You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stage I Exhaust Question (probably dumb)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Pops
Posted 2015-01-09 7:50 PM (#169384)
Subject: Stage I Exhaust Question (probably dumb)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Howdy,

Does the Vision Stage I (called Level I on their web-page) Exhaust come with the fluted (Gatling) tips?

It clearly shows the fluted tips in the picture.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/exhaust/v1...

The list price is $699. That's why I ask the question. Seems a great price if the tips are included.

Thanks All,

Edited by Pops 2015-01-09 7:51 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nailer
Posted 2015-01-10 12:51 PM (#169387 - in reply to #169384)
Subject: RE: Stage I Exhaust Question (probably dumb)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
No, they are not included. $300 new from victory. You can find them cheaper on eBay or used.
Pops
Posted 2015-01-10 4:52 PM (#169388 - in reply to #169384)
Subject: Re: Stage I Exhaust Question (probably dumb)

Cruiser

Yea, I thought that was a ridiculously low price IF it included the tips with the pipes.

Thanks,
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-01-10 5:05 PM (#169389 - in reply to #169384)

Visionary

better check I don't think they will fit your year
Pops
Posted 2015-01-10 7:07 PM (#169390 - in reply to #169389)

Cruiser

johnnyvision - 2015-01-10 6:05 PM

better check I don't think they will fit your year

Tips or Stage I pipes?

Either way, mine's a '14 and the link above is from their current web-page.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-01-11 5:41 AM (#169394 - in reply to #169384)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
the tips do not fit your year...that is unless you do what i did with my 2011 and MAKE THEM FIT...... i took my tips off of my 08 and put them on my 11 with stock mufflers... BUT if you are going put on the S1L1 MUFFLERS on, then it doesn't matter anyways as they would fit..

btw i made mine fit on the oem stock mufflers with the use of a dremel.. it wasnt hard at all. then i eventually put the s1l1 back on my bike...
Pops
Posted 2015-01-11 9:45 AM (#169395 - in reply to #169384)

Cruiser

Well.................thanks Arkainzeye and Johnny. You've explained it better than the dealer's folks could.

I'm still up-in-the-air on which pipes to choose. I want to keep the bike mostly stock and somewhat quiet. I just want a little more sound.

I can get a great deal on the Stage I pipes from my dealer. So I'm thinking that's the way I should go.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-01-11 5:27 PM (#169397 - in reply to #169384)

Visionary

s1l1's are not much louder then stock. Its really hard to tell you spent money on pipes that are just a little louder.
If you want some noise but not where people will hate you I would do S2L2
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-01-11 5:47 PM (#169399 - in reply to #169384)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
s1l1 is louder when you "get on it" and here is something else too.. i have owned (2) victory visions.. when i had my 08 , i had the s1l1 mufflers... i traded it in and brought home the 2011.. so i had a instant comparison.. the very next day, i started the 2011 in the drive way, and you could barely hear it in my house... after a few weeks i put my s1l1 on the 2011.. when i started it and went in the house, i was able to hear it and "feel" the rumble in the house at idle.. so while the s1l1 is not "get yourself in trouble with the law loud", there is a difference. i had the s1l1 on my 08 for 3 years and when i went to a vision without it. i was instantly able to compare.. the one thing i like about the s1l1 is it kinda of masks some of the engine noises.. i seriously doubt i would ever go louder.. and here is why.. 1) inspect laws. (getting more and more strict) 2) i actually listen to my radio A LOT and dont need it covered by the exhaust 3) and this is subjective. i believe if im on one of my cross country trips. after a while you might be thinking to yourself... ok Enough already.. lol lol .. i must be getting older.... =( wish i could find my photos from when i CUT my end caps off my Stock 2011 mufflers to fit the gatlin tips...... also btw. i have had the gatlin tips for 6 years now, and STILL they get compliments !!!
el spanky
Posted 2015-01-11 6:29 PM (#169401 - in reply to #169384)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
What Arkainzeye said!! I have stage 1. As they break in they get louder. YEAP You can hear and feel inside the house. I too listen to XM radio ALOT!! IF I change I'll go to HOTVIC or BUTWICHDOCTORS and get all in one and do away with the cat.
Pops
Posted 2015-01-11 6:42 PM (#169402 - in reply to #169384)

Cruiser

Thanks for the comments and info.

I rode a Cross Country and a Vision at the last demo event here. According to the demo-man, the Cross Country had the tri-ovals with the stage I. The sound was perfect and just what I wanted. I rode the Vision with the stage I and the sound was not as mellow. It was a bit louder than my stock Vision. The CC had a completely different sound than the stage 1 Vision. Wondering if the demo-man's info was accurate. Perhaps the Vision's big fairing made a difference.

I do long distance and listen to the iPod (through the speakers) a lot. With winter clothes on/helmet liner, my Vision gives me a decent rumble. But, with summer clothes on, my Vision sounds to me like I'm sitting across a Craftsman air-compressor.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™