You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

recall reflash
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

stumpy
Posted 2008-09-30 12:37 AM (#19308)
Subject: recall reflash

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
has anyone had the recall/reflash done, those who have do you notice any change in the decel popping?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2008-09-30 1:50 AM (#19313 - in reply to #19308)
Subject: Re: recall reflash

Visionary

So Cal
Hasn't popped since. The reflash has cured all of the little burps and farts. The little minor driveability stuff is all gone.
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-09-30 4:21 AM (#19315 - in reply to #19308)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I just had it done last week and rode about 1500mi since. It did not change any of detonation on my bike at all. It still happens regularly. I did tell them I had the st.1 Lvl. 2. pipes, so I'm sure that's not the problem. It's fairly annoying embarassing but I'm not sure it's a destructive problem. I've got a different issue with the drive that I'm going to continue to persue.
Fastfred
Posted 2008-09-30 7:20 AM (#19318 - in reply to #19308)
Subject: RE: recall reflash

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
I had it done Friday. I only had popping 1 time when I cold started the bike in the rain. It is a lot better but I'm running stock pipes ( I want the popping problem worked out before I get the stage 1 pipes)

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-09-30 7:34 AM (#19319 - in reply to #19318)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Since the reflash has gas mileage changed? I just got my letter yesterday to have mine done...
rmclarty
Posted 2008-09-30 8:18 AM (#19327 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
I am having the reflash recall done Thursday when they install my S1 L1 Pipes. I am hoping that one flash does not cancel out the other.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-09-30 8:34 AM (#19329 - in reply to #19308)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
You dont have to worry about the flash canceling out the other. The Digital Wrench software was updated and has the new maps. The old maps will have been overwritten. The number that comes on the card with the Pipes is not a map, it is an authorization code to approve the reflash.
Fastfred
Posted 2008-09-30 9:15 AM (#19331 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
I have only put a couple hundred miles on but the MPG seems to have dropped. But its running better and I find myself punching it off the line more now! Over time I think it will prove to be better on gas. There seems to be a better sound too. A deeper throttle. But its running good! really good!
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-09-30 12:16 PM (#19338 - in reply to #19308)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
Will the reflash stop Harley riders from giving someone the finger, and stop Teach from sermonizing?

Edited by Indiana RoadRunner 2008-09-30 12:19 PM
STARSHIP 1
Posted 2008-09-30 11:08 PM (#19396 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

Houston, Texas
Went by my dealer today for the latest recall and they were unable to get the reflash off of the computer...told me it was a problem communicating with the computer at Victory.....I'm leaving for Wyoming Sunday, hopefully they can 'communicate' before I push off...
dwhite28
Posted 2008-09-30 11:35 PM (#19399 - in reply to #19308)

Tourer

I have to admit that the Polaris site was down for awhile today. If they cant send the service report generated by digital wrench, then they can not get a new authorization code. If it is a rush job and you need to get on the road, they can send the service report and then call tech support like i did last Friday and have it all done in about 20 minutes or however long the phone call takes.
STARSHIP 1
Posted 2008-09-30 11:38 PM (#19400 - in reply to #19399)

Cruiser

Houston, Texas
Thanks for the tip......if they can't get it resolved tomorrow I will suggest that.
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-09-30 11:44 PM (#19401 - in reply to #19308)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I can't imagine what a PITA it is to have a customer waiting for thier bike while the Victory is generating a authorization code. It has to be very frusterating for the tech.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-09-30 11:50 PM (#19402 - in reply to #19308)

Tourer

It's not all that frustrating. This is why I make sure the customer knows right away or if i can, before he gets there that if he has a Stage 1 Exhaust system, it could take more than the 15 minutes suggested in the Recall letter.
okthenbye
Posted 2008-10-01 12:39 AM (#19405 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
It will be interesting if the Ca version is affected as good as I am hearing. I'm having mine done this Saturday. I have the Arlen Ness Big Honkers and the Big Dog fuel control system also from Ness. Only occasionally when decelerating then just as throttling back up it pops, more chronic when cold. Hoping the remap is the solution.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-10-01 2:48 AM (#19409 - in reply to #19308)

