You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Ness Vision at Sturgis 2007
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

RedRider
Posted 2007-11-09 1:30 PM (#1723)
Subject: Ness Vision at Sturgis 2007

Visionary

Well I posted 2 pics in my gallery "BlueOx USA". One of Arlen's and one of Corey's. The pics do not do them justice.
I only have a few but they are too big to post but these show the most.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-11-09 4:18 PM (#1728 - in reply to #1723)
Subject: Re: Ness Vision at Sturgis 2007

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Beautiful bikes, great photos! Mind if we use them on the front page Jeff?
radioteacher
Posted 2007-11-10 4:15 AM (#1736 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
BlueOx,

Great pictures! How was Sturgis from a Victory point of veiw?

Paul
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-10 10:40 AM (#1740 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Whats the point of putting bike pics up there for guys that don't even show up here. Unless I am mistaken I haven't seen a Ness reference in name or username. I could be wrong. Don't want to run off those guys if they are here. But maybe rotate through the pictures that guys have posted up on your website. We are the ones using your bandwidth. I have limited funds, but if I can get my Embroidery / artistic Painting wife to do some custom work I am sure I can come up with something that reflects me / we and what we stand for. But of course your site. Do what you like? Choice? All yours.
RedRider
Posted 2007-11-13 6:23 AM (#1788 - in reply to #1723)
Subject: RE: Ness Vision at Sturgis 2007

Visionary

I have no problems with putting the pics on the front page. I posted to share.
The bikes are really beautiful. I only wish I could have gotten more pics and more details. I have heard that Cory's son will be doing a custom Vic for next year.

How is Victory at Sturgis? Always a great time, great people and fun. I have been going since 2000. I remember that year from the fact that Mark Blackwell was riding right in front of me on his Victory. (I am sure someone will find fault in that but not me) Mark and his people enjoy talking to everyone. Everytime I thank Mark for the great time he ALWAYS states that it was his people that did the work. I am impressed with a "boss" like that. I won 2 leather Victory jackets and a chrome master cylinder cover over the years. I don't care for the 4 pm get together they tried this year. But I figure some drunk whiners complained it was too early to get there for 1? It's great to talk with Arlen and Corey Ness and see what they show for the future (sorry I can't remember the grandson's name) If all goes as planned this year I want to buy my Vision this spring and go to the Grand Canyon and up the west coast and over to Sturgis. That will leave about 11 states for me to ride in to complete the 48.

Is there any post on this site that wouldn't get someone whining? Let's see how this works? Bad mouth Ness and promote your wife? Good business sense there.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-13 8:40 AM (#1790 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Not whining per se, just like to see other bikes that people here are being reflected. I posted mine to share also, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I don't believe I was saying to bad mouth Ness or his bunch don't know them or really anything about them. But if you / webowner are wanting to make a community based environment that reflects the folks that show up on here and try to share what they know and generally chit chat (which makes the forum what it is), then why not make it somewhat personal. Sure run through some of the totally cool custom bikes, that are really awesome and put them up there. I would have to say I am not the most photogenic person so I don't really care if my mug is on the front page. I was merely suggesting an idea to make it community based. It the general consensus wants only the Ness or Victory Showbikes on the front page, then so be it.
But why is it you almost always see a Readers Rides page (much like the Gallery Section here) where guys send in whatever the have just cuz' their proud of what they managed to put together based on their funds. My bike will remain totally stock for a long time, I just don't have the expendable bike funds to mod it all crazy or cool, based on preference. I don't believe anywhere in there I said bad mouth the Ness folks or even oust them at all. I do realize they have outlets and money to create accessories for the bikes we ride. Sure put their picture up there too. I am also sure that the guys that post their pictures up here are just as proud as the next rider.
Don't believe I made mention to business sense or any other money related item?
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-11-13 9:55 AM (#1792 - in reply to #1723)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I'd be glad to post photos from both of you–as long as it is composed well and represents the spirit of this site.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-14 8:12 AM (#1816 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Thank you JAM for being so considerent. I found myself going to the homepage first just to see what new pics you have put there. Like the bike with the water behind it. Somebody took a good shot of it. I'll go back and roll over picture to see what it is. Evolution is good.
mike s
Posted 2007-11-14 12:37 PM (#1827 - in reply to #1723)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
Hey! That's my Vision!!!

