You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

is victory working a zumo 550 harness
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

jeffmack
Posted 2008-10-07 6:21 AM (#20059)
Subject: is victory working a zumo 550 harness

Iron Butt

was wondering if anyone has info about victory working on a zumo install harness for the bike? would be nice if they get it to work with the bike the way the 2700's do, why Victory picked the 2700 model over the zumo ill never know. I know some have found a way to tap into the wiring but I am hoping victory makes a way to install the zumo soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jama
Posted 2008-10-07 1:05 PM (#20076 - in reply to #20059)
Subject: Re: is victory working a zumo 550 harness

Cruiser

Arkansas
I don't think Victory will care about us having the latest and most useful gadgets
until they get close to the end of their inventory that they contracted for.
If I were in charge, I would sweep these 2720's out at cost or less and introduce the
state of the art stuff at a price that would allow the customer to demonstrate their loyalty
to the brand and help their dealers out without feeling like they were just robbed at penpoint.
RedRider
Posted 2008-10-07 3:54 PM (#20082 - in reply to #20059)

Visionary

Like when I work on stuff here at work, we get an order to design something on the date the money comes in. We can not predict the future. We find a unit that will do the best job at the time. So if it takes us 2 years to complete the design and manufacture of the product it is 2 years behind when we deliver by what's out there at that time. We have tons of catalog that review to see what is new to be up to date at the start of each project.
Here's an example: It takes just about 6 years to build a 688 class submarine (back when we built them). The sub is designed with the equipment at that time. The boat comes in for PSA (12,000 mile check up). This makes it 7 years since the start of the design. I remember watching the guys carry "big" harddrives off the boat. These were about 8 x 8 x 10 inches in shape and had MB size. They finally got around to installing laptops on them before I got laid off in 1998.

Doesn't solve your problem but now you have an idea of what happened.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-10-09 8:09 PM (#20289 - in reply to #20059)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i wouldnt hold your breathe on that harness. hell they havent even fixed the radio reception issues yet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™