You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

kin52
Posted 2015-04-22 12:21 PM (#172034)
Subject: I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.

Cruiser

Louisville, KY
It seems like anytime I call the dealer about anything they have no parts in stock.
When I needed the body clips that cost like 5 cents each and there are a hundred on each vision they had none in stock.
When I need a gasket or screw for a motor they have none in stock.
Our bikes all have the same motor how can you not have a primary gasket when every bike you sell uses the same gasket. You would think to be a dealer you would need to have at least some parts inventory not just a supply of 40 dollar T shirts.
If anything kills victory it will be the parts supply and dealer network.
I just ordered my primary gasket it will take three days to get in and it costs 43 dollars, crazy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2015-04-22 3:46 PM (#172039 - in reply to #172034)
Subject: Re: I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.

Visionary

Central Maryland
Why are you ordering a primary gasket?
kin52
Posted 2015-04-22 5:10 PM (#172040 - in reply to #172039)
Subject: Re: I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.

Cruiser

Louisville, KY
I'm upgrading my clutch. I've done a lot of motor mods and the clutch will slip now.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-04-22 5:54 PM (#172043 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

Victory has to have 100% market up on all their parts. I went to dealer for spark plugs and they had none. This dealer have been selling Vic's for over 8 years. It has every one of the Vic models on the floor and a dozen used one. So I said to the parts guy no spark plugs HE said no we have none. So can I have some for a gold wing HE said you can not interchange them. It a very loud voice I ask for the GM. He found me some. I have never been back and there only 4 miles away from me.
okie vision
Posted 2015-04-22 6:22 PM (#172045 - in reply to #172034)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
I'm with ya, Chuck. It could definitely be better.
tonyj
Posted 2015-04-24 5:23 PM (#172094 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Salina, KS
Get used to it, the dealer network is below average at best. I waited over two months for a paper air filter for my Vision. Why Victory allows these places hang their sign and not stock even maintenance items is beyond me.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-04-24 5:51 PM (#172095 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

<p>Tony look on ebay or amazon for one</p><p> </p><p>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Victory-Vision-Air-Filter-Used-/161672776778?fits=Make%3AVictory%7CModel%3AVision&hash=item25a472cc4a&vxp=mtr</p>

Edited by johnnyvision 2015-04-24 5:52 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-04-24 5:52 PM (#172096 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Victory-Vision-Air-Filter-Used-/161...
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-04-24 6:50 PM (#172097 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Not saying its right, but at the same time. In 7 years of owning 2 visions, I never needed any of those parts ever.. so I have to wonder if needing those types of parts is Not the norm and there for this could be why they don't order them and risk sitting on them

Or if you read between the lines.. is not carrying gaskets and clips a sign of (not a common problem?) Unlike Harley .... gaskets would surely be stocked up on !! As far as plugs. I never ever get plugs from a dealer... I get my oem or better from my Napa dealer. .
tonyj
Posted 2015-04-27 7:08 PM (#172148 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Salina, KS
Ebay....I don't do that because I want to support MY local dealer. We shouldn't have to rely on the web to source common everyday parts for our bikes, it's ridiculous! Good grief, they make one engine, one. To not have maintenance items and the Top 100 selling parts in stock is beyond excusable.
icemann
Posted 2015-04-27 10:36 PM (#172152 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

, OH
I really cant say that about the Dayton Motorsports Victory Dealership. So far Mike has been outstanding with me on parts. So far most of the stuff they have had in stock or on sale.
mgoblue
Posted 2015-04-28 4:54 AM (#172154 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Victory dealers are complete crap. The good ones and what very few of them there were have been forced out of business years ago. Fuck Polaris and the bullshit that these guys have to carry all there shit. Maybe some guys just want to sell bikes.....what a crazy thought, "Hey i'm into bikes, i wanna sell bikes....oh wait fuck i have to sell every quad, sled and side by side and dont get me going about that retarded slingshot crap". It really is sad. It is the biggest reason i went to an HD and the fact that my wife is a employed by HD and i get bad ass discounts. The funny thing, she works for HD and rides a Cross Country. ha! The dealer network really is crap though. I live in southwest Michigan and the best dealer closest to me is just north of Chicago. Dont try and order something like a jacket or hoodie from dealer, Jesus Christ that will take 3 months and the shit fits all jacked up. Sorry, i really do love Vic bikes but god damn dealers suck cock and Polaris made them that way.
rwilly
Posted 2015-04-28 6:48 AM (#172155 - in reply to #172034)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Yowza Mgoblue! Say it like it is.

