You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

X-1 INTRO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

olekneedragger
Posted 2015-03-08 11:53 AM (#170113)
Subject: X-1 INTRO

Puddle Jumper

I just don't get it. I'm sure the people in marketing are counting on flashy paint, a good stereo and a 21 inch front wheel to give sales a bump, but does it make it go faster or handle better? To me, the engine, braking and suspension of a motorcycle are primary concerns, after that I'd like a few functional accessories (i.e. BLUETOOTH across the board) and only after that am I concerned with style and bling. I really don't like the CCT as much as the Vision so styling accounts for something, but it doesn't account for everything. How about giving us the 106 in a more pissed off state of tune or a supercharged Victory straight from the factory. Now that gets my blood flowing. WOO HOO!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V92SC
Posted 2015-03-08 2:39 PM (#170117 - in reply to #170113)
Subject: Re: X-1 INTRO

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
I like the new X 11 and will probably sell more in it's 1st year than the Vision. The XC bikes and all of it's iterations have been a home run for Victory. Victory already has a solid handling frame and a solid engine so putting more bling to get foot traffic on the showroom floor is a solid proven move. Lets face it the average heavy cruiser buyer is more concerned over having more Wow factor than refined engineering as it relates to performance. Victorys' current cruiser platform is at least as good if not superior to all other platform s out there today and probably will be for some time to come. What I would like to see from Ma Vic is XC forks and a new liquid engine for the Vision before it gers left in the dust by all of the other heavy touring rigs including H D. Better yet a reengineering of the way the body panels attach to the bike cause the current way sucks big time. Vic and indian need to listen and look more closely to the styling cue of the mild custom world and ,like H D mimick them.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-03-08 4:00 PM (#170120 - in reply to #170117)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I'm sure the X1 will sell because there are a lot of cruiser buyers who are all about the Bling and Wow factor first and foremost. It does nothing for me, and I am not interested in the X1 at all.

Now, if it had come with superior handling, and low 12 second at 110 MPH performance in the quarter mile, I would be all over it. Until then, I'm quite happy with my current Vision, even though it can only run 12.60s @ 105, and it is still the most comfortable long distance bike I have ever owned.

Ronnie
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-03-08 4:02 PM (#170121 - in reply to #170113)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i agree to a point, i dont care about very Busy looking paint... but i also know im not considered your average consumer.. I think more flash is what some people have been complaining victory never really had.. (fit and finish) now its No Screaming Weasel as far as every little bolt being chrome or what not.. Now as far as going faster, that is something i also dont care about.. i do have the s1l1 with top filter and pc5 & auto tuner, but i did this for better throttle response and sound.. i know im also not in the average mind set on this as well. but for me owning a 900lbs touring bike, speed was never something i was concerned about.. Good Torque, and passing power is all i wanted. i had my share of sportbikes and even a 125 ci cruiser.. Even though Victory has improved their radio.. i feel they have a long long way to go.. when you see Harleys newest efforts with their digital touch screen radios.. it makes the victory look like a radio from the 1990's.. My visions radio i consider barely passable.. and the only reason i dont completely hate it is, i stream via bluetooth, mp3s, pandora... aside from that.. its features are pretty lame.. thank god my samsung s5 is water resistant and i can use it as my gps and entertainment system.. (64gb memory card for lots of tunes) i pretty much just use the visions radio as a amp for my cellphone.. lol
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-08 6:15 PM (#170124 - in reply to #170113)

Visionary

guess I don't under stand the louder radio. I like music but going down the road and listening to the sound of the air and the bike is plenty music to me.
If I'm in a group and there is some one with loud pipes or music I'll ride a head of them or fall way back. Its like when we stop some place and there is that one guy that leaves his radio on and loud. I'll tell him to turn it down were hit to visit not here for a bad radio concert.
Loud exhaust and music does not save lives.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2015-03-08 6:16 PM (#170125 - in reply to #170113)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
It'll be a hit. It's what the crowd wants. And they are willing to pay thru the nose for it. 24.5K That's the crazy part! A CCT or a Vision is cheaper!!
el spanky
Posted 2015-03-08 9:12 PM (#170127 - in reply to #170113)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I like it for what it is!! Nice looking!!
olekneedragger
Posted 2015-03-08 11:56 PM (#170128 - in reply to #170113)

