You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

dead battery
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Tazfan
Posted 2008-12-04 12:35 AM (#24500 - in reply to #19251)
Subject: Re: dead battery

Cruiser

I returned from the Dealer today. The mechanic worked all morning and everything checked out fine according to the diagnostic. This was a demo bike and they had to change some kind of fuse before and they figured that the one they put in was causing the slow draw on the battery because it had a metal case. They did not have one in stock but they took one out of the bike in the showroom that has a plastic case. Hopefully this will be the solution to my problem.

The problem I was having was, the bike would charge the battery on the way to work but at the end of the day starting it could be a problem. when the bike is stopped after a ride and turnsd back on the volts were above 12 and after more than 8 hours parked the volts were well below the 12 volt mark. If it started the battery light would remain on for about 5 seconds and of course the starter seemed to struggleat the end of the day. I have had the trunk switch in the off position from the start.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2008-12-04 6:08 AM (#24504 - in reply to #19251)

Visionary

Sorry to hear of your problem.
Not to belittle your problem but back in the '80's Corvettes had a constant battery drain and owners had to disconnect the battery when they parked for long periods. Of course that all the 'vettes or at least most of them. Last I knew they never solved the problem.
I am sure between your dealer and Victory they will fix you up.
Keep us posted.
samlee
Posted 2008-12-04 12:25 PM (#24528 - in reply to #24500)

Puddle Jumper

Tazfan,

your symptoms sound very much like the ones my bike had... even with a charge it was only good enough for one start attempt...

my dealer replaced the entire guage cluster (my odometer now reads 20 miles rather than 5K) ad did the three recalls...perhaps the recalls had some effect...

Voltage is rock steady at 14+ regardless of the accessories and RPM...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™