I very rarely even go to the dealer. I get my oil from them but that's about it. I haven't had any reason to take my Vision into the shop since I bought it, but on the rare occasion I go to the dealer I do not enjoy it. The employees are no fun to talk to, they are not helpful, etc.
It is sad, because it will do nothing but hurt Polaris.
ljurgens
Posted 2015-04-28 7:21 AM (#172156 - in reply to #172034)
Subject: RE: I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

I'll offer the opposite, the dealers near me, Rod's ride on powersports and Podein's equipment are both great dealers. Owners, sales, parts and service staff are all great. Rod's hosts movie night (with free pizza/soda) each spring with a bike related movie to get everyone ready to ride (WI winter is long). Has most things you need, and gets the other stuff in a day or two generally.

bigdrag
Posted 2015-04-28 7:35 AM (#172157 - in reply to #172034)
Subject: RE: I guess my biggest gripe about victory is the dealers carry nothing.

Puddle Jumper

Randy's Cycle in Marengo, Il. has always had what I needed, or was able to get it quickly. The UPS truck is there everyday. Whenever I have had scheduled maintenance it was never held up by a lack of parts. I have owned 2 visions, both from Randy's. I think some dealers get IT, and some don't. Victory needs to do a better job of holding dealerships accountable for bad customer service issues.
huts'putt
Posted 2015-04-28 11:02 AM (#172158 - in reply to #172157)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
I've worked with three dealers in my area, Action Cycle, A+ Powersports, and Randy's Cycles, and all were great people to work with. Got what I needed in two to three days, treated me like family. Sometimes, it's the customers attitude that makes one's experience bad. And mgoblue, your comments prove your attitude. Have fun on your paint shaker, and before you try and slam me, I rode harley's for years, and will never go back to them. Their dealers aren't any better than anyone else. As a matter of fact, the salesman at Racine h-d lie to your face about your trade-in's, and what they have to do to put them back on sales floor so they can low ball you on your trade, then once they have it, the next day it's for sale with nothing fixed, if it really did need anything. Plus they advertise that they WILL TAKE ANYTHING IN TRADE, and that is a bald face lie, cause I had a fat tire bike that the sales manager was going to take, but the owner of said dealer, said no, won't trade. I should have sued his ass for false advertisement.
mgoblue
Posted 2015-04-29 12:53 AM (#172168 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

huts'putt i not here to slam you. I am here slam mother Polaris. They were the same way when i had Polaris sleds. It really truely is a good thing that they make the best sleds, quads and bikes on the planet because when you have to deal with service they blow. It is good thing you dont usually have to deal with there service departments. Randys cycle in Ill. is awesome if they actually know there product. But hey huts'putt when was the last time you rode a "paint shaker"? Let me guess you are @60 and have been ridin since you got back from Nam. My attitude towards Polaris does reflect my expierances. As far as west MI. goes for dealers Devries sales were the only good guys around. Full Throttle in Lansing wants to sell rockets, Village in Holland loves there Yamahas, Smokin Joes in Caledonia are a bunch of low dirty crooks and Leaders in Kzoo sell boats, for christ sakes there name is Leaders Marine. By the way huts's, i guess you did not read my whole post you d bag, my wife rides a Cross Country and she is upper management for a very large HD dealer. I wasnt slamming you until then i was mearly sharing my view of Polaris not the great product that Victory is.
donetracey
Posted 2015-04-29 2:29 AM (#172169 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
AWE GEE ... You poor Bastages.
I simply phone for an appointment for service. Arrive at the agreed time. They give me keys for a 'demo' Vision and I ride away with my wife to do what we want for however long the service will be.... lunch ... nice ride on a different bike ... visit friends ... whatever.
We ride back to the dealer about the time he said the job would be done. Pay the bill, and get out of there.
NEVER have had to go back because "they didn't have the part in stock". And ANYTIME I felt I needed some gadget - they HAD it.
Listen - VICTORY dealers are not employees of VICTORY. They are just Good Folks ... or ASSHOLES selling a product.
Don't BLAME Victory for the ASSHOLES - they come in ALL colors and sizes. There are HARLEY dealers that are ASSHOLES - or ROLLS ROYCE assholes.

