You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Got mine!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

metalguy
Posted 2007-11-11 12:04 AM (#1747)
Subject: Got mine!

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Everyone, I got my Vision Last night! Hinshaw's Motorcycle store hooked me up with a midnight cherry Premium street, and ordered the trunk for the price of a tour! So I have my Vision, and am awaiting a trunk. I just have to say...I LOVE it! Just over 80 miles on it after today's gentle riding. As fortune would have it, today was NOT raining, and was sunny, with a high of about 53 degrees! The grips and heated seat got turned on after we reached down into the 40's, and kept me toasty. My girlfriend was of course, on the pillion the whole time, and we both had a blast. I keep playing with the controls, scrolling through the menus, and seeing the mileage rise. I know it will be low until it breaks in all the way, but was 38.7 as the best I had today. Descent for a bike just wearing in. I will take pics soon, and am hoping for some nice days to ride, altho winter is WET here....I will keep you posted!
------Metalguy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-11 12:51 AM (#1748 - in reply to #1747)
Subject: RE: Got mine!

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Alright, Metalguy!  Told you that you would love it!  It just gets better and better.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-11 8:29 PM (#1761 - in reply to #1747)
Subject: Re: Got mine!

Visionary

Brighton, TN
You did exactly what I did. I went ahead and too the street version and ordered the tour pac for the same price as the tour. Just waiting on the Tour Pac. Can't wait. I have over 2500 miles on mine and rode again today with the wife. Had a blast. She loves riding. thank goodness.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-13 12:35 PM (#1795 - in reply to #1747)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I have only about 100 miles on mine so far, and it has already been a wonderful experience. My Girlfriend just LOVES the bike, and will ride with me any time now! On my old Shadow, she would, but ANY inclement weather made her balk at it. Now, in comfort, she will hop on any time I wanna go. (Yesterday was a no-go, with rain and winds over 90 MPH in places!) So I had to take yesterday off... I did ride in to work today, with the temp. reading at 41 degrees. I even had to put the grips on "high". Gawd, i LOVE this bike!----Metalguy
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-13 3:26 PM (#1801 - in reply to #1747)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
You poor, poor thing. Actually had to flip a switch to "HIGH", to have comfy hands. REAL MEN, wouldn't reach that far, to turn on such an archaic device. Dude, don't know how I ever manage to live without that little switch. Love mine, use it a lot, might have failure in the grips and seat before I ever do on the motor.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-13 3:44 PM (#1802 - in reply to #1747)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Yah, I had to reach over there, and actually flip that switch...I almost spilled my coffee! LOL! I know on my Shadow, when I installed the grip heaters inside the bars, it was one of the best mods I ever did to that bike! My Vision is juuuust staring to get broken in more. It just gets a bit more power every time I ride it...And yes, I may end up wearing out that heat system WAY before I do the engine!
Spock
Posted 2007-11-14 12:47 AM (#1808 - in reply to #1795)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
Just wondering; how thick of gloves did you have on, did you need leathers on the legs with all the fairing protection?

-----------------------
Craig
Tour premium on order

metalguy - 2007-11-13 11:35 AM

I have only about 100 miles on mine so far, and it has already been a wonderful experience. My Girlfriend just LOVES the bike, and will ride with me any time now! On my old Shadow, she would, but ANY inclement weather made her balk at it. Now, in comfort, she will hop on any time I wanna go. (Yesterday was a no-go, with rain and winds over 90 MPH in places!) So I had to take yesterday off... I did ride in to work today, with the temp. reading at 41 degrees. I even had to put the grips on "high". Gawd, i LOVE this bike!----Metalguy
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-14 3:36 AM (#1811 - in reply to #1747)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
you just keep rubbing it in, don't you!
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-14 3:09 PM (#1834 - in reply to #1747)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I did need leathers on my legs at the 41-43 degrees, yes. This morning was the same temp, and I tried the seat on "high". it was fine on the freeway, but in town I had to switch to "low" as it was cooking my butt! My gloves are thin, waterproof, windproof with only polar fleece for warmth. The fairing seems to do well at keeping my hands protected. Of course, The mirrors make my hands plain to see....I do wish they stuck out a bit more tho! ----Metalguy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™