You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Trailer Hitch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-13 7:08 PM (#1805)
Subject: Trailer Hitch

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Looks like HitchDoc isn't ready to make a trailer hitch to fit the Vision yet.  I sent them this note a couple of days ago:

I know that several people who have purchased the new Victory Vision would like trailer hitches for them.  I hope to find out that you plan to create one for it.  I already have one for my Honda Shadow Spirit, but need one for my Vision, too.

I got this reply:
 Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning our hitches; however, I am sorry to inform you that we do not carry a hitch for your type of bike.  If we do plan on making a hitch for your bike, I can contact you if you would like me to.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-446-8222 Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. Thank you,

Stacy at HitchDoc (e-mail is stacy AT HitchDoc dot com)

Maybe if all here who would like a hitch for the Vision contacted HitchDoc...  Whaddya think?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tramp
Posted 2007-11-14 8:12 AM (#1815 - in reply to #1805)
Subject: RE: Trailer Hitch

Cruiser

Yeah, at least you got a response. I never ever heard back from them. Bushtec said they need to get their hands on one for a few days before they can develop one. I'd loan them mine, but I don't have one yet
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-14 9:04 AM (#1817 - in reply to #1815)
Subject: RE: Trailer Hitch

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Tramp - 2007-11-14 8:12 AM

Yeah, at least you got a response. I never ever heard back from them. Bushtec said they need to get their hands on one for a few days before they can develop one. I'd loan them mine, but I don't have one yet

I am really tempted to make them an offer. I'll drive the Vision there, and leave it for 2-3 weeks.
In return, they need to give me a rent a car to get back home, and then back there, or lend me a
bike (interstate capable). Then, in return, I'd like a hitch & wiring harness for my Kawasaki
VN2000 & the Vision. (o: They do make a hitch for the VN2000.

That is probably too steep for them to accept.

Herb
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-14 9:49 AM (#1821 - in reply to #1805)
Subject: Re: Trailer Hitch

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
DON'T DO IT! think of the children....it's unethical to break up the beautiful lines of the vision!
Travelin Man
Posted 2007-11-14 10:00 AM (#1822 - in reply to #1805)

Iron Butt

A hidden receiver style hitch similar to what Bushtec manufactures for the GL1800 Goldwing would NOT detract from the great lines of the Vision, yet make it easier for those of us who are used to towing a cargo trailer when on longer trips or two up.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-14 10:49 AM (#1823 - in reply to #1805)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i've been cross country 3 times, and just filled both my saddle bags. I took my oldest (21 yr old daughter) on a trip to Vegas. It was a weekend trip, and she tried to bring all that girly stuff. I filled one saddle bag, and gave her the other. curling irons, make-up...that crap got tossed in the garage. This is with out a pizza box. So, the excuse that you Need a trailor, holds no water. Get a car and be done with it.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-14 11:21 AM (#1824 - in reply to #1805)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
I have contacted Bushtec and offered to let him use my bike after Thanksgiving to develop a prototype. With luck, we'll have hitches ready in a few weeks.
Tramp
Posted 2007-11-14 11:53 AM (#1826 - in reply to #1824)

Cruiser

Lone Ranger - 2007-11-14 11:21 AM

I have contacted Bushtec and offered to let him use my bike after Thanksgiving to develop a prototype. With luck, we'll have hitches ready in a few weeks.

that's great news!!
Keep us posted
thanks
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-16 5:56 AM (#1911 - in reply to #1805)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Nooooooo! I hope you enjoy your 4 wheelers, wait....doesn't a car have four...sorry, do what you think must be done. You still confuse me, and since I'm a simple man and can't think outside the box, why did you get motorcycles?
Travelin Man
Posted 2007-11-16 8:18 AM (#1913 - in reply to #1823)

Iron Butt

BUCKEYE - 2007-11-14 9:49 AM

i've been cross country 3 times, and just filled both my saddle bags. I took my oldest (21 yr old daughter) on a trip to Vegas. It was a weekend trip, and she tried to bring all that girly stuff. I filled one saddle bag, and gave her the other. curling irons, make-up...that crap got tossed in the garage. This is with out a pizza box. So, the excuse that you Need a trailor, holds no water. Get a car and be done with it.

