You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Recall for regulator / rectifier assembly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Visioneer
Posted 2007-11-09 6:53 AM (#1720)
Subject: Recall for regulator / rectifier assembly

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
I received a recall notice yesterday. The recall notice states "Victory has decided that a defect may exist in the regulator / rectifier assembly which may cause an overcharging condition. An overcharging situation in conjunction with a loose battery cable connection could cause the engine to stall."

Several weeks ago my Vision stalled on me in a very bad predicament and I went down. I was on the inside lane of a banked curve turning off onto a road that extends perpendicular from the outside apex of the curve. I had the stereo playing so I didn't hear the engine stall while I had the clutch depressed and was downshifting from fifth to second while the brakes were lightly applied. I rolled on the throttle as I let the clutch out and the rear wheel locked up and I immediately started skidding sideways due to the slope of the road and my angle of attack on the road. I didn't pull the clutch back in for fear of high-siding so I just rode it out.

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the tip over protection. I just kept my feet on the boards until I came to a stop. No damage to me and very little to the bike. There is a small scrape underneath the floorboard and I had to file a sharp edge off the rear tip-over point. The bike started right up after standing it back up.

I was on my way home and about 30 miles from the dealer when this happened. I had just had the 500 mile service performed. I called the dealer but they couldn't think of anything performed on the bike for the service that could have caused the stall. I was certain that the bike must have stalled but it hadn't done that in the first 500 miles. It has only stalled twice since then in an additional 1,200 miles. I had it back to the dealer to have it checked out but they didn't find a problem.

The second time that it stalled I was traveling along at about 55 and let off the throttle while depressing the clutch to downshift to fourth when I noticed that the tach dropped to 0 (I was watching now to avoid further surprises). I started the bike back up, let out the clutch and continued on my way. The third time was similar to the first in that I was downshifting through the gears while keeping the clutch compressed and applying light brake pressure. That time I heard the engine stall because I now have the Stage 1 kit installed. Again it started right back up.

I've taken the time to post this to encourage owners to have this checked on their bikes. An inopportune stall like my first one could be very dangerous.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
chahn1
Posted 2007-11-09 10:05 AM (#1721 - in reply to #1720)
Subject: RE: Recall for regulator / rectifier assembly

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
I received the same recall notice yesterday. I didn't think that much of it until i read your posting. Thanks for the info. I will have it looked at ASAP
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-09 1:39 PM (#1724 - in reply to #1720)
Subject: Re: Recall for regulator / rectifier assembly

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
whats the fix?
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-09 3:54 PM (#1727 - in reply to #1724)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
BUCKEYE - 2007-11-09 10:39 AM

whats the fix?

"replace the voltage regulator/rectifier and verify both battery cables are properly tightened on all effected vehicles."

Buckeye - I can email you or any one else the letter if you want to leave me your email address as a PM
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-09 8:26 PM (#1734 - in reply to #1721)

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
chahn1 - 2007-11-09 10:05 AM

I received the same recall notice yesterday. I didn't think that much of it until i read your posting. Thanks for the info. I will have it looked at ASAP

Yea, I got the notice today, and like chahn1, I didn't think too much of it till I read this post. Thanks for sharing.
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-10 4:12 AM (#1735 - in reply to #1720)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Visioneer,

Great post. Thanks for informing everyone of this serious issue. Keep up the good work.

Ride safe.

Radioteacher
motivepower
Posted 2007-11-10 7:18 AM (#1737 - in reply to #1720)

Puddle Jumper

http://motorcycleviews.com/recalls/rec07v510000.htm
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-10 11:22 AM (#1741 - in reply to #1720)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Visioneer - 2007-11-09 6:53 AM
Several weeks ago my Vision stalled on me in a very bad predicament and I went down. I

I didn't pull the clutch back in for fear of high-siding so I just rode it out.

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the tip over protection. I just kept my feet on the boards until I came to a stop. No damage to me and very little to the bike.

Shoot man, I am glad you, and the Vision are okay. You'd heal, but it might have been awhile
before you got another vision. Just kidding, seriously, I am glad you are okay.

Herb
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™