You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Exhaust different on right compared to left
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-03 6:21 PM (#19738)
Subject: Exhaust different on right compared to left

Tourer

Centennial, CO
I have found that I get more sound from my right exhaust pipe than the left. If I hold my hands (they get nice and oily from this so don't do it unless you plan to wash) behind each pipe, I find that the right feel a bit stronger. I figure this is the case since it is more of a straight shot back. But the sound difference is what gets me.

S1 L2 is what I am running. I only noticed this AFTER the new pipes.

Thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-03 6:21 PM (#19739 - in reply to #19738)
Subject: RE: Exhaust different on right compared to left

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Oh...and I did check for leaks and found none.
cw1115
Posted 2008-10-03 7:27 PM (#19748 - in reply to #19738)
Subject: Re: Exhaust different on right compared to left

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Just a guess, but I think there is a lot more resistance on the left since it has to go through the crossover. It's not a "true" dual exhaust.
vic2004-08
Posted 2008-10-03 8:43 PM (#19754 - in reply to #19738)

Cruiser

Lusby,Md
Where do you people come up with this stuff,just ride the bike and enjoy.Who cares which pipe has what coming out of it!!!
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-05 4:03 AM (#19854 - in reply to #19754)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
vic2004-08 - 2008-10-03 6:43 PM

Where do you people come up with this stuff,just ride the bike and enjoy.Who cares which pipe has what coming out of it!!!

Wow...thanks man! Appreciate the fact that I MUST be a dumbass!
varyder
Posted 2008-10-05 7:22 AM (#19855 - in reply to #19854)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

ElroyJ - 2008-10-05 4:03 AM vic2004-08 - 2008-10-03 6:43 PM Where do you people come up with this stuff,just ride the bike and enjoy.Who cares which pipe has what coming out of it!!! Wow...thanks man! Appreciate the fact that I MUST be a dumbass!

Don't feel too alone, some folk here will make you feel that way, but it's not just here it's everywhere. Being new to V-Twin motorcycles and not an engineer, but mechanically inclined, I thought true dual would make a difference. After some humbling discussions with my dealer I have come to the conclusion not to worry about the fact that the Vision is not a true dual, though I thought it was. I realized this in front of the tech when I thought something was wrong with my engine because of the stronger flow on the right pipe compared to the left. They use the cross-over more for looks than function and because both cylinders run into the same pipe it adds to the efficiency of the engine. I have read there is some true duals made for the Vision out there somewhere, but I'm told that even if it is set up right you'll gain horseys but lose a lot in gas mileage.

Edited by varyder 2008-10-05 7:22 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2008-10-05 11:02 AM (#19870 - in reply to #19855)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I along with others, appreciate the fact, that you now realize you are a "DUMBASS". Yeah, small golf clap would be appropriate at this time. Join the club, have a Dr. Pepper and pull up a stool at the fireside. We gather bi-weekly to discuss and come to terms of our new found status. So, welcome!

As for your problem or notice of different airflow out of each pipe, I would have to basically go with VasokeenRyder. He has a good explanation, but just like with A/C duct work, you will find that most pipe is curved even when trying to make a 90 degree or tighter turn. The crossover pipe appears to be just a crossover pipe put in place, making two sharp 90 degree turns. So, the velocity of the air is greatly diminished compared to the other one just due to two sharp turns.
Now if it was dual setup and same problem, I might get concerned, but not this way.

Not the same amount of air, so it's not gonna be the same sound, It's kinda like raising your voice, requires more air to get louder, with out the volume, your not getting louder.

FYI - Your Welcome fellow DUMBASS Member!

Edited by pollolittle 2008-10-05 11:04 AM
varyder
Posted 2008-10-05 5:15 PM (#19917 - in reply to #19870)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

pollolittle - 2008-10-05 11:02 AM I along with others, appreciate the fact, that you now realize you are a "DUMBASS". Yeah, small golf clap would be appropriate at this time. Join the club, have a Dr. Pepper and pull up a stool at the fireside. We gather bi-weekly to discuss and come to terms of our new found status. So, welcome! As for your problem or notice of different airflow out of each pipe, I would have to basically go with VasokeenRyder. He has a good explanation, but just like with A/C duct work, you will find that most pipe is curved even when trying to make a 90 degree or tighter turn. The crossover pipe appears to be just a crossover pipe put in place, making two sharp 90 degree turns. So, the velocity of the air is greatly diminished compared to the other one just due to two sharp turns. Now if it was dual setup and same problem, I might get concerned, but not this way. Not the same amount of air, so it's not gonna be the same sound, It's kinda like raising your voice, requires more air to get louder, with out the volume, your not getting louder. FYI - Your Welcome fellow DUMBASS Member!