I would suggest that you take a look at the majority of touring riders, cargo trailer use is extremely common amongst those that ride two up and do longer trips than just a simple weekend outing. Besides being able to keep the woman happy, which in turn keeps me happy , it allows me to bring varied riding clothing for different situations, better rain gear than simple Frogg Toggs, as well as nicer clothing for going out to dinner.

I've been riding full dresser touring bikes for 11 years now, having logged over 250K miles, so tell you what, get some experience touring then perhaps you will see the benifit of towing a trailer versus driving a car........................ugg.....................trolls....................
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 8:26 AM (#1914 - in reply to #1805)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I have to lightly defend Buckeye, He means no harm just has a different style of riding. I too, don't want a trailer. Would like to carry more but hey it helps shed some of the unneeded items, IMHO.
Travelin' Man I see you are new and as always Welcome, if you have any sense of humor go back and read anything by Buckeye and you will lightly understand what I mean. He needs coffee, Coffee, COOFFFEEEE! He has an opinion, let him enjoy it. Feel free to disagree and even argue with him. Not really a troll, there's another one around for that.
Tramp
Posted 2007-11-16 2:56 PM (#1933 - in reply to #1911)

Cruiser

you can't be so naive as to think that riding a motorcycle with a trailer attached to it is the same a riding in a car. You remind me of thos riders who feel that only a certain brand of bike is acceptable, or the ones who feel that saddle bags and a windshield ruin the beauty of motorcycling. I use a map when travelling, but don't tell others that they shouldn't use a gps, I just stay out of the conversations between those that are discussing gps gadgets.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 3:01 PM (#1935 - in reply to #1805)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
AHHH, but I can be that naive. My Choice.
Tramp
Posted 2007-11-16 3:09 PM (#1938 - in reply to #1935)

Cruiser

you're correct

Edited by Tramp 2007-11-16 3:19 PM
Travelin Man
Posted 2007-11-16 5:01 PM (#1940 - in reply to #1914)

Iron Butt

pollolittle - 2007-11-16 7:26 AM

I have to lightly defend Buckeye, He means no harm just has a different style of riding. I too, don't want a trailer. Would like to carry more but hey it helps shed some of the unneeded items, IMHO.
Travelin' Man I see you are new and as always Welcome, if you have any sense of humor go back and read anything by Buckeye and you will lightly understand what I mean. He needs coffee, Coffee, COOFFFEEEE! He has an opinion, let him enjoy it. Feel free to disagree and even argue with him. Not really a troll, there's another one around for that.

Ok, perhaps I over reacted, I never noticed the time Buckeye posted as my post was only a couple of hours later.

