You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VISION
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2014-08-04 8:37 PM (#163970)
Subject: I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VISION

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

As long as the Bentley is still running...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeffmack
Posted 2014-08-05 7:42 AM (#163973 - in reply to #163970)
Subject: Re: I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VISION

Iron Butt

Agreed
willtill
Posted 2014-08-05 8:38 AM (#163976 - in reply to #163970)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Will be nice to know that Vision's will continue to be manufactured... in case your Bentley gives up it's ghost one day....
jeffmack
Posted 2014-08-05 9:50 AM (#163978 - in reply to #163970)

Iron Butt

Naaaa. I'll keep my vision forever. If I can keep the Norton running I can keep the Vic rolling too. When the Vic is 40 years old like the Norty she will be a classic as well

Edited by jeffmack 2014-08-05 9:51 AM
lstayner
Posted 2014-08-05 10:24 AM (#163980 - in reply to #163970)
Subject: RE: I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VISION

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
What is the deal with us Vision riders? We all want to Victory make some changes to the bike yet we have no plans of getting a new bike because we are so happy with what we have.

My biggest fear is that Victory will discontinue the Vision and then mine will be wrecked or worn out with 300K on it and I can't get another new one. I may have one waiting in the wings in the crate just in case if they announce they are ending the Vision.
varyder
Posted 2014-08-05 10:55 AM (#163982 - in reply to #163970)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
NEVER HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD ME SAY I WANTED ANY CHANGES IN THE VISION - EVER!! Now that is out of the way. I figure there will be enough older Vision around to keep the Bently rolling. There's only a few things that concern me and one is the electronic brain box that would cause a fit if it went finding one many years down the road. In fact, I wonder how many salvaged Visions has anyone put those aside to sell alone and what does it take to swap it out. I've thought about buying a complete savaged Vision so that I would have my own parts shelf stocked. A lot of the things I've replaced so far has been from used Vision, like the complete exhaust, rear brake caliper and carrier, the rear pulley, seat, kick-stand, and something else I don't remember. Dispite the number of miles, my floorboards don't have much wear, nor does the original shifter/brake peg. At over 160,000 and it uses no oil or smokes, it's seeing 200,000 milies with confidence, and beyond.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-08-05 11:40 AM (#163984 - in reply to #163982)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
varyder - 2014-08-05 10:55 AM
There's only a few things that concern me and one is the electronic brain box that would cause a fit if it went finding one many years down the road. In fact, I wonder how many salvaged Visions has anyone put those aside to sell alone and what does it take to swap it out.

They often show up on Ebay.

Swapping one out is as easy as unclipping the wire harness and taking four small screws out. It takes longer to take the seat off (to get to the ECU) than it does to change the ECU.

I swapped mine with a performance one from Lloydz.

Ronnie
jeffmack
Posted 2014-08-05 12:31 PM (#163987 - in reply to #163970)

Iron Butt

I want more storage capacity, I figure I won't be in the market for another 3-4 years. Either way I won't be getting rid of my 08 until I give that to a grandchild in another 30+ years. I'll just add to the garage. Getting pennies on the dollar on a trade or sale is a no go for me. Love the 08 too much with too many memories. Besides it will be a classic in 30-40 years just like my 40 year old norty
Bandit
Posted 2014-08-05 7:48 PM (#164001 - in reply to #163970)

New user

Fort Dodge, IA
I don't think I will trade my 09 for a new model anytime soon. Just returned from Sturgis where we test rode the Indian Chieftan, Victory Coss Country & Vision. Other than removing a lot of things that were standard equipment on the older models I saw no improvements in ride quality, handling or power of the Vision. I get more attention and am asked more questions regarding my Ness Vision, whether it be at Sturgis, a local bike night or out on a ride, than I ever received with my 09 HD CVO Road Glide. I was one that would never consider the Vision solely due to looks alone but after riding it I was hooked. The look grows on you and now I actually really like the way it looks. Really liked the power output of the Indian but do not understand why Polaris made the bike so small. At 6'2" the Victory bikes had plenty of leg room but the Indian was too cramped with ride similar to the Cross Country.
varyder
Posted 2014-08-05 7:59 PM (#164002 - in reply to #163970)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I saw that too. What gets me that the King Mountain steel frame Indian Chief seem to have the same saddle height and pull back as the Vision. The bike seemed big and I never took it for a ride. When I rode the Polaris Indian Vintage it felt small to me, and I'm small. I could get into it if it was my second bike, but as a prime mover I'm not so sure I could make myself like it. I was glad when I got back on my Vision and didn't have a desire to test ride another one. I was glad I didn't put down a deposit as I almost did for the numbered bike. They're good bikes, but nothing tops the Vision.
iluvink
Posted 2014-08-05 9:04 PM (#164004 - in reply to #163970)

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
I have my eye on the Indian Roadmaster.