I think she had about 150 miles on her then. It's slowly becoming a tradition with me where the first ride I take after bring a new ride home is up to Reed Bingham State park. There are some nice roads along the way that allow me to get a feel for the handling of the bike. There's also some nice scenery for snapping a few pics...
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-14 1:24 PM (#1830 - in reply to #1827)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Jam - If you put Pollo's bike with him on it can you edit out his face or whole body ! That would be great! I would like to see images as family friendly!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-14 3:45 PM (#1837 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I think I just got offended again! Can't we all just get along ( oh yeah nevermind I addressed that already). Anybody else wanna jump on the bandwagon, I am trying to stay focused. Better yet, I think I am going to take my toys and play elsewhere. Where's Buckeye and his buddy, I need somebody to exchange bashing, oh nevermind, I see DesertJim has decided to step into the Fray. Well, Do you feel Lucky, PUNK, Gotta ask yourself did I hear five or six shots. Well!!!!!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-14 3:48 PM (#1838 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Mike S, Hope you don't mind having the other famous bike on the front page and being the first, hope you enjoy it. Only one of us gets to be FIRST. It was good for me. Good shot of the bike. Any mods to it? I don't see any visible ones.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-14 4:40 PM (#1839 - in reply to #1838)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Speaking of mods - Purchased (prepaid) for the whole audio package, but was told this week the audio harness needed for all this stuff is now on a December 1 ship date-

and actually pollo you are kinda cute - goin to be lookin good on the front page!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-14 5:33 PM (#1842 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Hopefully, DesertJim is short for "Dessert J", who is good looking, a WOMAN, and exceptional eye candy, and 20 something carbon dating wise! Otherwise, I think I may start to feel kinda dirty. May have to rethink this whole post a picture idea.
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-14 11:03 PM (#1851 - in reply to #1842)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Jeff,

Jeff was right. If you put Po's Vision up instead of the Ness' , I'm outta here. After all...it looks no where near as good at Arlen and Cory's bikes. Furthermore , he's never going to design any custom parts for us , but the Ness' will. I feel better now.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 7:34 AM (#1861 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Anybody else? I'm kinda starting to feel a little beat up or OFFENDED Again. Dang, make one comment and let the bash fest begin. Feelin' a little full of testosterone, Anyone, Anyone?
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-15 7:46 AM (#1862 - in reply to #1861)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
PO,

Relax. It's just a bit of hazing from the Victory Vets. I love evryone's Vic equally, except for some.LOL
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 8:27 AM (#1867 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Relax, I have had my morning caffeine, (Dr. Pepper, eating some Dark Chocolate), just starting to get wired. However, I am on a teleconference which is haveing the propensity for me to search out my Pillow. Last time I checked Hazing was outlawed, discouraged, not allowed. Oh Yeah, that was on the other sister site. Over here Hazing is allowed, which I keep getting Offended about (JAM i'm kidding) but for the rest of you I'M OFFENDED!
luzzy, last time I checked my keyboard has spent more time on this board, rambling than your keys. I thought you could only Haze from the top down. Meaning, If I have been here longer, I get to Haze in your direction not the other way around. I must have missed this class.
If I actually get offended by someone other than my wife, I will be amazed. In the meantime I will try to stay Focused and Offended.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 8:29 AM (#1868 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Luzzy, you post any Pics yet, I wonder if you even know what a bike is or have you received yours yet. 2700 miles so far.
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-15 9:44 AM (#1872 - in reply to #1868)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Po,

Perhaps you forgot my Video of my stage one installed with sound and pics of the bike apart for the install. FYI - I think I was the 2nd or 3rd person to join this site. Me and the Webmaster(s) go wayyyyyy back....just ask him. Yes my Cherry Red Tour has about 1500 miles on it.But in the past 9 years I've had the opportunity to ride alot more than that on Vic's...especially on the 124th motorcycle that Victory built. Apologies accepted
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 10:09 AM (#1875 - in reply to #1723)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I just figured that was a somebody else's bike. Yes, I remember the bike being apart, haven't seen any lately of it being back together. I'm not sure that two round rocks and a piece of lumber constitute a bike, but hey to each his own. So what was this 124th moto? Since I haven't apologized yet, apologies not accepted. I duly now respectfully and dully apologize to such a senior member of such site and will continue to accept my hazing until such time that I have earned Respectable status of Seniority to be able to Haze other members.
by the way the Stage 1 sounded a little high pitch for my liking coming through my laptop speakers, so I didn't put a lot of weight in it.
luzzy
Posted 2007-11-15 10:25 AM (#1881 - in reply to #1875)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
I put some pics in the gallery..prepare for the onslaught...now I'm going to put all my Vic pics there.(more later) Buy bigger speakers...

Yes a handful of us here are VERY senior in the Vic Community - I will continue the hazing as needed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™