You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

pollolittle, that electrical engineer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-06 9:19 PM (#1617)
Subject: pollolittle, that electrical engineer

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
pollolittle:

I have some questions regarding the CB/Intercm system. I was wondering if you could
forward these questions to the engineer, or if someone on this board knows, please let
me know. Before I plunk down the bucks, I wanted to relate the features to the Goldwing's.

1) I assume you can toggle between hearing the music through the speakers, or through
your helmet's speakers. I guess my main question would be if you can listen, to your music,
through your helmet's speakers, and not the motorcycle's.

2) Will the music fade out when you speak on the intercomm to your passenger, and then
go back to normal when the talking is over?

3) Can you have the intercomm function off, but still listen to the music through your helmet's
speakers?

Thank you for your help.

Herb

Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 9:23 PM (#1618 - in reply to #1617)
Subject: Re: pollolittle, that electrical engineer

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I will look through my manual first, then I will have an idea how it is supposed to work, then I'll ask him.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-06 11:34 PM (#1643 - in reply to #1617)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
This is the way it was explained to me by the dealer. The stock radio can only come thru the speakers on the bike and not have the option to toggle to the helmet headset. That said, the xm radio will be a toggle option to the headset that will be overridden by the intercom conversation between passenger and rider. The GPS system audio will override both with instructions for travel. You and the passenger will both have a mute option on the intercom. (I will use that! she is a back seat driver) You will also have a toggle option for the blue tooth that needs to have the new Nolan uconn helmets or others that are out there. BTW,we did buy the Nolan N102 helmets that are real nice but expensive.

I have gone off for all of these little goodies to be installed, plus other accessories, as they are shipped. The key word here is "shipped". Some of my accessories have been received by my dealer, but a lot of them that relate to the audio system have not. I was just told today that the audio harness which is key to the whole system now has a ship date of Nov 30, changed the second time from Nov 3. Any of you ordered the tail gunner, it won't be avaliable until Jan 08.

Maybe if Buckeye can get me the accessories, I can find him a Vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know if any of you find error in my understanding
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 2:10 AM (#1647 - in reply to #1617)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
That will be the first thing I do, send you the accessories. Pollo...your not getting the full faced, with the intercom are you? Just tell her it isn't an option for your bike. If you don't, you will hear YACKITY YACK YACK the rest of your days. Communication is meant for controllers and aircraft. Maybe if i kicked the guy out of my brain for lack of mortgage money, I would talk, but he doesn't listen.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-07 11:49 AM (#1662 - in reply to #1643)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
DesertJim - 2007-11-06 11:34 PM
This is the way it was explained to me by the dealer.

Not to sound insulting, but I really don't expect a dealer to know more about
the Vision then us folks here, as a collective, on this board.
DesertJim - 2007-11-06 11:34 PM
The stock radio can only come thru the speakers on the bike and not have the option to
toggle to the helmet headset.

I will be plugging my Zumo MP3 player into the accessory cord. If I can't get that to play
through the helmet speakers, I have a bike for sale.

I'll look in my manual for the intercomm instructions. I actually didn't think of that.
(embarrassed)

Herb
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-07 1:04 PM (#1667 - in reply to #1617)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
The radio has an option to turn off the external speakers, so it MUST be able to pipe through the Communication unit. Don't start putting a for sale sign on it just yet. I would assume(?) that if you plug it into the accessory cord and you have the comm. unit then it will play through the helmet speakers.

Buckeye, she won't spend the money on the comm unit so I am safe. I was just looking at getting a full faced helmet, due to the fact it was 32 degrees this morning. I want one that will flip the front section (modular) so I can still enjoy my Dr. Pepper in the morning commute. Surprisingly enough, I was cool but not freezing, the parts of my face that were exposed was pretty chilly.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-07 7:00 PM (#1675 - in reply to #1662)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
g1nomad-

I'm far past worrying about being insulted- no problem - FYI- I'm sure you are correct about the MP 3 etc. , that was the way I remembered the conversation from several months ago. I was more interested in the comm system, GPS, and blue tooth functions.

I do think a lot of my dealer's knowledge. He actually had input when the proto was out there and was the one that wrote the article that you might have read about taking the non running Vision they sent him for display in a Las Vegas Expo and prepped it up to run and had everyone taking test rides. I think he is in the top three in the country.

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-08 7:50 AM (#1689 - in reply to #1617)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I agree, even us pre-order non vision havers know more than most dealers, from this site. I also learned that pollolittle is a true biker. 32 degrees? brrrrrr
I have a polyprene face mask (skull face) for the cold days. I'll bet the dr pepper stays cold. It rarely gets that cold here. Thats one of the reasons i took the job here. year round riding on my HD (since no vision, yet)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™