You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radio and Warranty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Vsion
Posted 2008-09-22 9:57 PM (#18608)
Subject: Radio and Warranty

Cruiser

Southeast, AZ United States
Well here's the deal...over the past several months on three different occasions, my radio will lock up. The display will not change, the controls on the console and handle bar will not change anything and Icom quits working. If you turn the ignition switch off and back on, after the system re-boots all will work fine, until the next time. I've had the most recent re-flash done of the software for the comm system too.

I took it into the dealer and explained the problems to them, no problem they say, they'll submit a warranty claim to Victory and get a replacement radio (they've replaced a couple already). I got a phone call today and Victory tells the dealer that they'll send new handle bar control switches for the radio. Their explanation is that in the early bikes they used stainless contacts or something like that and the connections get galled (sounded like crap to me) causing them not to work. They are not going to send another radio until after the new switches are tried.

So has anyone else experience this similar issue and how was it resolved?

I appreciate your responses.

Ride Safe,

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-09-22 10:42 PM (#18614 - in reply to #18608)
Subject: Re: Radio and Warranty

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Mine plays "starts in whatever mode it feels like when I turn on the bike. Sometimes AUX, sometimes FM, etc. regardless of what mode it was in when I shut down the bike.
varyder
Posted 2008-09-22 10:59 PM (#18617 - in reply to #18614)
Subject: Re: Radio and Warranty

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
And the beat goes on. I have an occasional issue with mine in that it will be on the last setting prior to the one I had it on when I turned it off. That is if it was on the radio at a volume level, say 10, and then I put it on iPod and the volume level is say 15 and then I shut it off. When I start again it will be back at the radio and the volume level. I'm still on v4 and need to get it updated.
vtwin17
Posted 2008-09-26 9:02 PM (#19030 - in reply to #18608)
Subject: RE: Radio and Warranty

Cruiser

Northern RI
mine stayed on after the bike was shut off. problem started after adding CB. Victory replacing radio. They state "compatibility issue"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™