I do have to defend my position though simply by stating to Buckeye that if you don't believe in using a trailer why are you posting on a topic thread that is obviously about trailer hitches and trailer towing?
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 9:07 PM (#1941 - in reply to #1805)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Because he is a ramblin man with no focus. He has no vision and is just trying to keep what is left of his sanity, since his Vision has been on backorder and multiple delivery dates promised. I agree he is posting on a thread about trailers and towing, but I look past his indigression. To me he is like the guy inside your head that you don't want to hear but he's always there, and doesn't always make sense, especially to your wife or SO.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 4:57 AM (#1995 - in reply to #1805)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I'm on my second touring bike, and 3 HD. This one has 70k on it, and its a 2003.
I have focus, just no vision! You know, I think we should all just gather around the camp fire and sing and frolick. I'll bring the dancing girls, pollolittle will bring the ammunition and whiskey, and we'll swap stories about how our "wives" like the extra space on a trailer for there girly girl stuff. I've been touring, for about 10 years now. Like I said, I've made 3 cross country trips. I'm sure I could have made it in a "week-end" but the guys that live in my head kept fighting over trunk space in the trailer I wouldn't get them. Nothing say's "adventure" like a nice trailer. I mean, you could probably bring enough gear to last a month. You could probably hook up a kayak to the top so you can "ford" those rivers you cross on your touring excursions. just thinking outside the box. You could store a lot of beer in a trailer. You could store a troll in a trailer. I've got nothing! You've taken it all away! shut up, or the man without the trailer is taking one between the eyes. See I can be cool with a trailer, just needed you to tell me how every one has one. thanks for the insight. Pea shout.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-04 9:19 PM (#2523 - in reply to #1824)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I dropped off my Vision at Bushtec yesterday so they can develop the prototype trailer hitch.  Hopefully I'll get her back this weekend.  It doesn't feel right to leave the new toy in someone else's hands... I miss her already!  The sacrifices that luzzy and I are making for the good of the rest of the Vision Riders ... 

Actually, the folks up at Bushtec were really cool and I am looking forward to the new hitch.  AND there may be a new trailer in the works for next year that will look REALLY sweet behind a Vision .  Keep your fingers crossed...

Edited by Lone Ranger 2007-12-04 9:39 PM
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-05 7:44 AM (#2532 - in reply to #1805)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Are they giving you a free trailer? Hopefully, since your riding season still exist to some degree. Maybe even a large discount like over 60% off the hitch or trailer or both. I have been under my vision and I see no real space to hide a hitch, much less attach one without either cutting into the body panels or having extenda arms come out from underneath it somewhere. Where is the hitch attached on the goldwing or pics?
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-05 10:45 AM (#2537 - in reply to #2532)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Actually I'm getting a free hitch out of the deal.  Mind you, though, that there are at least two 600-mile round trips involved, so it's not as free as it originally sounds .
RedRider
Posted 2007-12-05 1:27 PM (#2541 - in reply to #1805)

Visionary

"Nooooooo! I hope you enjoy your 4 wheelers, wait....doesn't a car have four...sorry, do what you think must be done. You still confuse me, and since I'm a simple man and can't think outside the box, why did you get motorcycles?"

Not at Buckeye but the other poster:
We all ride here so I assume we all know the difference between riding and driving. The thing I noticed over the years is I don't need to take all that crap with me. Can't eat in biker clothes? I and several friends only got turned away once from a "fancy" eatery. Didn't give a shit if they got my money or not. I have always gotten better food where they didn't make a judgment about you before hand.... Sound like someone we know?
So I go to CA and Sturgis and back in 16 days and I need to wash my clothes 1 more time than you cause I ain't towing a trailer? A better cure for the lady that wants to bring everything is for her to ride her own bike and carry her own stuff. Rode through some twisties with a guy towing a trailer and all he said later was, I wish I didn't have a trailer so I could enjoy them. plus i had to wait for him to catchup all the time.

Hey, if you want/need a trailer that's your choice but maybe you don't need to justify with the reasons you use. Oooh look at all the others tourers towing trailers... Oooooh they all drove off the bridge let's follow them cause they must be right? I have seen way many more full dressers/tourers without trailers and someone on the back in my travels.

Buckeye, still haven't got your Vision? Are you sure they put the order in? I would get my deposit and head elsewhere. Hope you make out okay.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-05 2:09 PM (#2544 - in reply to #2541)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I use mine when I'm going out of town on military duty for a month or two at a time.  Have to have a way to carry my military gear, computer, banjo, etc. .  I would rather tow a trailer behind my bike than have to tow my bike on a trailer when I have to transport all my gear.

Oh... and having a trailer shouldn't affect your twisty riding.  You don't even feel it behind you and you can lean the bike nearly all the way down without affecting anything.

Edited by Lone Ranger 2007-12-05 2:11 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™