Edited by iluvink 2014-08-05 9:13 PM
20 10 Vision
Posted 2014-08-06 6:18 PM (#164018 - in reply to #163970)

Tourer

Iluvink - me too!
XRsteve
Posted 2014-08-06 10:14 PM (#164027 - in reply to #163970)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
The new Indain Roadmaster does have improvements with the tourpak and lowers but it's still not anywhere near the size and comfort of a Vision. Hell nothing is.............The Roadmaster sits and feel similar to an Electraglide Ultra...........with a more modern engine.
donetracey
Posted 2014-08-07 1:51 AM (#164031 - in reply to #163970)
Subject: RE: I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VISION

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

varyder - 2014-08-04 6:37 PM

As long as the Bentley is still running...

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about !!!

Some 'A**holes' don't know Dick ....

jimtom
Posted 2014-08-07 4:40 AM (#164032 - in reply to #164002)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
varyder - 2014-08-05 7:59 PM

I saw that too. What gets me that the King Mountain steel frame Indian Chief seem to have the same saddle height and pull back as the Vision. The bike seemed big and I never took it for a ride. When I rode the Polaris Indian Vintage it felt small to me, and I'm small. I could get into it if it was my second bike, but as a prime mover I'm not so sure I could make myself like it. I was glad when I got back on my Vision and didn't have a desire to test ride another one. I was glad I didn't put down a deposit as I almost did for the numbered bike. They're good bikes, but nothing tops the Vision.

numbered bikes will soon be on the market. On the indian forum, there are some guys that bought the numbered chieftain and the RM is what they really wanted. Looks like HD is not the only one that is a master of marketing.
jimtom
Posted 2014-08-07 4:48 AM (#164033 - in reply to #163987)

Visionary

I feel the same way about the Vision. You walk in the Barber Motorsports Museum in Leeds, AL (arguably the most extensive collection on planet Earth) and they have a Vision. They are displaying examples of our bikes in Museums today! It takes Vision to know what to hang on to , what will be seen as a gamechanger 30 years from now. I'm keeping mine no matter what I get next (maybe future indian 4). There will be plenty of low mileage examples of the Vision for decades. Strangely enough a lot of people don't ride that much, or they have multiple bikes, health issues, etc . I was riding it in this morning thanking God for how good this thing sounds and feels and makes me feel at peace. Someone asked me why my bike smoked yesterday. I didn't know it was and still can't see any real smoke, a little puffing just after start up. 87,400 , she's entitled to smoke descretely.
jimtom
Posted 2014-08-07 4:53 AM (#164034 - in reply to #164004)

Visionary

iluvink - 2014-08-05 9:04 PM

I have my eye on the Indian Roadmaster.

The RM is on my very short list of next bikes, actually it's the only bike on my radar for my needs (2 up long distance traveling). It's a thing of beauty, art to me. $26.999 is a jagged little pill but it's not out of the question for my next bike. Now if I rode it and was disappointed , I guess it would be another Vision, nothing travels like a Vision.
BrandonM7
Posted 2014-08-07 2:31 PM (#164050 - in reply to #163970)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
I've had a boatload of bikes over the years and this is the first one I've felt that way about. I hope to ride the wheels off of this thing.
docvtx
Posted 2014-08-07 10:06 PM (#164061 - in reply to #163970)

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
I have 96,000 plus miles on my 08, I have no plans of changing bikes and I like the my vision just the way it is, I wouldn't change a thing.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-08-08 11:02 AM (#164065 - in reply to #163970)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I really like my '13 Vision but I am one of those who can't leave well enough alone. That means I have an after market shift linkage instead of a plain steel rod. I also have a Kewlmetal heel shift lever, the passenger arm rests, a WD oil dip stick and the list goes on as I see things I like. I recently took my orange colored front signal lenses off and replaced with clear ones in a package from WD. I think it dresses the front up nicely. I also have the timing wheel on mine and like the ride better since I did that. You might say my Vision is slowly evolving into a better VV.
a99miata
Posted 2014-08-08 11:34 AM (#164066 - in reply to #163970)

Tourer

northwest florida
If plans keep on track for me, I'll be getting a new vision in Sept. I'll have my money all saved up to get it. Either the red or if one is around to see in person, maybe the orange.
sunburstguitar
Posted 2014-11-07 6:32 PM (#168602 - in reply to #163970)

Cruiser

Winston-Salem, NC
Has anyone tested out the Indian roadmaster?. I have a 2010 vision 8 ball that I love but that Indian looks great. Am testing riding one tomorrow. I won't be able to keep my vision and will have to trade for the Roadmaster with all the options. One hell of a dilemma!
sunburstguitar
Posted 2014-11-07 6:36 PM (#168603 - in reply to #164004)

Cruiser

Winston-Salem, NC
Test riding a Roadmaster tomorrow. But I love my vision 8 ball. Have you considered trading for Roadmaster?
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-11-07 10:57 PM (#168607 - in reply to #163970)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't know if I'll ever get anything but a fixed fairing bike. I wonder when Indian will offer one of those?
jimtom
Posted 2014-11-08 4:17 AM (#168609 - in reply to #168607)

Visionary

test riding a RM November 11th. Not trading my Vision, just a joy ride to see how I feel about it.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™