You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Just saying hello
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-06 9:57 PM (#1624)
Subject: Just saying hello

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
I'm obviously new here. I bought my Vision Saturday 10/27. Found it at Performance East in Goldsboro NC. These guys were great to deal with. Called early that week and asked them to hold the bike with a deposit pending a test ride. When I got there they had the bike ready to ride, just asked that I be back before closing time. Needless to say after that ride, I was sold.
The only street bike I had ever owned was a 2006 Kawasaki 900LT. But after logging 8500 miles in the first year and my wifes increasing interest in coming along I was ready to move up. When I first saw the Vision I thought it was certainly different enough but figured it be hard to handle all that weight. I got my first opportunity to sit on one at a Grand Opening of a dealer nearby. They had one that a factory rep was showing. I couldn't believe how well balanced an 800 pound could be. Not long after that a guy that I work with offered to buy my Kawasaki, The rest, as they say, is history.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 10:03 PM (#1626 - in reply to #1624)
Subject: Re: Just saying hello

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Let me be first to say welcome and congrats. I have had mine since 9/29 and have over 2100 miles on it. Feel free to go to the gallery and post pics. You didn't specify what it was color, street or tour, etc. Mods you had done. I am so still loving this bike it is amazing. Then again I thought a 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 was awesome. Hope you have a LARGE sense of humor. These guys who have preordered are a little cranky, cuz they still ain't ridin'. Try to ignore them or feel free to leave your own commentary for their Kleenex Tissue parties. Thats' what I do.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 10:08 PM (#1628 - in reply to #1624)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Never mind it appears you found the gallery. I got the black also, so that is what it looks like with the tour pak. I am still waiting on mine to show up. Do you know if the heated seats, heat the back of the tour pak.
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-06 10:10 PM (#1630 - in reply to #1624)
Subject: RE: Just saying hello

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Congratulations, it looks great!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-06 10:13 PM (#1632 - in reply to #1624)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
oh yeah, I forgot NICE BIKE.
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-06 10:20 PM (#1633 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

I'm pretty sure the Wife said that the back rest was also heated. She loves it. Sorry about you guys that are still waiting, I couldn't believe it when I found this one on Bike Trader! Bought it in Saturday, did the 500 mile service the next Thursday. I'm still amazed at how well it handles.
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-06 10:20 PM (#1634 - in reply to #1624)
Subject: RE: Just saying hello

Visionary

Memphis
Welcome aboard, Tom.  Always nice to have a point of contact in one of the best states for motorcycle riding in the whole country.  What accessories are you planning on adding to the Black Beauty?
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-06 10:23 PM (#1635 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

Not sure on accessories yet, but I am already thinking about the Stage One exhaust.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-07 2:28 AM (#1650 - in reply to #1624)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
SWEET! eeerrrrrr, errrrrrrrrr. I'm own a case of Aloe based Kleenex.
Congrats and welcome aboard. Pollo said it, we preorder bubbas get "twisted" when someone buys a bike off the floor. It's all in good fun. This site has great advice and input from every aspect of biking. Watch out for the guys with the intercoms in their full faced helmets. They hear voices in their head. I, on the other hand, do not need a helmet for that. Thanks for sending that community college up to Michigan this year and beating them. Very nice. Have fun on the new bike and feel free to post pix. We all appreciate it.
visionrider
Posted 2007-11-07 10:55 PM (#1684 - in reply to #1624)

Puddle Jumper

Carolina tom, have my vision on order from same dealer. Sat on your bike a few times hope you don't mind. Also rode the street vision. I deal with travis up there and only have nice things to say about him and performance East. Now if they only would get my Black Cherry Vision in I would even say nicer things about them. I am located in Goldsboro. Are you from Goldsboro also maybe get together for a ride sometime.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-07 11:34 PM (#1685 - in reply to #1624)

Visionary

So Cal
Yeah, welcome aboard & congrats on the bike. Great pics. Black tour premium is what I have ordered also. Except for the stupid CA emission thing.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-08 8:06 AM (#1691 - in reply to #1624)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
he tea bagged your baby! dude, thats cool. anyone hear anything about voltage regulators on the new bikes?
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-08 9:28 PM (#1709 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

visionrider, Yea I dealt with Travis too. Seemed like a great bunch of guys. I drove there from Salisbury but could still hook up for a ride someday.
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-08 9:35 PM (#1710 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

Everyone, Thanks for the welcomes. Look forward to learning a lot from each other.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-09 1:04 AM (#1717 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Wow! Maybe I should move to North Carolina. I wouldn't have to wait for 9+ months to get what I already paid for. Oh well... Congratulations! We in California are green with envy... ;-)
visionrider
Posted 2007-11-09 7:00 PM (#1731 - in reply to #1624)

Puddle Jumper

The bike Carolina Tom got is sweet but wife wanted Black Cherry so Carolina Tom better thank my wife when he see'e her or his baby would have been gone already. Performace East has sold both of the vision's they have gotten in just wish one had been the right color so the wait goes on.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-09 7:31 PM (#1732 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I spoke with my salesperson at Arlen Ness today and they have a shipment that should arrive early next week. Hopefully my Midnight Cherry Tour is on the truck. Or... The wait goes on... Sounds like it should be a song.
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-09 8:20 PM (#1733 - in reply to #1624)

Cruiser

Sorry about you guys still waiting, but I'm sure glad visionriders wife wanted another color.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™