You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

High Idle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bobbybhb
Posted 2008-09-06 10:44 AM (#17589)
Subject: High Idle

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
My throttle appears to be sticking open while riding on a long ride or 75 degree or better temps.
The dealer lubed the cables and reset the idle. It seemed to be better but started sticking open when the temp was warmer. The idle would rise to 1700 and I had to force the throttle back to low idle every time I slowed down.
I'm sure it is simple. Maybe cable routing?
Anyone have an experience with this?

I also have a little bump in the idle when it is at low idle. It seems to bump between 950 and 1000 every so often?
Dealer will be checking it soon.
7,000 great miles so far.
Thanks BB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2008-09-13 4:16 PM (#17977 - in reply to #17589)
Subject: Re: High Idle

Visionary

Bob are you sure you simply aren't rolling off the throttle? I have found that the springs on the Vision are pretty weak compared to a Harley so I have to consciously roll off. Maybe try adding some additional free-play on the throttle cables and see if that helps. I know mine were set to zero free-play when I picked it up and I had to add about 1/8".
As to the slight hiccup at 950-1000 at idle?? Yep mine does that as well. I'm 99.9% sure its related to the sensor on the closed loop adjusting and not something to worry about.
wjoel
Posted 2008-09-13 6:17 PM (#17984 - in reply to #17977)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I had a high idle problem where the idle would go up an down,most noticeable when idling
at a stop.At the same time ,my battery kept losng voltage.The dealer thought the battery
was at fault for the idle issue.He replaced the battery and the idle problem went away.
bobbybhb
Posted 2008-09-14 12:22 PM (#18030 - in reply to #17589)

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
HIGH IDLE UPDATE
THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED. PARDON MY TRANSLATION AS I HAVEN'T HAD THE BIKE APART MYSELF.
I was told that the IAC (idle air control) had been partially stuck open due to a cable tie being too tight. The mechanic mentioned something about the tie being under the seat???? As I said I don't know if this is the correct translation, but the results are great as my bike now idles properly and I noticed that it is not getting as much popcorn effect when decelerating. IT RUNS GREAT NOW.
BB
BB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™