You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Passenger Backrest Install
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ruttrow
Posted 2008-09-20 11:00 AM (#18370)
Subject: Passenger Backrest Install

Cruiser

Illinois
Good Morning,

Can you guys tell me what you have used to cut the rear panel? The directions say Dremel tool or bandsaw and I don't have either one. I do not want to screw up the filler panel and have a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2008-09-20 5:23 PM (#18395 - in reply to #18370)
Subject: RE: Passenger Backrest Install

Cruiser

Central Florida
ruttrow - 2008-09-20 11:00 AM

Good Morning,

Can you guys tell me what you have used to cut the rear panel? The directions say Dremel tool or bandsaw and I don't have either one. I do not want to screw up the filler panel and have a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Dremel tool is an absolute must have for any homeowner/ wannabee mechanic.
If you aren't comfortable with a dremel($19.99 and up) ask a buddy or have dealer do it.
My first try with the cut out was off about 1/8 inch... I used the dremel
Big Vic
Posted 2008-09-21 8:57 AM (#18439 - in reply to #18370)
Subject: Re: Passenger Backrest Install

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
ruttrow
I did not want to take a chance with a Dremel tool.............I had bad visions of it catching and cutting more than I wanted to. I completly taped (painters tape) the painted side so it did not scratch the paint. Then I used a brad point bit (so it did not walk) to drill the corners, then I connected the dots with a band saw. It worked great and only took about 15 minutes. If you need help and don't have many options bring it over and I'll do it. I'm about 4 1/2 hours west of you in SE Iowa.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™