You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Houston IMS Vision Tour Pictures and Arlen's Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-06 9:56 PM (#1623)
Subject: Houston IMS Vision Tour Pictures and Arlen's Vision

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I posted the pictures from the Houston IMS Vision Tour plus one very special picture.

On September 27, 2007 my wife and I drove from Milpitas to Dublin, CA. Bill from Ness Enterprises took us to see the 20 Visions that were in the warehouse of Arlen and Cory's shop for the Vision Ride Tour. My wife saw them and said "Cool". I then knew that was going to be the ride for me.

On the way back to the showroom Bill opened up the door to this area and asked me if I wanted to sit on Arlen's Vision that he just rode to Sturgis and back. I just said "Sure".

I tried not to drool on it.

Radioteacher
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-06 10:02 PM (#1625 - in reply to #1623)
Subject: RE: Houston IMS Vision Tour Pictures and Arlen's Vision

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
To get the pictures click on "Gallery" at the top of the page and then on the "Houston IMS Vision Test Ride" under the word radioteacher
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 10:12 PM (#1631 - in reply to #1623)
Subject: Re: Houston IMS Vision Tour Pictures and Arlen's Vision

Visionary

Brighton, TN
That looks like one big pile of doggy doo. I have to dog it cause mine will look stock for a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY long time. Love It, I just can't frieking afford all the crap he put on that bike. It looks like he extended below the saddle bags with more fiberglass to cover the exhaust.
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-06 10:27 PM (#1637 - in reply to #1631)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Arlen's bike was very low. I am guessing that the seat was 24.5 to 25 inches in height.

I was in San Jose, CA for training that week and saw that his shop was about 25 miles from my hotel in Milpitas. We finished up training at 4:30 that day so I picked up the wife and got there about 5:30 PM.

Radioteacher

Edited by radioteacher 2007-11-06 10:27 PM
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-06 10:47 PM (#1640 - in reply to #1623)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Arlen Ness in Dublin does all of my service. That is where I placed my deposit. That location has many cool bikes upstairs in their Ness Museum. There should have been at least 2 Ness Visions there, Arlen's and Corey"s. Arlen has a street and a Corey has a Tour. I think Corey's bike was a cleaner setup. Probably because I am biased to the tour anyway. The "Nesstatized" Vision that you saw was a preproduction bike that had been touring the country test driven etc. I was told it had almost 100,000 miles on it due to all of the testing. With that much wear and tear it looked pretty good. Let's face it there is a lot of Ness influence on the Vision and it shows.

Edited by okthenbye 2007-11-06 10:49 PM
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-06 10:54 PM (#1641 - in reply to #1640)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
okthenby,

Since time was limited we did not get to the Ness Museum. Please take some pictures of the other Visions and post them to the gallery. This looked like some personal work area and it was the only complete bike in the room. You can see the parts in the racks behind the Vision.

Radioteacher
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-07 12:55 AM (#1644 - in reply to #1623)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Radioteacher,

I do have a few snapshots. I'll post them in a few days. I am traveling on Bus this week myself. I'll get some posted when I get home. These pix are not Visions but Arlen and Corey's custom theme creations. There is a Jelly Belly bike, a 57 Chevy bike and much more. The web address below has a few that you can see right away.
http://www.arlenness.com/nessbuilds.html
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 2:02 AM (#1646 - in reply to #1623)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
very cool. wonder when i'll get my bike?
VisionTex
Posted 2007-11-07 9:06 AM (#1657 - in reply to #1623)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Last weekend I talked to the head person at the Vision Tour which is run by Skip Barber and he said he got a chance to ride a Ness Vision. I'm not sure which one, but he said it had a large diameter front wheel..........he indicated that really changed the handling on the bike to poor as compaired to the a Vision. He did say it was really a cool bike though.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 9:32 AM (#1658 - in reply to #1623)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i guess as long as you think you look good. there is some people that wear full face helmets with intercoms....can't ever seeing that being cool. Star Trek "V"...Lord, that wasn't right, please forgive me and all the little pygmies in south america.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-07 1:12 PM (#1669 - in reply to #1623)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I am a trekkie to Buckeye, come on over to the dark side ( uhh wrong movie)! Is it so bad that I want to wear something that will keep my A##$$% from freezing off. No intercom, would like to be able to pipe music into it though.
Apollon
Posted 2007-11-08 8:38 AM (#1696 - in reply to #1623)

Puddle Jumper

I do like a lot of Arlen & Corey's stuff. I like his Vision as a show bike, but doubt it is very practical with the low bag extensions. I also heard that Arlen & Corey had ZERO input on the Vision. That project was all Victory. Third person info for what it is worth.
smm
Posted 2007-11-08 7:13 PM (#1705 - in reply to #1625)

Puddle Jumper

any info on when/if a ness version of the Vision will be available?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™