Puddle Jumper

I'm sure the Magnum X-1 will sell. It has a lot of bling and also has that ugly fugly bat wing fairing similar to a Harley. It just isn't a bike that I would lust after like I would an Aprilia Tuono, a BMW K1600GTL or a Ducati Diavel, All 3 of those bikes have schweet motors with sexy exhaust notes and lots of power. I like. I own Polaris stock and on the latest conference call they said year over year sales of motorcycles were up 50% mostly due to Indian coming on board. Motorcycle sales are only a small part of Polaris, but it was enough to bump the stock $20 in just about a month. WOO HOO!

As for power, I am older than dirt, I no longer feel the need to pin the throttle at every stop light, but I still like to pick and choose my spots to scrape floorboards with the big boned girl or embarrass show offs who think they are baaaad cuz they have a squeamish chicken or squealing piglet package. Stock engine runs out of breath around 4000, so it doesn't do much for me. The VM-1 cams are longer duration but about the same lift as stock, so it is like riding a very large, slow turning sport bike. It is a HOOT to take off side by side with an unsuspecting sport bike and hang with him past 100 MPH. They're used to seeing all the noise makers with no horsepower and it surprises some of the guys to see a Victory, M-109 or a Triumph Rocket III with enough power to get out of its own way.

I'm not quite ready for an electric power scooter to cruise around the local Wal-Mart, so give me POWER.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-03-09 11:10 AM (#170132 - in reply to #170128)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
olekneedragger - 2015-03-08 11:56 PM

As for power, I am older than dirt, I no longer feel the need to pin the throttle at every stop light, but I still like to pick and choose my spots to scrape floorboards with the big boned girl or embarrass show offs who think they are baaaad cuz they have a squeamish chicken or squealing piglet package. Stock engine runs out of breath around 4000, so it doesn't do much for me. The VM-1 cams are longer duration but about the same lift as stock, so it is like riding a very large, slow turning sport bike. It is a HOOT to take off side by side with an unsuspecting sport bike and hang with him past 100 MPH. They're used to seeing all the noise makers with no horsepower and it surprises some of the guys to see a Victory, M-109 or a Triumph Rocket III with enough power to get out of its own way.

I'm not quite ready for an electric power scooter to cruise around the local Wal-Mart, so give me POWER.

That makes two of us. I also come from a sport bike background and even though I don't do it often anymore, I want POWER when I get to feeling frisky. My crew has "graduated" from sport bikes to luxury touring bikes, and we still "get the urge" once in awhile. I have to have enough power to put Goldwings in their place. I have it.

The new X-1 Magnum probably does not.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2015-03-09 11:11 AM
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2015-03-09 2:11 PM (#170134 - in reply to #170113)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
I'll take a leftover 2014 XCT at a big discount any day. I don't need the bling and too old to be trying to impress the young girls anymore.
V92SC
Posted 2015-03-09 6:19 PM (#170135 - in reply to #170113)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
The last quarter of 2014 Victory sales fell 12% and were down single digit for the year according to the Ride Apart article I raed last night. Victory has recently launched and canceled several models that were sales flops after 2 year runs. The company can't survive like that. Victory has put alot of advertising and R&D into twist on the XC platfom , at the expense of our beloved Vision, because XC sales are keeping the doors open and the lights on at the dealerships. I was optimistic when the CEO hinted that Indian would cover the traditionalist and Victory would go in another more
high performance direction. But until those change products and components to be developed products like other iteration of the XC bike will continue to be pushed. My hope is that maybe just maybe the powers that be consider some major evolutionary redesign of the VV real soon to keep the lines only real tourer a viable option to the other fixed faring mounts.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™