You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rode one yesterday
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Bubba
Posted 2007-11-11 10:47 AM (#1750)
Subject: Rode one yesterday

Cruiser

Went to Randy's cycle in Huntley ILL yesterday on my Hammer S. Was about 40 degrees when I left. Just rode up to chew some fat (Randy is a super guy). Standing around he throws me the keys to a Vision Street. He shows me some of the basic stuff, then says ride it for however long you want. Felt a tad strange at first, as with most bikes that are not yours. Did around 50 miles. Now, I do not know much about these bikes so I am comparing it to my Hammers, TCD, and 00C.

After the fist few miles, I started to really like the seating position.
Loved the electric windshield.
He had the heated seat on it, a must have if riding when cold. It was very comfy with great back support. Is the stock seat as good?
Very little wind on lower body, great when cold, maybe not so good when hot.
Played with the FM radio, when I had a station, the sound was good. Need an I Pod or a better antenna though.
Very smooth tranny, shifted easily
Handling was great for a big bike! Did not feel top heavy like my TC with Fairing and Pizza box on rear.
He had the quiet Stage 2 mufflers on it, a little quiet for my liking. It did have some popping on decel from high RPM's. maybe some tweaking is needed.
First impression... I like it and wanted to just keep riding. This bike was made for the long hall.
The only thing I did not like was the whirling noise at low RPM, heard mostly at idle and first and second gear. Is that because the engine is enclosed?

Great bike! I could see Police departments getting interested in this bike, much better option IMO.
Randy tells me that he has taken 4 Goldwings and 2 H.D. Ultras on trade so far for bikes that he will be getting in March.
I am still not over the looks, but I am sure it might take some time.

Very Nice!!!

Frank Coletto
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WillieByte
Posted 2007-11-11 12:20 PM (#1751 - in reply to #1750)
Subject: Re: Rode one yesterday

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
Well Bubba,

Randy's is a LOT farther than another victory dealer is from where I live BUT....
I did pay the man a deposit for delivery of a midnight cherry street premium to be tentatively delivered next June.
I went to Randy because the place is all motorcycle stuff and Randy has an excellent reputation.
I believe he has taken deposits on more than his allotment of visions for the next year but he is upfront about it and that is all one could ask. I went to a closer dealer to "look around" prior to visiting Randy's but was so turned off I decided to travel the extra 50 miles or so because I figured that the 20 grand plus I will end up forking over should go into the hand of a person I felt was there because he loves the business. It is apparent that others feel the same way as his reputation is solid and he has satisfied customers.

I know that the deal will work out and he will deliver when he can even if early June delivery is beyond his control. Others here suggest that we stay on top of our dealers for delivery. NAHHHHHHH I gave the man my deposit and he knows which of his customers get bikes first. I'm new to him. On the other hand, my deposit is for a June delivery. I think that Victory and their dealers deliver all they can as soon as they can to keep the cash flow going in the desired direction.

It'll be the first new toy in years and years. Come on JUNE.... or July or August. Reversing the direction of the cash flow would be such a drastic and final EWWWWWWWWWWW.... don't even think about it WillieByte SMACK

signed,
Another new but already loyal Customer

Bubba
Posted 2007-11-12 7:34 AM (#1765 - in reply to #1750)
Subject: RE: Rode one yesterday

Cruiser

Cant agree with you more about Randy, I purchased my Hammer S from him.
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-11-12 11:08 AM (#1770 - in reply to #1750)

Cruiser

hey bubba(frankie) tommy d here
i was glad to see you made the site. Randy is saying now possible date maybe march!!!!
he has my ultra ther and i am biting at the bit to get the new one. randy is a great guy, so is rod and the rest of the group. they think the world of you also.
I agree with willie byte that it is no big deal, who cares Randy can keep the bike
and i can have all the do dads put on it. i ordered the black tour premium with many up
grades. hope to see you soon guys tommy d
Bubba
Posted 2007-11-12 12:03 PM (#1771 - in reply to #1770)

Cruiser

chitowntom03 - 2007-11-12 10:08 AM

hey bubba(frankie) tommy d here
i was glad to see you made the site. Randy is saying now possible date maybe march!!!!
he has my ultra ther and i am biting at the bit to get the new one. randy is a great guy, so is rod and the rest of the group. they think the world of you also.
I agree with willie byte that it is no big deal, who cares Randy can keep the bike
and i can have all the do dads put on it. i ordered the black tour premium with many up
grades. hope to see you soon guys tommy d

Tommy D how the heck are U??? March would be great!!! Season just gets going. But heck when you load everything on yours, you could probably get through snow!!!
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-11-12 2:01 PM (#1776 - in reply to #1750)

Cruiser

frank, you sold me on the victory. you know i have been hd for 40 years
so for me to make the change the bike, owners, service and total package had to be the best. so, it is because of you i am here at Randys and i am very happy with the Huntley group. See you for a coffee soon .
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-12 9:47 PM (#1785 - in reply to #1750)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Feelin' kinda left out of the coffee group, must be the distance. Glad you fellas, know of each other, seems like most of us are a good ways from each other.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-13 1:47 AM (#1787 - in reply to #1750)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
no word on my bike yet.
Bubba
Posted 2007-11-13 7:50 AM (#1789 - in reply to #1785)

Cruiser

pollolittle - 2007-11-12 8:47 PM

Feelin' kinda left out of the coffee group, must be the distance. Glad you fellas, know of each other, seems like most of us are a good ways from each other.

I met Tom at a local riding group that we both belong too. When I first met him he had a H.D. Springer that was spotless, that he had when I rode back from Iowa with him. Tom's bikes are always in Show room condition and are perfect in every way. The difference is that he actually puts miles on them.

I have been a member of this group for 5 or 6 years and have enjoyed being the only Vic rider. Now Tom has to go and ruin everything and purchase the mother load Vic with every possible option. Can't wait to see the new ride!!! Actually I am thinking in a couple of years when he selling it I'd buy it. I am sure it would be PERFECT!!!!
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-11-13 9:49 AM (#1791 - in reply to #1750)

Cruiser

Frank,Pollo and guys, it seems as though we will all meet up soon on a vision/
victory ride. I still am a member of the Hheritage Springer Owners Association and rode to
Gatlinburg with 45 other bikes in August. frank i still have the property in tenn on the cumberland plateau, so i will seemeet up with Pollo in tenn when i retire.
i have been looking for a second springer, but have to wait until my i find the correct one, i miss that bike. see ya down the road. and i also still do not have my bike. but no problem it will be here some day.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™