Move on down the road if you don't like your Dealer - NO MATTER WHAT HE IS SELLING !!!
huts'putt
Posted 2015-04-29 10:07 AM (#172173 - in reply to #172169)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
mgoblue, yes I am over 60 years old, no, I didn't serve in Viet Nam, plenty of my friends did though, and I don't appreciate your fucking attitude towards them. I've ridden bikes since I was fifteen years old, and I rode paint shakers throughout my riding career. As a matter of fact, I rode two new harley's since '07 till I got my '13 Vision. And yes, I saw that your wife works at harley and rides a Cross Country. As far as dealing with the service, my brother has a '10 Kingpin and last summer something came off his front tire and damaged the voltage regulator, fried it and it needed to be replaced along with some other wires. A+ Powersports did the repairs in less than a week. If you have a problem with the local Victory dealers, then contact Victory themselves, they will deal with it. As the old saying goes, only the weak of mind resorts to name calling, and again you proved that your self.

And donetracey, my point exactly, I do the same with my dealer, as I was trying to say, good and bad, no matter what they sell.
mgoblue
Posted 2015-05-02 2:53 AM (#172196 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Hey listen here dick putts my old man and his 2 brothers did 13 tours in Nam so the last thing i am doing is disrepecting those who served. I am merely disrespecting you, you are the one who started the insults so go f--- yourself. Sorry to the rest of you this is a bit childish but i really dont care. Ride safe all.
willtill
Posted 2015-05-02 5:46 AM (#172200 - in reply to #172034)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Calm down guys... this is starting to resemble a Goldwing board.
RoteBarron
Posted 2015-05-02 1:30 PM (#172203 - in reply to #172200)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
Amen brother. My dealer (Champion Powersports ) is the best. Great folks...haven't bought any parts like plugs but probably wouldn't......or maybe. They've put on my CB (shy I didn't is beyond me) with no fuss. Now my car dealer tied to sell me a new inlet for my thermostat....Still laughing about it.......As been said....some are good some are not. Just try to be smarter that them when it counts. And do me a favor guys....lighten up...were all brothers here and just looking for good info and feed back.

Retired USAF 24 yrs. Been there, done it. RIDE ON BROTHERS and keep the shiny side up!
rdbudd
Posted 2015-05-02 7:48 PM (#172206 - in reply to #172200)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
willtill - 2015-05-02 5:46 AM

Calm down guys... this is starting to resemble a Goldwing board.

Lol!! "Tis true.

And, along with the theme of the other thread concerning "where's the new Vision", the Goldwing crowd have been riding the same Goldwing model for the past 14 years--and expecting the "new Goldwing" for at least the past 7 years, which coincides with the release of the Vision. They are still waiting.

Ronnie

huts'putt
Posted 2015-05-02 11:37 PM (#172208 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
mgoblue, all I did was point out that your attitude sucks, and if you can't deal with that, too bad. I didn't call you any bad names at all, your the one who started with the name calling. You then proceeded to insult me, so, too fucking bad if I called you out on the Viet Nam Vet insult, and that is exactly what it was. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself also, but, I don't need to lower myself to your level of intelligence. You again have proved exactly the kind of person you truly are, a big badass internet bully. Plus, if you don't own a Vision, then why are you trolling on a Vision site. This will be my last response to your idiotic rants.
mgoblue
Posted 2015-05-05 12:19 AM (#172246 - in reply to #172034)

Cruiser

Blah, blah blah.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™