I declare chickenpoco, you can't be older than me, but I swear (which my momma told me never to do) you were my 11th grade shop TEACH. Your command of the english language and eloquence is strangly familiar, and one of the few people that make sense to me what they say. Now, I better get back to my homework...

ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-07 6:06 PM (#20089 - in reply to #19870)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
pollolittle - 2008-10-05 9:02 AM

I along with others, appreciate the fact, that you now realize you are a "DUMBASS". Yeah, small golf clap would be appropriate at this time. Join the club, have a Dr. Pepper and pull up a stool at the fireside. We gather bi-weekly to discuss and come to terms of our new found status. So, welcome!

As for your problem or notice of different airflow out of each pipe, I would have to basically go with VasokeenRyder. He has a good explanation, but just like with A/C duct work, you will find that most pipe is curved even when trying to make a 90 degree or tighter turn. The crossover pipe appears to be just a crossover pipe put in place, making two sharp 90 degree turns. So, the velocity of the air is greatly diminished compared to the other one just due to two sharp turns.
Now if it was dual setup and same problem, I might get concerned, but not this way.

Not the same amount of air, so it's not gonna be the same sound, It's kinda like raising your voice, requires more air to get louder, with out the volume, your not getting louder.

FYI - Your Welcome fellow DUMBASS Member!

Waaaaaaahooooooo! I MADE IT! Thank you!

First, I would like to thank the committee for the wonderful class I have been anointed to join. I would also like to think those that have classified me as a DUMBASS and allowing me to join this prestigious club. I am honored.
Last, I would like to thank my parents for allowing me to ask dumb questions growing up which has allowed me to join the illustrious group!

Now, what number member am I? LMAO!

Thanks for the input, everyone! I never gave it much thought that it wasn't a true dual. Had I thought about the crossover, I would have had my own answer. But then again, I wouldn't have been able to join the DA club which would be a travesty in its own right. Bwaahaahaa!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2008-10-08 12:47 AM (#20133 - in reply to #19738)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Holy cow, I'm surrounded by a hord of over paid idiots! That's just here at work, you knuckleheads astound me with your simple mindedness. Pollopoot, How have you managed to live with this drivvle? I've had my hiatus, and will come back for as long as my eyes don't start popping out of my head from the ignorance displayed in little black letters typed in over reacting, bored, Rich Urban Bikers! Oh, I seem to grip my throttle hand tighter than my clutch hand. I'm not sure, does this mean i want to go faster, or bitch slap someone with my free hand? Just saying...
pollolittle
Posted 2008-10-08 7:51 AM (#20148 - in reply to #19738)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Simmer down there now BuCkn*kd, you've had a hiatus and I just now have reached past your post count. But by only a few. As for you never ending need to bit@h slap someone, we have discovered that is not the problem. It is a factory defect that may be affecting all Vision riders, due to the lack of oxygen being forced into your face, due to the fact you have an electric windshield. There might be a safety recall on this.
I've barely been able to survive, folks like ElroyJ (haven't seen a name like that in years), seem to come around and get it, but it takes them a minute. But since he is happy to join the club, I have given him the lucky number member 23 for the DA club. Stamped and approved by the board of DA's!
RUB (Rich Urban Bikers), hehehehehe! As for your grip, there is new medical documentation that will help you doctor diagnose you correctly! TUG - Tightenin Up Grip and of course you know the PULL - Propositioning Urban Linkage Lovers. So take those two to your local Geriatric Physician and they should be able to help you.

Oh yeah, and welcome back, check your mail, you have old messages and let your brothers and fellow Vespa members know when your headed out, again!
Rebel
Posted 2008-10-11 5:27 PM (#20432 - in reply to #19754)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
I was going to answer the question for you, Elroy, but you already have the answer so now I won't. :P

And congratulations on joining the DUMBASS club. It's a very prestigious and exclusive club. I envy you.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-10-11 6:05 PM (#20452 - in reply to #19738)

Visionary

So Cal
We are all members of that club if you bought two mufflers for your Vision. One is all you need to change sound or performance. But because it wouldnt look right, we buy two.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™