You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

coldest ride
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

ez chair
Posted 2007-11-08 8:45 PM (#1707)
Subject: coldest ride

Cruiser

Maine
Rode today, 38 degrees in Maine. Turned hand warmers on low. Didn't need seat warmer. Comfortable. Will ride till it snows!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-08 9:46 PM (#1712 - in reply to #1707)
Subject: Re: coldest ride

Visionary

Brighton, TN
It was 32 the other morning had all the heat on. Will ride until it snows or ices.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-08 10:26 PM (#1713 - in reply to #1707)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
It was 93 here today, shorts and short sleeve shirt, couple drops of sweat from time to time on my 2 hour ride. Vision was SWEET and I never had to use the seat warmer. It will cool down to the low 80's for the weekend. Ride Baby Ride!!
mike s
Posted 2007-11-08 10:34 PM (#1714 - in reply to #1707)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
55 on the way to dinner tonight, 45 on the way back. No heat options, but I did put the liner in the leather and zip up all the way. I'll ride until...
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-11-09 6:23 PM (#1729 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Well my Vis isn't here yet but I'll tell you about the coldest ride I ever had. I was a student @ the University of South Florida in Tampa which is right near the Gulf of Mexico so it didn'y USUALLY get very cold there. I was riding a Honda 305 Dream & got ready to ride to class that morning in January,1972. It was 18 degrees!!!!!!!!! Yes I said 18 degrees.I rode the 3 1/2 miles to school wearing only Levis & an Air Force field jacket w/liner for outer wear. That was the coldest I've ever been & I had just returned from a 3 1/2 year tour in Germany. Luke
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-16 6:00 AM (#1912 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
On I-5, 70 mph, 23 degrees for 45 minutes. Once my face got so cold I couldn't feel it, I was O.K. I couldn't talk for 15 minutes.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 8:34 AM (#1915 - in reply to #1707)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Today, 31 degrees, had the seat and the hand warmers on. Feet a little chilly, Hands pretty stinkin' cold.
I got caught in the rain the other day with just my ski gloves, they got soaked to the bone. I said forget this and went to the my Victory Dealer FRS and got a pair of WindProof, Waterproof All Weather Riding Gloves. They are the Victory Branded ones thought that might do the trick. At around 55 degrees, light rain, hand grips on, they did quite well. They will have to go back and define ALL WEATHER, my Ski Gloves are way warmer when not wet and I can feel the heat coming through them. This morning couldn't feel the heat through the gloves and quite stinkin' cold. So, I am now looking for a pair of warmer gloves. This is starting to get expensive, and I haven't bought any accessories or apparel.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-16 2:04 PM (#1930 - in reply to #1707)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I got my all weather waterproof, windproof THIN gloves at the clothing sales dept. in our BX here at McChord. They do well on the vision, and also on my old Shadow down to about 40 degrees. They are fine on the Vision below that, but on the Shadow, they aren't enough below that temp. They seem to be a sort of nylon-neoprene glove with a polar fleece lining inside. I like that they are thin enough to feel the controls.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-16 2:07 PM (#1931 - in reply to #1930)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
82 here today, a chilly 66 for tonight,brrrr- but, mid 80's for the weekend-hope you guys stay warm- you are always welcome to come visit - ride baby ride!!!!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 5:09 AM (#1997 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
try some aviator gloves. they should be good, and you should be able to get your mitts on those mitts. DesertJim,,,,it's good to be the king isn't it?
Visioneer
Posted 2007-11-19 6:55 AM (#2003 - in reply to #1707)

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
Rode 50 miles yesterday in 40 degrees with only thin deerskin gloves on my hands and grips on low. My hands haven't been cold so far all the way down to 34 and I have poor circulation. Thicker / better insulated gloves would probably impede the heat conduction of the grips.
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-19 7:41 AM (#2008 - in reply to #1707)
Subject: RE: coldest ride

Visionary

Memphis
I agree with the thinner vs. thicker glove theory.  In fact, when it's cold, the only reason to have all five fingers on the grips is to keep them warm.  I have developed a super light feel for the steering just to keep from over-controlling.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 8:47 AM (#2013 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I've tried different gloves, and with the grip, thickness and tightness of the gloves, thinner is better. a light outer shell to deflect the wind, with a thin inner liner for warmth works pretty good.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-19 9:21 AM (#2018 - in reply to #1707)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Maybe I just have defective gloves or hands. Not sure which.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 9:36 AM (#2021 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
well if you didn't have a dr pepper in your hand.....Yup, your defective!
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-19 10:58 AM (#2022 - in reply to #2021)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Wifie and I are going on a 4 day ride starting thanksgiving morning - bad news on weather - going to be down in the 70's from our current 80's brrr-- might even have to break out some gloves you guys are talkin about - hope it doesn't snow or sumpin like that- I guess snow is that white stuff -

Buckeye, hope you can stay warm in your desert! I might even try some Dr Pepper POLLOLITTLE (sp)
is talkin about- What does POLLOLITTLE stand for? mean? nickname? I'll never offend you again (well maybe not) self admitted defective isn't good -

Edited by DesertJim 2007-11-19 10:59 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-19 12:40 PM (#2025 - in reply to #1707)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Please don't take that I thought you offended. Like I have stated before I have large sense of humor, be it dry, wet or British. If you can offend me I will be surprised. Please have a good time at my expense, I like to dish it as well as take it. If you have to apologize, I think that takes the fun out of it. I do understand there are some others that are not as rib friendly. DESERTJIM, you jumped in, I thought you might run or even ride a little further in dishing out a little ribbing. I do it all in fun.
As to the nickname, I will create another post and let everybody else also, explain over there. You are not the only person who has asked about it.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-19 1:16 PM (#2026 - in reply to #2025)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Poo - Touche! - I'm drier than the desert in sense of humor, you won't offend me, and I'm glad I won't offend you. Only thing I'm serious about is gettin out of the way from one of these Diamondback Rattlers I run into thats all coiled up and REAL serious about his attitude toward me.
I enjoy the ribbin back and forth, but as you well know, there are those that take offense to that in the tone of a post in these forums. And btw, I did get a good one at the Wedding, (enjoyed your response in another thread), the little woman did some real nice shinnin on the Vision. Even took her for a ride to the Dairy Queen far a small ice cream.

Ride Safe! 2800 and counting-
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-19 2:38 PM (#2033 - in reply to #1707)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I know nothing of Tone on a forum board. De'Sert how dare you! I think he wrote "POO", Administrator is that allowed? Dang lucky man to get a gudun at the wedding! Mine likes to ride, she no shININE, though! Why would you get her the small ice cream? Did she not deserve the super duper extremely large ICE CREAM with SPRINKLES, and the Chocolate Dip.

Ride Safe also, 3042 miles and counting.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-19 3:42 PM (#2036 - in reply to #1707)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
sprinkles and choclate dip are extra here in AZ, she was just real appreciative of what she got. I was a lucky guy toget er, she was the only one that could fit inta the Wedding dress from my first marraige, darn lucky I am!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-20 3:07 AM (#2080 - in reply to #1707)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
ice cream good....You know, I think we have covered just about every angle of this fricken bike already. I don't even care (sniffle) anymore.....WHERES MY BIKE? poop ...(no reference to Chicken little) Ha,,,thats still funny. "POOP!".....coffeeeee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™