You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

PCV Maps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

chgovision
Posted 2014-11-03 9:47 AM (#168549)
Subject: PCV Maps

Puddle Jumper

Chicago
Does anyone have the maps for a PCV after cam install of HOH-VM1-HP-DR: and install of these HOH-VM1-HPT-DR: and has anyone done a comparision of cost to install the later (clearancing). And I have been informed to NOT install the HOH-VM1-HPT-DR: unless i was willing to do a clutch upgrade which cost an additional $700-$800 with all the additional expense are the HOH-VM1-HPT-DR: cams worth it????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-11-03 10:40 AM (#168550 - in reply to #168549)
Subject: Re: PCV Maps

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
you mention the cams, but you Dont mention anything else.... do you have a top filter as well as the front performance filter? what mufflers do you have?
chgovision
Posted 2014-11-03 1:54 PM (#168552 - in reply to #168549)
Subject: RE: PCV Maps

Puddle Jumper

Chicago
I have the front filter with a stage 1 down load and Victory stage 1 pipes from dealer. No other mods.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-11-03 7:25 PM (#168554 - in reply to #168549)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well those maps are made for you NOT having a victory download map.... i had the victory fuel map on my last vision and when i installed the power commander on top of it . it ran too rich.. not extremely.. but rich is rich... so.. with you having the s1l1 map on top of that very specific setup, (cams) you might have a better chance finding a 4 leaf clover ..
diamonbird
Posted 2014-11-04 7:54 AM (#168557 - in reply to #168549)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
A downloaded map is specific to your upgrades and just a safe point that is generic to the upgrades. A fuel programer is what is needed to get the most out of your upgrades. A dyno tune is what is required to get the most out of your upgrades or by using a Auto Tune with a PCV programer is another way to get the most out of your upgrades....is it worth it...well only you can make that conclusion.
chgovision
Posted 2014-11-04 11:33 AM (#168558 - in reply to #168549)

Puddle Jumper

Chicago
I have and AUTOTUNE I am looking for a base map to start with and will DYNO it after install just seeking a good starting base.
kin52
Posted 2014-11-04 3:30 PM (#168559 - in reply to #168558)

Cruiser

Louisville, KY
I have the HPT cams as well as the top filter, arlen ness pipes, adjustable timing gear, reflashed ecm, Power comander 5 with autotune. I can send you my base map if you want. My clutch will definitely slip if I shift while accelerating hard.
I will be adding the barnett clutch fibers and S&S variable pressure plate this winter to try to knock out the slipping. I kind of thought with all of the people making these changes to the bikes now a package upgrade would come out for the clutch but I have not seen one yet. If you want to pm me and ask any questions feel free to do so and I'll try to help you out.

Chuck
diamonbird
Posted 2014-11-04 4:04 PM (#168560 - in reply to #168549)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
Well if you have the Auto Tune then just set the AFR to 13.7 across the board and go for a ride after you do that hook it up to your computer and accept the trims and if none of your tables have trims above 20 you're pretty much good to go but you should accept the trims after each ride until it's done trimming.
Turk
Posted 2014-11-05 7:00 AM (#168562 - in reply to #168549)

Iron Butt

No need to dyno or start with a specific map other than the "zero" map when you have the Autotune installed correctly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™