece of shit Victory put on as a 'side stand' ....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™