You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

LED Headlight conversion
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2015-02-14 9:25 AM (#169828)
Subject: LED Headlight conversion

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I'm contemplating replacing my halogens (I don't have HIDs) with LED H4s but would like your input.

Has anyone done this?

Whats the Wattage/Lumens/Color Temp of your conversion?

Any heat issues? ? I see some come with built-in fans but wonder if that's just a gimmick. Other come with aluminum or copper heatsinks.

Any spacing issues? I know things are a tight fit up in there.

Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-02-14 10:41 AM (#169830 - in reply to #169828)
Subject: Re: LED Headlight conversion

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Now I have not done this. But recentry I've been looking Into alot of lighting options for my car. And one of the sites (I'm looking for it ) the was a faq section where someone asked about making the healing on their car all leds.. and the maker suggested of your car didn't come with them that to Not use leds for the head light , but instead just got the day time running lights and the turn signals... but they didn't say why.. I just noted that they said "if your car didn't already come with them".. then I noted other comments where they suggested alot greater options for your cars headlight IF you have projection lens... I'm not expert . But I'm guessing it had something to do with how it focuses the beam??
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-02-14 5:32 PM (#169841 - in reply to #169828)

Visionary

the ones I have been looking at
http://www.amazon.com/New-Brights-LED-Headlight-Conversion/dp/B00HF...
Don07tncav
Posted 2015-02-15 5:09 AM (#169842 - in reply to #169828)

Cruiser

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-b... I've got a set of the older version of these on my Vstrom and am seriously thinking about a set of this version for my Vision. But I was worried about space in the faring area for them.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-02-16 4:54 PM (#169850 - in reply to #169828)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Just asking, would going to 80/100 OSRAM Bulb be a option? Osram is the company that makes our HID light... i have a few kawasaki riders that did this.. one of them has a vulcan 900 C and it had a whimpy headlight.. he put a osram 80/100 bulb in it and not he doesn't worry about seeing at night.. and its really cheap .. i think he claimed its less than $10 or maybe it was $15 .. better than $40-$50-$60 a bulb going other routes.. and even then NO guarantee the most expensive ones will even provide the solution you were looking for ... especially when i read alot of those work alot better in a Projection style housing..
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-02-16 5:21 PM (#169851 - in reply to #169828)

Visionary

here is how to take bike apart
https://victoryhid.com/VictoryHID%20-%20Vision%20Install%20Notes.pdf
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™