Visionary

So Cal
I live in LA area. If you have been riding your Vision for a while the difference will be obvious. That hesitation between 1-2 shifts is gone. Even though the annoyances were minor an easy to live with. The fact that you dont have to worry about them anymore is a positive. Having the fuel controller, you may not notice any change.
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-02 1:29 PM (#19604 - in reply to #19409)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
cjnoho - 2008-10-01 12:48 AM

I live in LA area. If you have been riding your Vision for a while the difference will be obvious. That hesitation between 1-2 shifts is gone. Even though the annoyances were minor an easy to live with. The fact that you dont have to worry about them anymore is a positive. Having the fuel controller, you may not notice any change.

Hey all,

I just got mine back last night from the dealer. I too was concerned about the new mapping and what would happen. Most of the time if a mapping is bad there is no way to back it out. This was my biggest concern.

I got the bike back last night and just as CJNOHO stated, I totally see the difference. I noticed ON THE WAY HOME...didn't even have to put a lot of miles on it. It runs quieter, smoother, shifts easier and there is NO popping.

I AM curious how the mileage will be affected. But unless it is a dramatic 10 mpg or something, it will be a small price to pay if there any difference as the changes are immensely better!
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-02 1:33 PM (#19605 - in reply to #19308)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I just called my dealer to have it done, and was informed that they had already done it at my last service. Which probably explains why it is running so great. Improved acceleration and smooth shifting in first and second gears was really noticeable, although my mileage seems to have suffered a bit.
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-02 1:42 PM (#19608 - in reply to #19409)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
cjnoho - 2008-10-01 12:48 AM

Hey all,

I just got mine back last night from the dealer. I too was concerned about the new mapping and what would happen. Most of the time if a mapping is bad there is no way to back it out. This was my biggest concern.

I got the bike back last night and just as CJNOHO stated, I totally see the difference. I noticed ON THE WAY HOME...didn't even have to put a lot of miles on it. It runs quieter, smoother, shifts easier and there is NO popping.

I AM curious how the mileage will be affected. But unless it is a dramatic 10 mpg or something, it will be a small price to pay if there any difference as the changes are immensely better!
cjnoho
Posted 2008-10-02 9:18 PM (#19656 - in reply to #19308)

Visionary

So Cal
My milage has increased slightly. 1-2 mpg.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-10-02 10:28 PM (#19668 - in reply to #19604)

Tourer

ElroyJ - 2008-10-02 1:29 PM Most of the time if a mapping is bad there is no way to back it out. [/QUOTE

I have never heard of this.  A map is a program.  either its is there and the vehicle runs or its not there and the vehicle does not run.  If you flash another map, it completely overwrites the previous program.

JSP
Posted 2008-10-02 10:35 PM (#19669 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
Just had mine done today, I still have stock pipes. The only thing that stands out post the flash is when I decel, throttle closed all the way and the rpm is between 1600 to 1800 aprox. its as if there is a short blip of the throttle. ( More pronounced than before) I think its a small amount of fule that gets introduced at that point.
I seem to recall reading something from LLoyd that under decel the fuel is shut off and gets reintroduced around this point.
Anyone else have this result?
Flatsix
Posted 2008-10-02 11:27 PM (#19671 - in reply to #19669)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

Mine has that habbit currently...I'm hoping the reflash will correct that condition!

Sounds like it may aggrivate it.

stumpy
Posted 2008-10-03 4:22 AM (#19677 - in reply to #19308)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
Had mine done on 1 oct took a while but it still encountered popping but not as drastic,I have S1L2 exhaust. Seems to do it more cold than at running temp. On the idle issue that was discussed above is normal on most fuel injected cars, also I assume that part of the remap facilated this idle change to combat the decel popping.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™